Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance

3.9

(Aqua), Hydrogenated Didecene, Glycerin, Pvp, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Mica (Ci 77019), Cetyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, Glyceryl Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-25, Ceteth-25

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this primer because I wanted a glow and I have dehydrated sensitive skin. Although it dd not break me out it and did give me a slight glow. I really didn't see a difference in hydration, making the foundation last longer, or smoothing lines.

on 3/19/2016 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Not feeling the love that others do. My skin is mature, on the dry side, large pores...this felt too silconey under foundation, too gummy by itself. Too shiny by itself. I've used better, cheaper primers.

To Read all 102 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/6/2016 10:58:00 PM

Well, this certainly is a radiant primer. This gives a lovely wash of luminosity minus all the glitter flecks or obvious shimmer. It is quite nice as a base for another foundation and it does not fall into fine lines or overemphasize anything. I wish this were made with more natural ingredients as I am not apt to buy this otherwise, but I do have to admit that this product performs exactly as it says it does, which is rare. This does have a peachy tint that blends out on my fair skin when I rub it in, but I wonder if on darker skin tones this might pose a problem. This does not do anything in the way of moisturizing (although that is not an advertised feature), although perhaps if it had a few extra humectant ingredients this would perform even better.

on 2/17/2016 11:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This isn't a bad primer! I got a very, very generous sample of it from Sephora with an order and have been using it for a while, since, you know, it was free.

Most "radiant" or "dewy" primers I've used add a nice glow, but it doesn't show through once I put on foundation (and I wear sheer coverage, so there's no excuse). This does show through my foundation, which is nice - I prefer a dewy finish, so this is nice to use. It also keeps my makeup on all day, which is awesome.

My one bitch - this makes my pores look HUGE! So beware if you wanna cover up your pores.

This is a nice primer and worth the money if you like what it offers. I already have my HG primer, so I won't be repurchasing.

on 2/2/2016 6:49:00 AM

I bought this primer because it had a good review. Unfortunately I wasnt that impressed. It just made my skin break out even more. Dont see the difference that it gave me radiance after putting foundation and press powder on. With the primer alone, it look gross on my skin, it looks like i put 'tin lotion'or somethin on my face =S

I kinda regret this purchase

on 1/19/2016 10:48:00 AM

I purchased this product in the hopes that all of the 'hype' and ads were at least on par... well--I was TOTALLY wrong. 1st I did a test with this letting the product 'set'; that never happened... the 'feel' of this product on my skin was awful ... specifically it was tacky and made me feel as though I needed to scrub my skin to get it off. 2nd--while I only used a small amount, I can honestly say that this product made my skin break out ( I only know this bc I only used it on 1/2 of my face to compare it to Laura Gellar's Spackle ). Needless to say, my skin broke out on the half--literally--that I used this primer on... 3rd--this product is abhorrently expensive when you compare it to the effect it has on one's skin. I truly wish I could return the product but unfortunately, this product doesn't have the 'return if not satisfied' clause. So overall, it was a waste of money and mottled my already acne prone skin. I was incredibly disappointed esp bc mags everywhere give this rave reviews and tout it as "the best in the industry"--so not; if anything it is possibly the worst primer I have ever purchased and the amount of money I spent on this product makes my stomach turn over. I mean I am glad I tried it but I would never use this on a client--ever

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I think I received this as a gift from Sephora, maybe I got it with BI points? Anyway, I wasn't impressed. Maybe for people who wear a heavy foundation, this would be good, but I like sheer coverage so it made me way too shiny. It's not so much radiant as very shiny!

This primer did nothing for me and just felt like a weird moisturiser. Didn't make foundation easier to put on, didn't make it last longer and it's bloody expensive too! Not worth it.

on 12/24/2015 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is okay. it does give you a glow under your foundation but not much. it's more of a pinkish tone rather than gold and it might compliment you more if you're more cool toned than warm. I can still pull it off bc I'm neutral leaning more warm. it does accentuate my dry patches or flaky skin, so don't expect it to hydrate just add radiance.

I also bought it bc I was looking for a silicone free primer and this does not break my skin out.
I like it, not in love, wouldn't repurchase. I bought the travel size and does last a long time. it's basically a liquid illuminater. I will try her hydrating primer next.

on 12/21/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Meh. This primer is fine, nothing to write home about IMO.

I like that this doesn't have that old school silicone feel to it, so it gets points for modernization for sure. However, this isn't hydrating at all and I got no glow either. LM makes quite a few primers, most of which are better than this one.