TheBalm Cheater

TheBalm Cheater
TheBalm Cheater Mascara

3.7

on 2/12/2017 1:21:00 PM

It doesn't do anything except giving some colour. It flakes of through the day. Not worth the money imo

on 5/6/2015 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The formula is too dry.
It does nothing to my lashes, no color or volume.
It's too expensive.

i like it <3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Bought this mascara because the packaging was cute and had a $5 off voucher for the balm cosmetics and I regretted it. Should have purchased other products instead. I love mascaras and this mascara was nothing special.

Price was too expensive for what it does. Does not give me volume or length. I naturally have long lashes and I wanted it to give me a false lash effect but it only blackens my lashes. Does not even curl my lashes. I live in a hot and humid country and this mascara smudges on me about mid-day at the ends of my eyes where my lashes are the most longest.

I use this mascara when I am lounging at home and there are guests visiting or when I am out to run a few errands. It has the mascara smell to it and could smell it when I pull it out of the tube.

Overall, this is an okay mascara. I will never repurchase I run out or lost it. There are other mascaras out there that offers a better quality at the same price.

on 6/24/2014 7:40:00 PM

Not sure how to rate this.

It is pretty pricey, about 18 dollars as opposed to many drugstore brands like Maybelline which are equally as good that run at about 5 bucks. The mascara worked amazingly well at first. 2 weeks later it is dried up and lost the effect it once had. I cannot tell if I just happened to buy a dud mascara, or if it is just how this particular brand is. Given the fact that it is so expensive and dried up so damn fast, I will not buy this again.

on 9/14/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is a TOP NOTCH mascara. It is a softer look, but you can build it up if you want to.

The only reason I would not run out and re purchase is price; I am trying to get into the lower cost Mascaras to save some $$$ as you throw away this every few months and hardly use much of the product

The want is great - gives a nice feathery soft look

Dark black -- not overpowering

No spider lashes ...

I got this in thebalm "Oh So Witty!" set and I love it! It isn't a real heavy mascara, so like other reviews say it is great for daytime because it looks more natural than a "volumizing, lengthening" mascara. I have other mascaras for those purposes. And it doesn't clump!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is a mediocre mascara for me, gave my Asian-thin sparse medium length lashes a good definition. It separates my lashes well but gets clumpy after two coats. The formula isnt too wet nor too dry. Gives a slightly added volume for a natural look. Smudges badly on my oily lids after 5 hours. I prefer mascara that gives me vavavoom lashes, this isnt it. Finishing the tube and will not be buying again. I prefer my Rimmel Volume Effect Mascara much much much better and that one is dirt cheap...Will I recommend? Unless you have non-oily lids and are looking for natural lash-effect, look elsewhere..

on 1/1/2013 8:29:00 PM

I love this product as a daytime mascara, or as a 'base' for a much heavier one to be applied too.

This doesn't clump at all, and in two coats it looks very nice with a natural eye for work or school or shopping.

It isn't dramatic enough for me to wear at night time, however, because it doesn't clump at all, it is the perfect base for my heavier mascaras, like diorshow, lights camera lashes and YSL shocking. It really helps them with clumping issues and makes them last longer.

The packaging is okay, but the paper sticker is peeling off which is irritating.

Overall, I would buy this again, and I plan on repurchasing this when I next see it.

on 8/3/2012 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. I've been using it a few days and it's going in the trash. The brush is awful and does not coat my lashes with hardly any product and added no length or volume. Others have compared this to Maybelline Full N Soft which I completely disagree with as Full N Soft is one of my all time favorite mascaras.

Popular Mascaras