L.A. COLORS JUMBO EYE PENCIL

L.A. COLORS JUMBO EYE PENCIL

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/3/2014 11:29:00 PM

Holy cow, I found these at my new Family Dollar for $1.83 each! Every so often you come across a dud that's been opened and broken, but when intact these are amazing. Compare the price to the NYX jumbo eye pencils which retail for $5 at my local CVS. Both are the exact same size, although I feel like the L.A. Colors pencil feels a bit heftier. I have the black shade which is called "Sunglasses" and use it on my lower waterline. I find that it doesn't really have a ton of staying power (but I have allergies, so I'm prone to really wet eyeballs), but neither does my NYX pencil in "Milk". I found that this goes on very smooth, very creamy. It doesn't make my eyes burn. I can build it up if the first pass isn't quite intense enough (here again, juicy eyeballs make it difficult). It lasts on my waterline for a couple of hours before fading, but it's a nice intense black.

I say if you've never used one, give it a try, especially get "Sea Shells" if you're having trouble getting your hands on NYX "Milk". They're cheap, so if you hate it, you aren't out much money.

on 2/7/2014 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this in seashells( white ) instead of the NYX jumbo pencils and was not disappointed!

PROS-
Creamy, Smooth
Opaque
Easy to apply (twist to sharpen)
Good highlighter/eye shadow base to make colours pop

CONS-
Packaging is cheap looking
Moves around easily because so creamy
Doesn't last all day but fairly well.

I would recommend as an alternative to NYX jumbo pencils if you are trying to save moola :)

on 10/2/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Purchased Seashells (matte white) and Sunglasses (matte black) for 1.50 apiece at the Family Dollar Store. For of all, these are about 1/3 the cost of a NYX jumbo pencil and you get just as much. Second, there is a decent color selection but I just needed these 2. Third, this black DOESNT CREASE like the NYX Black Bean pencil does! I finally have a good black base for my darker looks!!! I am SUPER pleased with these!

The one con is these DO contain Petrolatum (thats what it says here on the label) and I know some people are sensetive to that. I am not one of them so I didn't dock a point for this.

These just appeared at my local Family Dollar. I picked up the black & purple ones. I find them to be every bit as creamy, pigmented & blendable as NYX JP. Why is everyone complaining about them creasing? NYX creases, too...like crazy, but both are great as an e/s base. I actually find them less "greasy" than NYX, despite the fact they have petroleum (and so does NYX!) For $2, I will review them for what they are, not what they are not. They are smudgy, creamy shadow pencils which are perfect to apply and blend out on the lid, to enhance and intensify the powder shadow you place on top of them, which will help them set and last for hours. Oh, I also picked up the Sandcastles pencil. It is a gorgeous, rather complex color. It's a silvery taupe color with an old gold/greenish tinge. Very pretty under taupe, brown, or smoky green eyeshadows.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really do have this peencil stick in a sky blue- irredscent, and lucid and limpid tint light colour reflection eith a mirror finish, I just apply 4 times on each lid and I'm out to go, better than the powder and pallettes with the wand-like arrow shaped applcator, pros cheap and long lasting, cons, it appears lightere than the pencil stick shows