OPI Suzi Takes the Wheel

OPI - Suzi Takes the Wheel

4.4

on 6/30/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Suzi Takes The Wheel is a green toned grey polish which in some light it would turn to gray toned green. (Sound amazing!) Idk if i got a bad bottle or something, but mine is very runny and streaky. Even after putting on three thin coat the streakiness is still visible. The color is not unique but great, didn't make my hands look dull.

on 11/30/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This color is what I wanted Essie Sew Psyched to look like on me. I have cool-toned skin and Sew Psyched was far too warm. This dusty pewter-green creme polish is much more flattering. It's neutral but still interesting - my favorite kind of polish. Excellent formula and wear-time, as well.

on 1/28/2012 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Such a great gray colour. Was pretty much opaque with one coat and dried super quickly. So glad I bought this.

I freaking loved this 2011 Fall collection!
I have been waiting forever for OPI to make a:
medium murky sage green like this one,a good matte medium grey like French Quarter FYT, and a medium camo colored green like Uh Oh Roll Down The Window! They finally did it!
Now all we need is a real deep dark true gray creme!

Imo,Suzi Takes The Wheel, sorda reminds me a lil' of Zoya's Gemma base color(minus the flash of course)when its inside in darker lighting. I compare it to this cuz, its the only sage like green I have, besides Stranger Tides and that is just way too yellow and much lighter.
But, this one is a bad azz "darker murkier light sage greened gray."
Thats a weird and long description! I know...right! ;)

I bought this along with, French Quarter For Your Thoughts.
And I can say that, on my Irish PPP skin(that tans really great), STTW is most definitely not a gray.
STTW is actually a beautiful rocking "DIRTY SAGE like GREEN" Yay!

When swatching them next to each other.......
French Quarter For Your Thought is actually the "real gray one" and imo, FQFYT is actually the perfect medium Dolphin Grey ever!! :)

If you are looking for a great dark grey by OPI(since OPI does not have one yet.Though Sephora by OPI has one called Break A Leg Warmer)
Then I highly recommend trying Essie's Power Clutch. Its a killer dark gray. Plus, it has just a tinge of dark murky green to it....to keep it from looking black, while in inside lighting!

Now, STTW does look like a soft type of gray in the bottle.
But after my matte basecoat strengthener, 2 good medium coats of lacquer and a layer of Poshe Top Coat...this turns out to be such an awesome "dirty light sagey green."
Oh and also, heads up.
Both STTW and FQFYT do dry to be about 2 shades darker than their bottle color.
Also, when comparing to OPI's main formula, these two are a lil' more on the thinner side.( Though, I found that Uh Oh Roll Down The Window and RoadHouse Blues were both the thicker consistency original OPI formula).
These 2 reminded me of alot of Essie's formula. For instance, they are similar to Power Clutch.
But, just like Power Clutch.....they are perfect and it only takes 2 easy peasy coats to get a glossy opaque finish.
As with most of my OPI's, the wear time is awesome and last me about a week.

Very nice Fall 2011 shade! A light/medium grey. I took off one lippie as this shade had a tendency to create cuticle drag if not applied carefully. Opaque in 2 coats. I recommend!

Popular Polishes