C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm

C.O. Bigelow  My Favorite Night Balm

4.7

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Petrolatum, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ozokerite, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-1, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Mineral Oil, Lanolin Oil, C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (CAndeilla Cera, Cire de Candelilla), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Isoprpyl Palmitate, Slica Silylate, Stearalkonius Hectorite, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Saccharin, BHT.

This has been a staple on my nightstand since I received it at Christmas. I have a horrible habit of pressing/rubbing my lips together all day which keeps them chapped year round. A night treatment is a necessity for me as a result and this does the trick. While it is similar to Vaseline, which I use during the day, I think it's a hair better. If anything it is a lovely scent. I didn't like at first that it felt like I was putting lip gloss on before bed but I quickly got used to it and it isn't such a foreign feeling anymore.

on 1/21/2017 10:14:00 PM

I received this as a gift so I can't really comment on the price, but it is my lip saver. I had cracked bleeding lips from dry Colorado winter & NOTHING was helping. I tried several kinds of chapstick & oils/lotion with no improvement. Within 2 days of using this my lips are better than ever. Nice scent, flavor & consistency. I will be using this forever & ever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Not my HG lip balm, but this is a lip balm that actually does work for me.

on 6/5/2016 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used to use this all of the time until I switched to vaseline. I didn't just use it at night when I slept, I also used it as a normal balm during the day. It has a nice vanilla smell and a consistency similar to vaseline and keeps you oh so moisturized. I would wake up with soft and plump lips. I ultimately switched over to vaseline since it is cheaper, lasts longer, and does the same thing. However, I would still recommend this to people

on 1/28/2016 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the balm based on all the raving reviews. Definitely didn't disappoint! The balm is a bit thicker than your typical balm but it still applies smoothly. It has a light vanilla scent and faintly sweet tasting. It does what it says and my lips do feel much softer in the morning. I also use less lip balm if I use this balm at night. I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a nice lip treatment, but I find that it feels more like a "gloss" than an intensive treatment. It's quite thick and will definitely stay put on your lips all night. I usually wake up with a film of it still on my lips in the morning after I've applied it the night before. I don't find that it particularly "heals" my lips or treats them in any way - it just acts as a barrier I guess. Overall, the scent is nice - a mild vanilla, and it feels pleasant on the lips - not sticky. I'll probably repurchase, although it's not an HG lip gloss/treatment for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

And so my beloved RoC Enydrial lip balm got reformulated into something that's a shadow of its former self...I ended up spending a good amount of time searching for a replacement. Finally decided to pick this up at a store I wouldn't even normally go in (oh, the smell). It's about $7 or $8 CAD which is fine by me if it works just as well as Enydrial in keeping my dry lips happy throughout the night. I don't particularly care for the slanted applicator but not enough to deter me. The product has a light, sugary scent but that doesn't linger.

And IT WORKS. First time I tried it, I applied a light layers to my lips at night and forgot all about dryness. Went to bed and woke up with lips still feeling moisturized. YES! It's just a bit tacky which probably helps the longevity. In any case, my lips are happy and all is right with the world again...

...until this gets reformulated. THAT better not happen. Ever.

on 11/13/2015 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thick and rich and just tacky enough to stay on your lips and work it's majic. I prefer this over aquaphor only because I think it's a richer product and I think it a better targeted treatment. I use at night but have reached for this during the day as well for a light coat and my lips look so healthy! Easily one of my HG purchases this year.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is awesome. A little goes a long way. It is pricey IMO (like $8 for a tiny tube) but it works VERY well.
I am a lip balm addict and for overnight chap relief I reach for this or aquaphor. I like this better than aquaphor because it smells great, feels nice, and really works. Aquaphor is a little sticky and thick, but works.
I usually stock up at BBW when they're having a sale (which is always).

on 7/21/2015 9:42:00 AM

I tried this for the first time last night and absolutely fell in love. For some reason this summer my lips have been so dry, and especially as an avid lipstick wearer, this has been a real problem.

This has a sticky texture but a really pleasant light scent. It absolutely makes sense to use as a night balm. It stayed on all night and only just wore off after I are breakfast. My lips are crazy smooth right now.

In terms of price, $7.50 falls between my drugstore favorites (Vaseline in that little tube for about $1.50) and any decent higher-end balm from places like Sephora. Huge, huge fan!

Popular Lip Treatments