Garnier Color Shield Fortifying Shampoo

3.5

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Hexylene Glycol, Cocamide Mipa, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Salicylic Acid, Carbomer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Saccharum Officinarum Extract / Sugar Cane Extract / Extrait De Canne A Sucre, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/Grape Seed Oil, Amyl Cinnamal, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Methyl Cocoate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/Lemon Peel Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, CI 17200 / Red 33

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This does a good job at not stripping color, but I wouldn't recommend it if you have dry hair. I have oily hair that is styled in a pixie, so a slightly drying shampoo actually does my hair some good and will not show damage, as my ends are short anyway. It's cheap, I like the bright red bottle, and it has a really fruity smell that lingers on your hair. I would repurchase if I was on a budget and in need of color protection.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Nice fruity scent and leaves my hair smooth and clean. I just colored my hair a copper brown and was worried this would strip the color out, but shockingly it hasn't. I make to follow it with a hydrating conditioner. It gives good shine and you don't need to use a lot to get it to lather. I use a ton of styling products so this is good for giving my hair a nice clean when I need it. It is not something I would use daily since I cowash and use other gentle shampoos in between but it is affordable and easy to find.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

Makes my hair SHINY. But I think that's because it's removing all the build-up from styling products and what-have-you off my hair. This shampoo makes my hair squeaky-clean, and yes a little dried out and stripped as well. But I always follow with a good moisturizing conditioner (my favorites are Joico Moisture Recovery and Matrix Keratindose). The end results are that my hair looks incredibly smooth and glossy. This isn't something I would use all the time for fear that it might dry my hair out, but for an occasional added shine boost this is GOOD.

Love the strawberry scent too. Overall I like this shampoo a lot and I would buy it again.

I started using this after I bleached my hair from black to blonde. On a budget and so I decided to try it. Seems not to strip any color off. My hair seems to stay bright blonde till the next touch-up. The smell is wonderful and I even use the matching conditioner and it leaves my hair soft. It also doesn't dry out my hair. For reference I have thick long hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Nice shampoo, gets hair clean and soft and has an interesting scent. Candy-like. Pink opaque product, sudsy and rinses clean ready for the matching conditioner (or not depending on choice). Recommend!

need a good conditioner when using this. cleans it , but dries out the hair.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for a few months and for the first time ever, the lady who cuts my hair told me my hair felt really dry. I stopped using it (will go back to my Pantene moisturizing shampoo). It did make my hair feel clean but was way too drying. Don't recommend this one.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I purchased this shampoo after dyeing my hair with Garnier Nutrisse permanent hair colour. It definitely did help with colour retention, but eventually the colour faded. The reason I am giving this shampoo a low rating is because it completely dried out my ends. It dried them out so much that I had to chop off about 5 inches of hair today. My stylist ran her fingers through my hair and asked me if I was using a cheap drugstore shampoo because my hair doesn't physically appear damaged; it's just very, very crunchy. I will not repurchase this shampoo.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great shampoo cleaned my hair great...but it made my hair color fade not as much as other shampoos but still noticable enough . I wont buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This dried out my hair so badly. At first I thought it as my hair reacting to the dye but right after I switched shampoos my hair regained moisture and has not had any problems since then.