NYX Matte Lipstick - Indie Flick

NYX Matte Lipstick - Indie Flick

3.7

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This colour is beautiful for warm or olive skin. I think if you have neutral or pink undertones, this colour could end up clashing with your skintone and make you look clownish. Definitely not a colour for the faint hearted because this stuff is neon bright, and you'll 100% stand out if you wear it. The formula of this isn't my favourite, it's comfortable to wear but I find the nyx matte lipsticks usually emphasize any lines on my lips, but because of the colours I overlook that. If you aren't a fan of the formula, Nyx has a soft matte lip cream in Morocco that is almost identical in colour to indie flick.

on 3/22/2016 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Even with exfoliating my lips and moisturizing this lipstick gets very cakey on my lips, I don't know if its me or its just my lips, I'm disappointment I want to throw it away. Before exfoliating and moisturizing it was worst but it got better but still not what I expected

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This color just didn't work for me unfortunately. Too neon orange. Think traffic cone. It looks good on some people but on me it looks like my organs are failing.

its a lil patchy and it does look like lady danger but id but ld over this because of the patchiness

on 11/28/2014 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Unusual color. For a bright, it's wearable and fun. I think it would be great for a simple eye or just with some black liner. I like the comfortable formula for a matte lipstick. Looking for that something different... and well this is a good choice!

on 11/12/2014 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Love the color, it's a very orangey-red, bright, bold, and flattering, I think, on my skin (I'm about an NC30). The consistency is great for a matte, obviously as with most mattes, your lips need to be in decent shape to pull it off, BUT not perfect as with some other formulas; it's a bit more forgiving as far as settling into cracks goes. It lasts a decent amount of time, maybe a few hours. (No lipstick has ever lasted all day on me, maybe just because of my skin, and this one is not an exception- but I don't hold that against it). It's also cheap. If you like the color, go for it, I reccomend it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

LOVE Nyx lipsticks! The only other lipstick I will purchase besides MAC. I use to love Wet n Wild for their reasonably priced lip colors, but now I'm in love with Nyx because they have such a bigger selection and awesome quality. I've tossed all my other lipsticks. And this Indie Flick with MAC sensational liner is statement making. I get compliments and people inquiring about it all the time.. It's a little drying, but what do you expect from a matte lipstick? Do a lip exfoliate and moisture and keep it moving! Must have for me! Definitely will repurchase!

on 6/3/2014 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this three days ago, and I have not touched another lipstick since! It's a great, bright-orangey red, reminiscent of the '40s, and is definitely not for the faint of heart. It's really a great colour -- this is my second lipstick from this line, and while I really love the colour of this one and my other one (Alabama), I am really more impressed by the formula of these lipsticks -- they are highly pigmented, very matte, and they have great staying power. How often is it that you can find a drugstore red lipstick that you can wear through a meal and come out looking fine? As everyone else has said, it's also a great dupe for MAC Lady Danger.

on 3/24/2014 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Practically the same matte color as MAC's Lady Danger! I love the color payoff and how it stays true to the color you see in the tube. HIGHLY pigmented, so it's more suited for those who like going for a bold lip look. I will say that it can be a bit drying, although it felt creamier when first applying it on (in comparison to Lady Danger, which applies on dry). It would be best to apply Indie Flick on lips that are moisturized so that it goes on smoothly and when lips are exfoliated to avoid having any lines or dry, flaky skin on the lips exposed. Overall, I would say this is completely worth it, especially if you're looking for a less pricey version of the MAC Lady Danger

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this color is amazing, goes on creamy and smooth even though it's a matte lipstick, and stays on forever. i love the entire line of nyx matte lipsticks and have a lot of colors, but this one stands out--it's not for everyone as the color is bright and unique, but i think it's fun and looks amazing with the right outfit.