L'Oreal Mythic Oil

L'Oreal Mythic Oil

4.2

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONOL, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, PERSEA GRATISSIMA OIL (AVOCADO OIL), VITIS VINIFERA SEED OIL (GRAPESEED OIL), LIMONENE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, COURMARIN, LINALOOL, BUTYLPHENIL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, AMYL CINNAMAL, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, ISOEUGENOL, BENZYL BENZOATE, CINAMMYL ALCOHOL, CITRONELLOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE

on 6/17/2017 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this oil, amazingly it's non greasy and is one of the few products that can transform my dull, very dry hair into something shiny and manageable. It smells divine, is easy to apply I use it on the mid lengths and ends of dry hair after styling. I would recommend this to anyone. The only negative I have is the price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Great oil! I use this on my midshaft to ends as a heat protector pre on my fine oily scalp hair blow dryer (just a touch! ) I also like the hair milk which is nice for flyways on my fine straight hair post blow drying or days I let my hair air dry. they both smell wonderful and won't weight fine hair down as look as you use just a touch and absorb quickly. Price is very reasonable also.

on 11/26/2015 3:51:00 AM

I usually split my hair into 2 sections and use 1 pump on each section from below ear down.

A little bit sticky but thins out nicely if you warm up the oil by rubbing your palms. Makes hair shiny and smooth. Easier to comb and light fragrance.

I recently purchased a travel size of this at cvs to try to replace my Moroccanoil. It smells like a mix of biolage and flowers, simply lovely. It does a decent job of adding softness and shine to my hair bit I have to use quite a lot, and it's not as moisturizing as the Moroccanoil. The search continues!

on 3/21/2017 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've had this product for a long time and I go back and forth with using it. I apply it to my hair after it's blowdried and straightened if I find it looks a little damaged and/or could use more shine. It definitely has more moisture and feels more nourishing than other shine/repair serums I use (on dry hair specifically). The scent is nice, very light and a little floral/fresh but not overpowering. The price isn't bad when you factor in how big the bottle is and how little you need to use. Overall I find this is a handy product to have as it helps my hair when it needs a little bit of extra care but it's already styled and it's too late to go back in time and deep condition. Would repurchase.

I was a long time Morrocanoil user but after finally finishing my bottle I simply wasn't wowed by it enough to want to repurchase. Grabbed a travel size of this to try and am really quite impressed!
It's a little thicker, smells lovely and feels more nourishing than other oily type serums I've used. One pump is plenty for my chin length bob, and makes it easy to comb and less frizzy and flyaway when dry, giving a sleek but not flat look.
The price is definitely right, too, a 100ml bottle is less than AU30, whereas Morrocanoil is AU50 at least.
I'm hoping over time that this will prove more caring than MO, which I find mainly cosmetic.

on 8/14/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I ended up buying this from SleekHair since I couldn't find it at my local beauty supply. It smells very good to my nose and softens without making my hair lose any volume. It tames flyaways and adds great shine. I only need two pumps for my medium textured hair which is bra strap length now. My hair doesn't feel greasy at all. It is pricey but worth it. I hope to try the matching shampoo and conditioner soon to see how well they work on my hair; just a bit hard for me to find locally.

on 8/19/2015 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When I first used Mythic Oil, I loved how soft and detangled it made my wet hair. It smells good like gardenias too!

Alas! :( When my hair is dried and flat ironed, it leaves my hair in no better manageable condition than before. If anything, my ends feel crunchier and my hair dryer and much coarser than before. I mean, I have some serious breakage after switching to this oil for just two weeks.

I previously used Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil mixed with a dab of Garnier Fructis' Moroccan Oil. The Invisible Oil alone isn't siliconey enough to tame my crazy hair. The two products seem to be a magic combination for my super thick and frizzy hair. I was hoping to find one product that achieves the same results.

The search continues! :/

**edit...I meant Mythic Oil

on 10/22/2015 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I use this oil periodically but haven't noticed a drastic difference in my hair!! it does hydrate well though for the price (comparable to kerastase products which I have also tried before). I have a half a bottle left though and would probably not repurchase it (for my hair type there are other options as well like kerastase and caviar cc cream by alterna which I literally live on).

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My hair - fine (but lots of it!), coloured (natural dark blonde, dyed nearly black), and wavy, with a tendancy to go flat on top with a frizz halo (my nickname in highschool was "christmas tree hair"). I have a few long layers but anything other than that and my hair looks stringy. Anyways, I've tried so many different shampoos/conditioners and never really found anything I was happy with. I have access to a Cosmoprof so I mix between drugstore and salon brands. My most recent failure was Redken Frizz Dismiss line paired with Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil.

A few weeks ago, I had an Olaplex treatment done, and the stylist used Pureology Volume shampoo and conditioner, followed by L'Oreal Mythic Oil. I let my hair air dry while driving home and OMG the waves...the softness...amazing. I bought all 3 products last week and I'm really happy with them - a coworker commented that my hair looks fuller, so something must be working! I paid $22 CAD for a bottle at Cosmoprof (stylist price), but I would definitely pay retail.

Popular Styling Products