Maybelline Mineral Power Foundation

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as setting powder. I am too cheap to go buy BareMinerals so when I see something "minerals" (ahem, Physicians Formula!) in DS makeup I always have to try it! This would have decent coverage alone but I like a full coverage look so use this w liquid foundation & some concealer, high light & contour & ur face will be flawless. That is all my routine. I apply it w a Morphe 19 brush coz it's bigger & softer more even coverage than the brush it comes with. Almost as a rule it seems like every applicator makeup comes w is pretty much a dud so having your own brushes & beauty blender are essential although I admit to using the eyeshadows sponge tipped applicators sometimes lol YMMV this is a very good powder but I like Physicians Formula better I guess in this case u pay for what u get, but if I am going to use setting powder I'll reach for Coty Airspun loose powder instead but the Maybelline but the Maybelline is really good too esp if you use an Ulta coupon $3.50 off $10 usually would make this a good deal!! Glad to see Maybelline offering a mineral makeup option at least! I won't pay for BareMinerals I refuse that stuff is entirely too expensive & Maybelline is more in my budget. This is a gr8 powder!! Very silky & fairly finely milled, I can list off other powders that are milled finer but this is a good product.

on 9/18/2013 11:12:00 PM

I love this product! I usually like bare minerals but my wallet not so much. What can i say? I'm cheap. It covers better than bare minerals although it is dryer. It's still the best foundation I have used. Liquid foundations actually make my skin appear dryer compared to this powder. I don't love the way it feels at first but after a few mins I don't even feel it anymore . My skin looks really great with it. I'm surprised more people haven't used this. The only reason it doesn't get a five is simply because of the dryness and my face isn't 100% flawless but I may need a miracle for that.

on 11/6/2011 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this in the "Light Ivory" shade. I am NC15. It has no pink at all and is very good at covering redness and contains SPF 18. It is best to apply to the face in sections as it dries fast. This product would not work well for anyone with dry, flaky skin but is good for oily-to-normal. I would rate it having medium-to-full coverage.

on 6/17/2012 2:50:00 PM

great product! no matter what liquid foundation i use, i always apply a very thin layer of this over the top to set it and prevent oiliness/shine.