Burt's Bees Pink Grapefruit Refreshing Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Pink Grapefruit Refreshing Lip Balm

4.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Not really impressed with this. Cute packaging and I love that it says they plant seeds for each balm purchased. Nice.. However, I am not here to talk about plants and seeds and trees and flowers and bees. LOL.. no. This is about the product itself.

This is at best just okay, in my humble opinion. I think this is "just fine" if your lips are already in decent shape and just want to maintain them. However, I think if you need some serious moisture or heavy duty repair, this will not help you. To me this is just one of those balms that feels too waxy to really do any good. And the smell turns me off. It is quite a strong scent, but then again, my nose can be sensitive to smells.

I think this might be good to use under a matte lipstick to keep the lips from drying out, that sort of thing. Or to keep already soft lips soft. But I just don't think this would be very moisturizing or reparative. The price is very affordable. But this one just is not for me. I will keep it and use it when my lips do not need any real moisturizing, but I won't repurchase. In fact this may go into the garbage, now that I am thinking of the scent again. I could overlook the scent if this made my lips really soft, but this pretty much does 'nothing' for me. Again, may be good for maintenance or as a balm under a lipstick, but I just think this is too waxy to really work any magic. I do see the ingredients have a lot of oils listed, but to me, for whatever reason, this just feels waxy, and that is about it. A stinky wax (to me).

Love this lipbalm!
It smells simillar to orange and i love the packaging cause its a chapstick :)
In indonesia its kind of expensive because i had to buy from a seller (pre order from US) i think this lipbalm doesn't have an expiry date
It really mosturizes my lips 👍🏻

To Read all 60 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/14/2015 6:05:00 AM

I LOVE THIS

This is a great lipbalm that has NO PETROCHEMICALS (like petroleum jelly) which is the best part about it. Love the beeswax, but be careful to not let it melt (no, it does not have the tendency to melt at random, every lipbalm will melt at high temperatures) because it does if you leave it too long in your pocket on a hot day.

I love the smell of this (it doesn't smell plasticky or artificial, seems pretty legit), BUT FAIL TO SEE HOW THIS IS "REFRESHING" IN ANY WAY. If you are looking for a refreshing lip balm, GO FOR THE ORIGINAL (it has a really cooling minty "flavour").

It was really moisturising, found that I didn't have to reapply every 10 seconds (like other balms). It has just the right amount of gloss and goes on clear.

Only other complaint is that the price is a little up the high end for a lipbalm, but it isn't really something to be complaining about for a quality product.

on 7/22/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I always tend to forget lip balms everywhere, so whenever i'm out and about and feel the need to moisturize I tend to simply buy a cheap one on the go. I picked up this one simply because the packaging was very cute, and I was interested in the smell. I tried it on, and since my first go with this product I have stuck with it. It's an amazing lip balm that both hydrates really well and smells amazing. Doesn't really taste all that much, but that's just a plus.

on 6/30/2015 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally love the grapefruit scent, but it may not be for everyone. This is SO moisturizing. It is one of my go-to summer chapsticks for the fresh scent and wonderful moisturization in the hot sun. The only thing that would make this better is if it had SPF.

on 3/20/2015 12:13:00 PM

I absolutely love this lip balm by Burt's Bees. The texture of this lip balm is soft, smooth, easy to push and spread compared to Burt's Bees original beeswax lip balm, which I always found a little difficult to apply because of its hard texture.

In terms of moisturization, this lip balm moisturizes extremely well without feeling greasy. It lasts several hours and leaves my lips soft and smooth after it dries. Not to mention that the grapefruit scent is heavenly - I absolutely love it. The peppermint scent from the original beeswax lip balm has always been a little harsh and prickly on my lips (and even makes my lips feel a little bit cold and chilly on winter days), so this pink grapefruit lip balm serves as a perfect alternative. Besides I couldn't resist the allure of the cute pink packaging... :)

Also... the smooth texture and the nice moisture makes this lip balm a great lipstick primer. This lip balm has earned a permanent spot in my makeup bag.

on 1/28/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lip balm, and I used it for a long time, but suddenly it started making my lips sore as if I'd been sucking on lemons. it does smell just like fresh grapefruit, which is awesome if you like grapefruit. It's a very acidic fruit so I guess that's why it started making my lips sore.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really love the product inside, but honestly, my only complaint is that the tube always gets lost and it rolls around too much! It's very lightweight and moisturizing, with a decadent sent of grapefruit! Love it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the way this smells...like a really fresh, natural grapefruit scent. The texture is also nice, but it makes my lips and tongue tingle. Maybe that's what they were going for with this, but I really don't enjoy that.

on 12/27/2014 11:08:00 PM

I loved the original mint burts bees lip balm, but however, i felt this one is lacking a little. I wish all burts bees lip balm included beeswax because this one was way too slippery and it doesnt feel as hydrating. Also, I feel a zesty tingle which is uncomfortable and it feels irritating. The packaging is really cute and pink and the smell is good. My hopes were high when I bought this but it just didn't live up to the original one. I'll be buying more Burts Bees lip balms but probably not this one.

Popular Lip Treatments