Renee Rouleau Triple Berry Smoothing Peel

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Renee Rouleau Triple Berry Smoothing Peel

3.6

Not tested on animals

Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Puree, Water, Glycerin, Fragara Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit, L-Lactic Acid (3%), Salicylic Acid (2%), Xanthan Gum, Citrus Noblis (Mandarin Orange) Puree, Prunus Sertotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Citrus Paradisa (Grapefruit), Blueberry (Vaccinium Angustifolium) Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, L-Tartaric Acid, Wine Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil, L-Mandelic Acid, Bromelain, Benzyl Alcohol, L-Malic Acid, Citrus Noblis (Mandarin Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Sinensis var. Sanguina Oil, Lycopene, Punica Granatum Bark Extract.

I can't say this is a fair opinion by any standards since I've only used a sample of this product. Overall, it's okay. Smells really nice and really looks like berry/rapsberry jam especially with the real fruit bits in the product. It stung a little bit upon application but nothing major. I left it on for 10 minutes. My face does feel smoother after application but I won't recommend it for the following reasons (i) not very high concentration of acids, (ii) it's very expensive for what it is and since I don't live in the US, shipping is a tad ridiculous and (iii) it's packaged in a jar which I personally find not very hygienic. A similar product (similar price point and packaging and same idea) would be the Pumpkin Enzyme Peel by Peter Thomas Roth - I have it and while it's also not cheap, I find it's significantly more effective after one use. One good thing about this product though, is that I appreciate that the ingredients are good high quality ingredients. Makes me feel a tad better using it all over my face.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A very nice and gentle exfoliating mask I think! My skin is not sensitive and I barely feel it working. Gives glow and smooth skin, which is a big deal for me.

on 9/6/2012 10:17:00 AM

I got a sample of this. I found it okay but not great. I do not live in the US and shipping is too expensive. I wish Renee Rouleau would sell her products in other countries or at least stock her products with a large retailer like Sephora.

Nice product, but very overpriced. Maybe worth getting on sale. The MyChelle Fruit Fiesta Peel is nearly identical in performance and ingredients - and is only $25 to $28 depending on where you buy it. Renee Rouleau's color is deeper and it smells more like real fruit jam, but that is the only difference I noticed. A nice luxury product though, if that's what you're looking for.

This is such a luxury product and the only mask I ahve ever liked more than Fresh's Sugar Polish. It smells delicious and to die for like fruity jam which is what it looks like too as so many good for your skin ingredients. Plus has BHA and AHA to helps penetrate clogs/keep skin clear. It isn't too strong at all and I prefer it to the pumpkin peel. my skin just glows/feels like a million bucks after this peel which I do 1-2x a month as you dont need too more often. Also the effects really do last longer than any other peel I have bought before (Astara, Fresh, Juice Beauty) and best of all not irritants or breakout causers like all Renee's products. Yes it is pricey but so are so many other similar products yet this one stands out in quality to me. Also you don't need to use much or pile it on like a clay mask so it really does last quite some time. I only wish I hadnt just gotten in this skincare line as I missed the yearly 15% off everything in August, always my luck lol. Truly recommend one you settle in Renee Skincare to just top off the amazing results from everything else! :)