L.A. Colors JUMBO EYE PENCIL

Filtered by hair type : Other
L.A. Colors JUMBO EYE PENCIL

3.3

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have both this & NYX Milk. LAC is on par with NYX so no need to spend the extra $3-$4. If you find the pencil too soft place in the freezer for a short period or the fridge.Works like a charm to harden.They sale them at Dollar General & Family Dollar.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this in the color pool party which is like a teal color. I am shocked at how pretty it was lined on my eye. It is very pigmented. Upper and lower lash. I applied a tiny bit of powder in the same color range over the top line and it didnt transfer to my lid. Amazed. I bought this yesterday and bought wet n wild one in a purple color today. this one needs no help where the other one will have to be worn with another liner to show up properly. I paid 1.50$ for it. I will be getting all the colors i can find next time. Well worth the money.

Edit: ok, so after using these twice all day at work, I have to change my review. When lined on the bottom lid, I had it smudged all under within 2 hours. It looked awful. The top line really did ok both times so maybe I just wont line the bottom anymore with it. I wont buy anymore but will try to use these up, they are very pretty colors.

I have seashell in my constant rotation. I like to sharpen pencils like these (also NYX JEPs) w a bigger oversized Rimmel pencil sharpener. It wastes less product. That's how I sharpen my Nars matte lip crayons, just any pencil of that size works better in the bigger sharpener than the sharpeners that have the standard & slightly-bigger-than-standard-pencil hole. Seashell is a basic matte white dupe for NYX JEP Milk; it does tend to melt after a few hours on my extremely oily lids. Cannot beat the price! I picked up a couple other colors (names are escaping me at the moment but Pool Party which is a turquoise is one, but I haven't seriously played w them much!). As somebody whom is a serious white eye shadow collector, this is most def something worth buying. LA Colors is stepping up their game. Their eyeliner pencils are pretty good, their blushes/bronzer, nailpolish, lipstick, & ESP these JEPs are all great esp for the price. I've been budgeting myself more so I am glad that more brands are making affordable ("cheaper") makeup choices so all can afford to get some plus this is a cruelty free company. Yaay!! :)

on 10/22/2013 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I seriously don't see how anyone uses these as pencils. I have 3 of them, and on every single one, the tip will break with even the slightest pressure! I thought maybe I was just using too much pressure, but I have tried over and over again, and no matter what, they are so creamy that they break. I have NYX pencils and they do NOT do this! So it will be worth the little extra for me to get the NYX from now on. I did depot one of them, but that's so tedious to me, and I would really just prefer to use them as pencils.

I still rated it 2 stars because the price is amazing, and I love the 2 colors I got. I got 2 in the Sea Shells and one in a blue color. I don't see the name of the blue on my pencil, maybe I sharpened it off-but I think it may be Pool Party. It's a beautiful blue with glitter. It is perfect for my eyebrows for my Jem costume for Halloween. But unfortunately, I probably won't be purchasing these again.

on 3/5/2012 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I hauled this on cherryculture.com and got 10 at $1.50 a piece - bargain! They are super creamy and do crease unfortunately but the colors and pigmentation more than make up for it in my opinion. I think with a bit of eyeshadow base underneath and they'll stay nicely or set with a matching color eyeshadow. Despite the creasing I still like these especially for the price.

on 11/3/2011 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I found these at CherryCulture.com and have been wanting the UD shadow pencils for some time and thought these would fill the void til I could afford the real deal. Well, these are not even quite as good as NYX Jumbo pencils unfortunately. The colors look great and swatched some below. For $1.50 a piece, I bought 5 colors just in case they were HG material. They are very creamy...too creamy apparently since they crease and rub right off. 2nd ingredient is petroleum :( So guess will try them with primer first and see what happens but pretty disappointing so far.
Vacation- Blackened cherry with glitter
Cherry Blossom- Pearly pink
Tropical Bliss- Vibrant purple
Spring- Pearly golden green
Sea Shells- Matte White (dupe for NYX Milk?)

Full Size Image