L.A. Colors JUMBO EYE PENCIL

L.A. Colors JUMBO EYE PENCIL

4.5

on 8/10/2017 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this for a 1.50 in tropical bliss (purple )I love it great price goes on my old eyes smoothly I usually use liquid eyeliner but I thought for a 1.50 why not ? Definitely repurchasing this😊

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this in the color pool party which is like a teal color. I am shocked at how pretty it was lined on my eye. It is very pigmented. Upper and lower lash. I applied a tiny bit of powder in the same color range over the top line and it didnt transfer to my lid. Amazed. I bought this yesterday and bought wet n wild one in a purple color today. this one needs no help where the other one will have to be worn with another liner to show up properly. I paid 1.50$ for it. I will be getting all the colors i can find next time. Well worth the money.

Edit: ok, so after using these twice all day at work, I have to change my review. When lined on the bottom lid, I had it smudged all under within 2 hours. It looked awful. The top line really did ok both times so maybe I just wont line the bottom anymore with it. I wont buy anymore but will try to use these up, they are very pretty colors.

on 3/3/2014 11:29:00 PM

Holy cow, I found these at my new Family Dollar for $1.83 each! Every so often you come across a dud that's been opened and broken, but when intact these are amazing. Compare the price to the NYX jumbo eye pencils which retail for $5 at my local CVS. Both are the exact same size, although I feel like the L.A. Colors pencil feels a bit heftier. I have the black shade which is called "Sunglasses" and use it on my lower waterline. I find that it doesn't really have a ton of staying power (but I have allergies, so I'm prone to really wet eyeballs), but neither does my NYX pencil in "Milk". I found that this goes on very smooth, very creamy. It doesn't make my eyes burn. I can build it up if the first pass isn't quite intense enough (here again, juicy eyeballs make it difficult). It lasts on my waterline for a couple of hours before fading, but it's a nice intense black.

I say if you've never used one, give it a try, especially get "Sea Shells" if you're having trouble getting your hands on NYX "Milk". They're cheap, so if you hate it, you aren't out much money.

on 2/7/2014 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this in seashells( white ) instead of the NYX jumbo pencils and was not disappointed!

PROS-
Creamy, Smooth
Opaque
Easy to apply (twist to sharpen)
Good highlighter/eye shadow base to make colours pop

CONS-
Packaging is cheap looking
Moves around easily because so creamy
Doesn't last all day but fairly well.

I would recommend as an alternative to NYX jumbo pencils if you are trying to save moola :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have only Tryed the white on and I am impressed! Love the way it applys easily very well pigmented and cheap I yet need to try the other colors and it last all day long!

Omg i have four of these, seashells, tropical breeze (purple), saltwater, and sunglasses (black.)

the saltwater one is pretty much just a glitter pen, which I LOVE.

I love the black it's so thick and creamy when I feel like doing on my entire eyelid for scene eyes.

Tropical breeze isn't as thick as I wanted it to be, but purple eyeshadow fixes that.

and seashells is just like a white primer it's so awesome!!

the jumbo pencil's only fault is it crease's pretty easy, but rubbing your finger over once or twice take care of that. :)

For those of the high school girls that don't have a million dollars a month to spend on makeup- I love these. I wear the white one every day in my waterline as an eyeliner. These are so pigmented. by far my favorite eyeliner/ eyeshadow pencil of all time- for only 1.50 at my dollar general :)

on 6/18/2013 11:22:00 PM

These are AMAZING! I was roaming the dollar store and saw the jumbo pencils. (Note: I use Maybelline cream eyeliner or loreal) I picked up a white for the inner corners of my eyes. It was $1. I got home and immediatly loved it. It is so pigmented and smooth. I lined my eyes with it to see how it would stand up. I have very oily lids, and eyeliner never stays on my waterline. IT DID! WHITE! I obviously went and got the black one. I love these. L.A colors is stepping it up! I will be buying more to pot. (: love love love.

on 9/1/2012 7:52:00 PM

I find these jumbo pencils an unsung hero of the makeup world. I hauled these from cherry culture and got almost every color for the price of a paint pot. For an eyeshadow base these cannot be beat for slip, color saturation, and price. Even on my semi-oily lids, the work just as good as the nars, urban decay, and nyx pencils. Love these...definitely worth a try.

These just appeared at my local Family Dollar. I picked up the black & purple ones. I find them to be every bit as creamy, pigmented & blendable as NYX JP. Why is everyone complaining about them creasing? NYX creases, too...like crazy, but both are great as an e/s base. I actually find them less "greasy" than NYX, despite the fact they have petroleum (and so does NYX!) For $2, I will review them for what they are, not what they are not. They are smudgy, creamy shadow pencils which are perfect to apply and blend out on the lid, to enhance and intensify the powder shadow you place on top of them, which will help them set and last for hours. Oh, I also picked up the Sandcastles pencil. It is a gorgeous, rather complex color. It's a silvery taupe color with an old gold/greenish tinge. Very pretty under taupe, brown, or smoky green eyeshadows.