L.A. COLORS JUMBO EYE PENCIL

4.4

on 2/13/2018 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought these from Miss A Shop for $1.I have oily skin so I don't like using cream textured eyes products on my lids regardless of which brand it it. I mainly only intend to use these in the corner of my eyes and near the waterline to make my eyes pop. I was pleasantly surprised by how well they work. They glide on easily but dry down matte. Using them only on certain parts of my eye, I can say these are a good deal. I bought more colors to mix and match with my eye looks

on 8/10/2017 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this for a 1.50 in tropical bliss (purple )I love it great price goes on my old eyes smoothly I usually use liquid eyeliner but I thought for a 1.50 why not ? Definitely repurchasing this😊

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

They are very pretty and i got the black one. very pigment. glides nice. very affordable. that where it ends for me. the problem lays in the staying power and the fact it smears. ill stick with my rimmel london scandal eyes gel eyeliner.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have both this & NYX Milk. LAC is on par with NYX so no need to spend the extra $3-$4. If you find the pencil too soft place in the freezer for a short period or the fridge.Works like a charm to harden.They sale them at Dollar General & Family Dollar.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm seriously shocked at how much L.A. Colors has been stepping it up lately. They could be the next Wet 'n' Wild!!!

I have one shade- Seashells. And ladies and gentlemen, this is really the only shade you could ever need. I saw this shade and my mind just went directly to N.Y.X's Milk. Now Milk is definitely not expensive, but literally everyone and their mother is out to buy that shade because of its crazy cult following. So this is an even more inexpensive alternative if you can't find that dumb pencil.

I was excited to find this, and it was so cheap I wouldn't have cared if it wasn't that great, but I was really hoping I'd fall in love with it. Let's just say I was NOT disappointed. This is SO opaque. I mean this looks like you painted your eyes with whiteout, it's that bold of a white.

Works great as a base for eyeshadow, but I strongly suggest using a primer, and maybe even a translucent powder before putting on eyeshadow over it. This may be too many steps for some people, but it is definitely not a deal breaker for me. I use so many different shadows, brushes, and techniques when applying my eye makeup, it's really no big deal to add this extra little step, especially since it really makes all the difference. Sometimes without the translucent powder it can start to crease after a few hours. Like I said, if adding another layer seems too tedious for you, go for another white base, but it isn't a big deal for me. Especially since this shadow stick is so inexpensive and pigmented!

I would recommend this to everyone! I hope this is just the beginning of L.A. Colors venturing out and becoming a bigger, better brand. If the rest of their products to come are this good, I see bright things in their future!!!

I am only reviewing on the white (Sea Shells) ... I have hooded eyes and this color applied above my lash line makes my eyes pop! I use a primer, add the Sea Shells, then set it with some translucent powder. I then go in with the Naked/ Naked 2 palettes and do my crease, lining, etc. It stays all day! Yeah, I love it and it's cheap! I actually have UD 24/7 pencils but I always go for the Sea Shells :-) Paid 1.50 for it

on 6/18/2013 11:22:00 PM

These are AMAZING! I was roaming the dollar store and saw the jumbo pencils. (Note: I use Maybelline cream eyeliner or loreal) I picked up a white for the inner corners of my eyes. It was $1. I got home and immediatly loved it. It is so pigmented and smooth. I lined my eyes with it to see how it would stand up. I have very oily lids, and eyeliner never stays on my waterline. IT DID! WHITE! I obviously went and got the black one. I love these. L.A colors is stepping it up! I will be buying more to pot. (: love love love.

on 10/2/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Purchased Seashells (matte white) and Sunglasses (matte black) for 1.50 apiece at the Family Dollar Store. For of all, these are about 1/3 the cost of a NYX jumbo pencil and you get just as much. Second, there is a decent color selection but I just needed these 2. Third, this black DOESNT CREASE like the NYX Black Bean pencil does! I finally have a good black base for my darker looks!!! I am SUPER pleased with these!

The one con is these DO contain Petrolatum (thats what it says here on the label) and I know some people are sensetive to that. I am not one of them so I didn't dock a point for this.

on 9/1/2012 7:52:00 PM

I find these jumbo pencils an unsung hero of the makeup world. I hauled these from cherry culture and got almost every color for the price of a paint pot. For an eyeshadow base these cannot be beat for slip, color saturation, and price. Even on my semi-oily lids, the work just as good as the nars, urban decay, and nyx pencils. Love these...definitely worth a try.