Chanel Vitalumiere

Chanel Vitalumiere
VitalumiereChanel Vitalumiere in Limpide Nudechanel vitalumiere cendreVitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

This is a great foundation for dry skin. Coverage is light. It gives you that glowy dewy J Lo look. It's quite a thin and runny foundation because it's so sheer. I wish this had more coverage because I have dry skin but acne and redness prone skin. I got it in the shade 20, however it's too dark for my nc20 skin. When I went back to the Chanel counter to have a look at the shade 10, it seemed to look even darker with a neutral undertone. I didn't have time to try the shades when I first bought it because I was in a hurry but all the shades do run really yellow which isn't a bad thing as a lot of brands only do pink/neutral with the odd yellow shade thrown in.

So overall, a lovely foundation for dry skin, just wish it had more coverage and staying power. Cost $89 AUD at Myer.

on 8/18/2016 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I definitely would recommend this foundation especially for dry sensative skin!!! The coverage is light to medium but it is buildable! It allows your skin to breathe as the texture is quite light and runny! I have mild eczema but my face is not tooo dry i just have some dry patches and so far this has been the only foundation that has worked for me! The only reason i dont give it a five is that there isn't a big variety for girls with deeper skin shades beyond a tan !!! I am a teacher and i wear one layer for a light coverage which covers my textured skin well! I always get compliments when i wear this to work or out. One thing people need to consider and learn about before judging this or any other foundation is whether it is oil silicone or water based!!!! Not many people know this and I see so many reviews saying this foundation melts or doesnt last etc!!! Pleas check if it is silicone or water or oil based and ensure you use the same primer!! For instance if it is silicone ensure you use a silicone based primer not oils!!!!! This foundation has dinethacone which means it is silicone based! However i do find you CAN wear a light moisturiser. But dont lather it like crazy !!!!

To Read all 551 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/17/2016 8:29:00 PM

This was a good foundation but it was too expensive and it made my skin a little dry.

on 5/11/2016 9:56:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for as long as I can remember. It evens out my slightly freckly and pigmented skin, its light, buildable, slightly satin finish but not too much, it soaks in after few minutes to a less dewy look but not dry or heavy looking at all. I take the same foundation brush i use each morning to work with me and I rub it over my skin to touch up where it has slightly worn off by lunchtime, this stays put for the rest of the day. I like to play around with makeup and try other brands, I have tried Nars and Laura Mercier, neither would I recommend, I recently tried Clinique which dried my skin out and caused blemishes, so enough is enough, from now on I will stick to Chanel Vitaluminere.

on 5/4/2016 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If you are very pale this really is not the foundation for you. The lightest colour is very yellowy, it looks way to dark on me (I'm always the lightest), it is quite greasy looking on too - bit of a sweaty look than a glow. I have heard such great reviews but for me the colour (which I thought was ok in the shop) and the greasiness make it unwearable. Another almost full foundation ditched to the make up graveyard.

on 4/25/2016 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm doubting if I should repurchase this because I don't know if Chanel is cruelty-free.
The product itself is solid! I try to wear as less makeup as possible because of my sensitive skin, but if I have a bad complexion day, this is my go to, with instant and reliable effect.

pro:
- doesn't dry out my (dry) skin
- good blendability
- buildable
- natural finish

con:
- pricetag
- cruelty free?

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I adore this foundation, but as someone with oily skin it hates me and we're completely incompatible. I also found it slightly too yellow and oxidised on my skin.
If my complexion was drier and more yellow it'd be my dream foundation because applying it is an absolute joy. It also smells amazing. SADFACE.

on 3/20/2016 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This product is suitable for very dry skin because after few hours applying, your skin turns to glow. this product is oil base so did not recommend for oily skin type.

MY HOLYGRAIL FOR SURE! this foundation is amazing. It enhances my skin. Everytime I put this on, people would compliment my skin. It has light coverage not sure if it's buildable cos the texture is so runny but my skin doesn't need that much coverage since I rarely have pimples. I have combination skin you my T zone is pretty oily when I put this on. But overall this foundation is my best buy. It doesn't oxide on me 👏😊

ETA: Okay I can't help but feel the formula has changed or my skin has bleached itself a number of shades. I take the lightest shade which once upon a time matched my skin perfectly, now it is too dark, and turns orange after a while. It's also super oily now. Not the foundation I once loved. :(

Love this foundation but it's SOOOO expensive! :( I guess it is Chanel. As such, have asked this for Christmas so I don't have to buy it myself. I tend to use it on special occasions or when my tinted moisturiser is just not working for me that day so that it will last longer.

I use #10 Limpide and it matches my skin tone perfectly. Has great coverage that lasts and gives a beautiful dewy finish. I have tried other foundations but always end up coming back to this one.