Lancome Translucence Mattifying Silky Pressed Powder

Lancome Translucence Mattifying Silky Pressed Powder

4.3

Talc, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, PTFE, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Methicone, Diphenylsiloxyphenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77492/CI 77499/CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

I HATE THIS POWDER. Completely useless and does nothing for my face. They recently discontinued the loose powder and the guy at the Lancome counter convinced me that this was the same thing but differently packaged. The original loose powder came in three colors and gave my skin an even all over glow without feeling like I'm wearing a lot of makeup. The pressed powder comes in 5 different colors but there is literally no color from this compact. I have to rub my brush quite violently to get any product on my brush, and my face still looks like I've put nothing on. My compact is only a week old, and I'm thinking of just junking it and buying something else. The Laura Mercier loosed and pressed powders have been reviewed quite favorably, so I think I'm going to give it a try. I'll keep everyone posted.

on 9/8/2015 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of the best pressed powders I have ever used! It feels so silky and controls shine well, but doesn't look too cakey or matte (but it is matte).

To Read all 21 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I just repurchase this product reluctantly few days ago. Don't get me wrong, this IS a good quality, extremely silky, skin-alike press powder. It work best on top of your foundation, making my skin softly refined. The problem? Lancome didn't create enough shade like their foundation. I am in between shade 100 (the lightest) to 150. If possible, shade 125 would be ideal! Shade 150 is still slightly too darken while Shade 100 is obviously too white on me. I decide to get 150 again and use it around my cheek area. (While using a more brighter product on my T-zone for highlight).

If you can find a perfect color match, this is a highly recommended product. However... if you have dryer area, this powder WILL enhance the unwanted dry-patch. The sponge come with the compact is not useful at all, a soft brush is much preferred.

Two more things worthy to mention are... the coverage is very very sheer! If you need to re-apply your make-up during middle of the day to hide imperfection or redness, this doesn't help. Also, the price in Canada is still a little steep when you compare with USA price. Paula Begoun rated this 4 stars best product on her website if anyone care to know.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is OK, good color but still just OK. It does give a matt finish but in an 8 hour period I had to re-apply 3 times and for the price you could spend less at MAC and get their oil blotting powder that DOES control oil and shine. This powder just inst worth its weight in dollars.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This powder is quite good and is really mattifying, almost to the point of looking unnaturally and almost radiantly "made-up," especially right after it's applied. After several hours it takes on a more natural appearance. I consider it a very good product but am not sure if I would purchase it again. It was non-irritating to my skin, but is a little less low-key than I would prefer, upon initial application anyway.

This is a wonderfully silky pressed powder meant to set foundation or be used for touch-ups. It doesn't not have enough coverage to be used as powder foundation. The texture is very smooth and fine, but not overly powdery. I use this to set my Revlon Colorstay Whipped and they work amazingly together for oily skin. The lightest color, Ivoire 100, is a light neutral beige suitable for MAC NC/NW15-20.

on 5/9/2013 2:32:00 PM

Love it! I have searched for something to replace my old Estée Lauder matte powder after they changed the packaging several years ago. I was able to stick pile the old packaging ones on eBay, but eventually they ran out. I am on my second of these Lancôme powders and I can hands down say this is the best powder I have ever used! New HG!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this powder a few months ago to use as a contour shade for my super pale skin and I have liked it for that purpose. I bought it in the shade 550 Suede which is still a little bit warm for my complexion but 10x better than a regular bronzer. I really, really like how truly silky this powder is, it feels super luxurious. When I use up my regular setting powder, I think I will try this one for my whole face. The only things that I dislike about the powder is the packaging- though it is beautiful it is super bulky and takes up a massive chunk of space in my makeup bag for a little amount of product and....the pan fell out of the packaging and almost shattered which I believe another person complained about in their review. The product itself though is lovely and I really recommend it.

on 4/8/2013 9:46:00 PM

This magical powder, when combined with Tient Miracle foundation, makes my skin look incredible. What I mean is it even makes your skin look good when you are tired, and that is saying a lot. This powder smooths over the skin and does not settle into fine lines or pores. it has a very silky finish. It has no scent so it will not bother your nose or your skin. So far I have had no breakouts or irritations with this powder. If you have not had enough sleep (which is me, on a reg basis) this and the Tient Miracle are the stuff to use.

on 10/6/2012 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Based on the great reviews on this site - I had to give it a try. I just don't get the hype. I didn't even leave the house when I had to blot with my Mac Blot Powder. I am NC20 with oily skin and used Buff 200. It looked bad upon initial application - settled into every pore on my face. After 20 minutes and I was applying blot powder. Thru the course of my work day - it turned cakey and orange. I could not wait to wash this stuff off of my face. I know everyone is different - but this did not work for me - returned.