L.A. COLORS JUMBO EYE PENCIL

L.A. COLORS JUMBO EYE PENCIL

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

I adore this in Seashell. I purchased NYX Milk over and over, for a nice base to make my shadows pop, and this does the same thing for about half the price. I only was able to find them at Five Below, but now my Family Dollar carries them so I hopefully won't run out! I don't like the plastic pencil thing, it is annoying both in NYX and LAC. I have depotted some but that is a pain, so I keep it in the pencil, and is easier for travel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have these in 3 colors, which I love. "sun kissed" which is a sparkly gold, "beach resort" which is a shimmery olive green, and "tropical bliss", a deep shimmery purple. They all gon smooth and bright, stay in place (which is surprising, I have very oily eyelids) and are easy to apply! Only a $ each, and I'm in love. The purple one especially striking on me. Reccomend to the ends of the earth.

on 8/4/2014 2:07:00 PM

I have several of these, they come in a ton of pretty colors, & I have Sea Shells (white), Cherry Blossom (metallic light neutral pink), Waves (metallic greyish blue), Tropical Bliss (metallic deep purple), & Bikini Time (duochrome metallic medium purple with blue shift). They're a great dupe for the NYX Jumbo pencils, however there are some differences. The one downside for me is that they have a scent to them, which I really don't understand why they would. I'm not a fan of smells, but since I usually use them on my eye area I'm not going to smell it so it doesn't really bother me. It's just that every once in awhile, I've actually used jumbo pencils on my lips-they can be used to change the hue of a lipcolor by making it more pastel or darker, or you can combine them with pigments or eyeshadows to make your own color. So unfortunately I can't really use them for that purpose. They have a softer, creamier texture than the jumbo pencils do, so that may be a good or bad thing depending on what your needs & wants are. I personally have never used these as actual eyeliners, so I can't really say how they work in that regard, I use them as eyeshadow bases most of the time, but I also use them by themselves. I don't think they would have very good staying power used on their own on bare skin, & I think they would definitely crease, but then so do the NYX jumbo pencils when used w/out any primers or by themselves. But I use a really great eye primer underneath, so they stay on & won't crease either by themselves or used as bases. I pay $2 each for them at a local Beauty Supply, & that seems to be about average, so they're definitely a cheaper alternative to the NYX ones. I'm going to assume that Sea Shells is probably the one most would likely to wonder about the most, as it's a non-metallic white like NYX's Milk is. And compared to Milk, I would say that Sea Shells is even a little more pigmented than Milk is.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this in the color pool party which is like a teal color. I am shocked at how pretty it was lined on my eye. It is very pigmented. Upper and lower lash. I applied a tiny bit of powder in the same color range over the top line and it didnt transfer to my lid. Amazed. I bought this yesterday and bought wet n wild one in a purple color today. this one needs no help where the other one will have to be worn with another liner to show up properly. I paid 1.50$ for it. I will be getting all the colors i can find next time. Well worth the money.

Edit: ok, so after using these twice all day at work, I have to change my review. When lined on the bottom lid, I had it smudged all under within 2 hours. It looked awful. The top line really did ok both times so maybe I just wont line the bottom anymore with it. I wont buy anymore but will try to use these up, they are very pretty colors.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have only Tryed the white on and I am impressed! Love the way it applys easily very well pigmented and cheap I yet need to try the other colors and it last all day long!

