Chanel Vitalumiere

Chanel Vitalumiere
VitalumiereChanel Vitalumiere in Limpide Nudechanel vitalumiere cendreVitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can see why this Chanel foundation is highly recommended! I get an airbrushed and glowing finish when I use this foundation. This foundation doesn't feel heavy at all. I like how I can build the foundation in layers and it doesn't get cakey at all. Though this foundation is expensive at about $55 cdn, I could see this foundation last me a year or more.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I cannot decide which foundation to use and I know that my skin is super dry and the outside temperature is about -8C or 18F then I will definitely reach out for this bad boy.

This is such a beautiful foundation that completely transforms your skin from dry, dull and lifeless to something more lively, gives subtle glow without being too much and somewhat brightening.

I am NC 20-25 and shade 20 works for me. It is a bit dark during the winter months but will match during the summer months.

The formula is liquidy and very easy to blend. I find that if I use a beauty sponge that it soaks the product a lot more. But then, I am also in love with the finish that a sponge gives. I am sure that better coverage can be achieved with a brush.

Overall, this is a beauty. It is very pricey but if you have the money to spend on makeup I will definitely recommend this foundation especially for dry flaky skin.

A must have!

on 3/7/2017 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Always works for my dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful luminous foundation that will give you a healthy glow while evening out skin tone, hydrating the skin and covering imperfections.

For my dry skin, this foundation was perfect. It did not emphasise any dry patches, it blended beautifully and stayed in place all day without requiring any touch ups. The foundation comes a elegant glass bottle and it the product smells lovely. The scent is not overpowering at all.

While I love this foundation for my dry skin, I would not repurchase this for two reasons. The first is the colour. Chanel are terrible for colour choices, there are only six light to medium shades in this line and all of them have a very pink undertone. I have a neutral to yellow undertone and even the lightest shade looked strange on me. Secondly, this foundation has a very sheer coverage and is not buildable, as someone with lot's of problem areas I do require a little more coverage which unfortunately this did not give. This does cover minor imperfections and it does a wonderful job of evening out skin tone.

Pros - dewy, blends effortlessly, long wearing, hydrating
Cons - limited colour selection, expensive, bulky packaging - not ideal for travelling

Overall I would definitely recommend this foundation to anyone with a dry, pink undertone in their skin with little to cover. This product is expensive at £38 but a little goes a long way. I was using mine for over a year before it ran out. If this product had a yellow undertone, I would absolutely repurchase

This is a great foundation for dry skin. Coverage is light. It gives you that glowy dewy J Lo look. It's quite a thin and runny foundation because it's so sheer. I wish this had more coverage because I have dry skin but acne and redness prone skin. I got it in the shade 20, however it's too dark for my nc20 skin. When I went back to the Chanel counter to have a look at the shade 10, it seemed to look even darker with a neutral undertone. I didn't have time to try the shades when I first bought it because I was in a hurry but all the shades do run really yellow which isn't a bad thing as a lot of brands only do pink/neutral with the odd yellow shade thrown in.

So overall, a lovely foundation for dry skin, just wish it had more coverage and staying power. Cost $89 AUD at Myer.

on 8/18/2016 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I definitely would recommend this foundation especially for dry sensative skin!!! The coverage is light to medium but it is buildable! It allows your skin to breathe as the texture is quite light and runny! I have mild eczema but my face is not tooo dry i just have some dry patches and so far this has been the only foundation that has worked for me! The only reason i dont give it a five is that there isn't a big variety for girls with deeper skin shades beyond a tan !!! I am a teacher and i wear one layer for a light coverage which covers my textured skin well! I always get compliments when i wear this to work or out. One thing people need to consider and learn about before judging this or any other foundation is whether it is oil silicone or water based!!!! Not many people know this and I see so many reviews saying this foundation melts or doesnt last etc!!! Pleas check if it is silicone or water or oil based and ensure you use the same primer!! For instance if it is silicone ensure you use a silicone based primer not oils!!!!! This foundation has dinethacone which means it is silicone based! However i do find you CAN wear a light moisturiser. But dont lather it like crazy !!!!

on 5/17/2016 8:29:00 PM

This was a good foundation but it was too expensive and it made my skin a little dry.

on 5/11/2016 9:56:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for as long as I can remember. It evens out my slightly freckly and pigmented skin, its light, buildable, slightly satin finish but not too much, it soaks in after few minutes to a less dewy look but not dry or heavy looking at all. I take the same foundation brush i use each morning to work with me and I rub it over my skin to touch up where it has slightly worn off by lunchtime, this stays put for the rest of the day. I like to play around with makeup and try other brands, I have tried Nars and Laura Mercier, neither would I recommend, I recently tried Clinique which dried my skin out and caused blemishes, so enough is enough, from now on I will stick to Chanel Vitaluminere.

on 5/4/2016 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If you are very pale this really is not the foundation for you. The lightest colour is very yellowy, it looks way to dark on me (I'm always the lightest), it is quite greasy looking on too - bit of a sweaty look than a glow. I have heard such great reviews but for me the colour (which I thought was ok in the shop) and the greasiness make it unwearable. Another almost full foundation ditched to the make up graveyard.

on 4/25/2016 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm doubting if I should repurchase this because I don't know if Chanel is cruelty-free.
The product itself is solid! I try to wear as less makeup as possible because of my sensitive skin, but if I have a bad complexion day, this is my go to, with instant and reliable effect.

pro:
- doesn't dry out my (dry) skin
- good blendability
- buildable
- natural finish

con:
- pricetag
- cruelty free?