Kanebo Lunasol Water Gel Foundation

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this in winter and use YO03, which is super yellow. The coverage is fantastic and more than enough but if you try to build it, you can't. The gel texture somehow removes itself so if you add more over the top is sort of takes away the bottom layer. But as I say, a little goes a long way and this is certainly medium coverage to full. The finish is satin matte and beautiful. I've been wanting to revisit it and compare it to MUFE Face & Body. Reading babyslk7's review, I almost thought I was reading my own face story. Very similar and so I had a similar result but never found it to break me out. I used it very regularly during winter over invisible zinc or some other SPF. I also purchased it from adambeauty for $59 which was very pricey back then (I think this was 2012?) even NARS was around that price I think! I haven't looked but it may be avail cheaply on amazon now. I just saw Nanoce on there! Another mainstay of mine. The packaging I've rated 4 because it's an awesome sturdy squeeze tube and could only be improved with a pump IMO. If you are forever looking for yellow foundations, look no further. I'm about a NC25 in winter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This and Armani Luminous Silk is my current favorite foundation from 2014 until now 2016. I'm 34 and I have combo skin. I used to be oily and acne in my 20's. The finish is glowy with medium coverage. I use OC 03 and 04. Sometimes I put OC 03 underneath my eyes as concealer or on my nose only to highlight, it works!!! It also photographs great like Armani Silk. But if you are acne prone, be careful, don't use it too often. It has an acne causing ingredient, ONLY if you ARE ACNE PRONE. I'm very careful with makeup now. I never checked ingredients before, but since my acne is cured (Thanks to VIVANT skincare, google it), I'm always careful with makeup ingredients. Highly recommend this foundation, it's one of the best and I love the colors too. It's perfect for yellow undertones. Not just asian.

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

I have combination skin and unfortunately this made my skin like a greasy oil field in 2 to 3 hours.. Even after using primer and setting powder. Blotting paper won't help either. I really want to like this because the finish is so lovely, luminous skin-like semi matte. Coverage can be up to solid medium. Application is easy by using finger or brush. Hygienic convenient packaging. I'm NC 25-30 and OC03 is a good color match.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Ah, this is my HG foundation for summer! I just bought it in the spring and have been using it consistently for the past few months. I use OC04 [probably matches a Mac NC35-37]. The formula isn't too thin and spreads easily on the face. But you have to work quickly to apply as it dries down a bit fast. I think it provides medium coverage with one layer but is definitely buildable. I would avoid packing on the layers as I think it can become a bit cakey looking. I don't feel the need to powder because the finish is a bit satiny but still glowing. I only powder on very humid and muggy hot summer days.

The packaging is great, and although it is more expensive than I'd like, I will probably repurchase when I run out [that will probably be soon because my sister just started using it and she loves it! ahhh]. I will update this if my thoughts change on the application and usage during the fall season.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

first impression:
just bought it yesterday, oco3 which is neutral/natural colour for me.
i tried it on on one side of my face, and i LOVE IT! it is definitely what i could use for a casual hangout, since my dior is WAY too thick just for a casual hangout (i'd like to keep it simple and natural).
PROS:
1. lightweight, i can still feel my skin, like i dont actually feel like its heavy on my face :D
2. you only need to squeez TEEENNYY TINY BIT just actually cover your face, which is actually worth the price :)
3. it is actually buildable! it is a medium coverage
4. no fragrance (i dont really mind, but i really thought it would have in this one)

CONS:
so far... none really... :P

shall update after today's proper wearing :D

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I purchased this on a trip to Asia & didn't do any research on it prior.
Initially I thought this would be a sheer to medium coverage but after consistent use, I found it's more of a medium coverage but you can still see your own skin. It blends beautifully & gives my skin a natural mild dewy look, so it looks super natural. This foundation doesn't provide much concealing but it evens out my complexion. I do find my T-zone gets a little oily with this though but it has decent lasting power for my face, apart from my nose...nothing lasts on my nose though :(

I find using a dense foundation brush works wonder & really buffs the foundation into my skin. I use LY34 from Louis Young brushes.

The packaging is minimalistic in a squeeze tube with shiny bronze screw on cap. I do like the minimalistic packaging though. Ever since my nightmare Dior pumps which clogs up it's impossible to get the remaining product out of the glass bottle, I've been leaning towards simple packaging. This is definitely a repurchase for me & I can see myself using the entire bottle (which i never do!)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

(UPDATE 06/23/14): So I'm revisiting this foundation, mainly since my HG, Shiseido Sun Protection liquid has been reformulated and it's no longer mattifying whatsoever. I did reorder but in the shade Y02 which is a much better match for my skin. I will update after wearing this for at least a weeks. ORIGINAL REVIEW: Received this last week and I'm still not sure what to think. It was $59 from adambeauty.com and took about 10 days from the order date to delivery....which I thought was quite fast from Hong Kong. I ordered the shade YO3 (I'm a MAC C3). When I first dispensed some, I was alarmed at how dark it was. And even stippled on my face w/ my SK multi-dome synthetic, it still seemed a bit dark though passable. The oddest thing however was that as the day went on, it lightened. By noon, it was less dark and matched my complexion perfectly. By evening, however, it seemed to have disappeared. ??? However, my skin looked great. Definitely on the fence with this one but I didn't downgrade my rating. Not sure the high price tag is worth it? Also, I prefer my foundation to look great from the time I apply it until the time I remove it which is what Shiseido's Sun Protection liquid does.

I use OC03. I'm Asian with fair skin color (yellow base) I decided to choose a darker shade than my original color because the OC02 would make my face look too bright. However, OC03 doesn't make my skin look darker than normal at all. weird.. (it's up to any preferences though)

I really like how it cover my acne scars, not 100% but naturally covering. After application, there are some fade spots left to be seen. My face looks glow and bright with aura. And this look last all day long with few loose powder touching during the day. Another best thing is it's really light like I wear nothing on my face!!!

The application needed to be trained since it's a gel base so it dries quickly. Use sponge that comes with package is the easiest way.

I've been using this for a month, cannot live without it. But if you prefer something. more covering I would suggest "Impress" line.