on 8/24/2013 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These are super pigmented, last long, and are great for wearing alone, as an eyeshadow base, or for lining your eyes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Wowie!! If you haven't tried these yet, def give them a shot! If you are a fan of the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils, then you will love these! I quickly feel in love and here's why...
~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LA Colors Jumbo Eye Pencils can be found in a few places. Luckily for me I can purchase mine at local Dollar General, Family Dollar & Five Below stores. Also can find these online on the LA Colors website & cherry culture websites. I use to have a hard time finding these but luckily my local stores are carrying many of these pencils. Whats amazing is the price. Super affordable & cheap! These only cost $1 but less than $2 purchasing online. So for a $1 these are a better deal than NYX since I can only buy those online.
~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
LA Colors Jumbo Pencils are a dead on dupe ot NYX. The formula is a thick cream shadow that works good alone or as a base for powder shadows to grab to that allows it to last & shadows to be more pigmented. These can also be used as a liner. These glide on easily & blend out w/out wiping away. Formula dries to an almost cream to powder finish. I use an eye primer first then these. Alone on days I am looking for a quick look & as a base for my d/s shadows that are less pigmented. They also can make different colors. These will last for 6-7 hrs before fading alone or as a base, my shadows stay over 8 hrs. They wear great. Those w/ more oily lids will have different wear time since its a cream product, the oils will break down the product quicker. My lids are normal to almost dry. Setting w/ a light dusting of powder will help as well. These do have a slight sweet scent to them on application but disappears. I can only smell it when close to nose. It doesn't bother me but it should be noted for those who are sensitive to scents. Does contain wax & parabens to those interested. Now onto my favorite part, the COLORS! LA Colors offers many colors to pick from. They don't have as many as NYX but enough for my liking that I saved some money. These are great basic colors but also some fun bright ones too. I've yet to collect them all but may someday. The colors I own so far are:
Seashells- basic matte flat white. This is probably my favorite. Great for any eye look, brightens eye area & cancels veins or discoloration. Can also be used on waterline. I also like to use this as a highlighter on brow bone, cupids bow & a little on top of cheekbones. Dupe of "Milk"
Saltwater- metallic silver w/ a silver shimmer throughout. Add demision to looks. Makes a great liner on lower lash line for those w/ brown or hazel eyes. Very unique color
Sandcastles- midtone brown cool taupe gray. Its not matte or metallic. Its gorgeous alone or as a base for browns, purples, & gray shadows. other than seashells, this is my favorite. Compared to "Iced Mocha" its more of a purple gray taupe then a bronze silver taupe.
Summerlove- deep bright cool hunter green w/ green shimmer throughout. Great as liner for a color pop!
Bikini time- mid tone duo chrome of purple violet blue w/ slight duo chrome reflective shimmer. Add dimension to looks or purple shadows & also a great lower lash line liner.
Tropical Bliss- a darkened violet purple w/ blue undertone. It has a sheen to it. A touch darker than Tropical bliss. Not matte or metallic. Its great to add under purples, pinks, blues & even browns or grays to make a taupe. This is great for my brown eyes. It makes them pop.
Sunglasses- flat matte true dark black. Very pigmented. Great for darkening looks or adding depth in outer v areas. Also can be smudged for runway looks. Also a great pigmented black liner! Dupe for "Black Bean"
~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~
LA Colors Jumbo Pencils come in a very similar pencil like NYX. Its made of a hard plastic that can be sharpened w/ the LA Colors sharpener that can also be bought for a $1 (a double sharpener, a standard & jumbo size) These can also be depotted if desired the same ways the NYX can. I haven't tried either yet since I like the convenience of the pencil but Ill update once I do, regarding which way is best for me. The chubby pencil is easy to handle & use. The pencil is black in color w/ a bottom piece colored like the pencil color. Easy to decipher which pencil is which. There is a clear plastic lid that fits onto pencil. W/ the lid, it fits w/out sipping off. White lettering w/ LA colors logo & product name. The ingredients are located on pencil. 0.13 oz or 3.8 grams of product compared to .18 oz/5 grams to NYX so you get a little less. The shade name is located on the pencil as well. Simple & sleek packaging. I like it. Its less messy than a white pencil. Will update once I have to sharpen/depot.
Overall, these are AMAZING cream shadow pencils. These are great dupes for NYX Jumbo pencils. The colors are different than NYX. I have been reaching for one of these daily. I can't wait to try out more colors. I have always been LA Colors biggest fan. The customer service is amazing! Super cheap & CRUELTY FREE makeup, i can't ask for more!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love these jumbo pencils. I own three of these so far. I have the white, black and taupe (seashells, sunglasses & sand castles) and they make great eyeshadow bases. Sometimes i don't wear primer and yet these don't crease like crazy on me. They've been really good to me. I love that the price is very affordable. I just wish the displays at the stores had more of the other colors. It's very limited. Also I've never tried the nyx jumbo pencils so I can't really do comparisons. I love these though and I recommend. Even if you end up not liking it you don't waste a lot. I can't wait to try more colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have this in cp 418 vacation it a maroon color with silver glitter in it but when blended out look more of a brown color.This is creases without a primer no surprise but because of the glitter that ends up covering your whole face by the end of the day i prefer the nyx jumbo pencils to these ones .The color did last all day so if you are looking for color nyx doesn't offer you an give it a try.

I picked up the black one and the white one (sea shells), and I absolutely love them! I use the black and the white one as eyeshadow bases and eyeliners for my bottom lids. I also use the white one in the corner of my eye. These pencils are versatile, cheap, and good quality! For a cheap brand of Make-up, these are amazing<3