L.A. Colors JUMBO EYE PENCIL

3.9

on 2/13/2018 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought these from Miss A Shop for $1.I have oily skin so I don't like using cream textured eyes products on my lids regardless of which brand it it. I mainly only intend to use these in the corner of my eyes and near the waterline to make my eyes pop. I was pleasantly surprised by how well they work. They glide on easily but dry down matte. Using them only on certain parts of my eye, I can say these are a good deal. I bought more colors to mix and match with my eye looks

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

They are very pretty and i got the black one. very pigment. glides nice. very affordable. that where it ends for me. the problem lays in the staying power and the fact it smears. ill stick with my rimmel london scandal eyes gel eyeliner.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have both this & NYX Milk. LAC is on par with NYX so no need to spend the extra $3-$4. If you find the pencil too soft place in the freezer for a short period or the fridge.Works like a charm to harden.They sale them at Dollar General & Family Dollar.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this in the color pool party which is like a teal color. I am shocked at how pretty it was lined on my eye. It is very pigmented. Upper and lower lash. I applied a tiny bit of powder in the same color range over the top line and it didnt transfer to my lid. Amazed. I bought this yesterday and bought wet n wild one in a purple color today. this one needs no help where the other one will have to be worn with another liner to show up properly. I paid 1.50$ for it. I will be getting all the colors i can find next time. Well worth the money.

Edit: ok, so after using these twice all day at work, I have to change my review. When lined on the bottom lid, I had it smudged all under within 2 hours. It looked awful. The top line really did ok both times so maybe I just wont line the bottom anymore with it. I wont buy anymore but will try to use these up, they are very pretty colors.

on 3/3/2014 11:29:00 PM

Holy cow, I found these at my new Family Dollar for $1.83 each! Every so often you come across a dud that's been opened and broken, but when intact these are amazing. Compare the price to the NYX jumbo eye pencils which retail for $5 at my local CVS. Both are the exact same size, although I feel like the L.A. Colors pencil feels a bit heftier. I have the black shade which is called "Sunglasses" and use it on my lower waterline. I find that it doesn't really have a ton of staying power (but I have allergies, so I'm prone to really wet eyeballs), but neither does my NYX pencil in "Milk". I found that this goes on very smooth, very creamy. It doesn't make my eyes burn. I can build it up if the first pass isn't quite intense enough (here again, juicy eyeballs make it difficult). It lasts on my waterline for a couple of hours before fading, but it's a nice intense black.

I say if you've never used one, give it a try, especially get "Sea Shells" if you're having trouble getting your hands on NYX "Milk". They're cheap, so if you hate it, you aren't out much money.

on 2/7/2014 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this in seashells( white ) instead of the NYX jumbo pencils and was not disappointed!

PROS-
Creamy, Smooth
Opaque
Easy to apply (twist to sharpen)
Good highlighter/eye shadow base to make colours pop

CONS-
Packaging is cheap looking
Moves around easily because so creamy
Doesn't last all day but fairly well.

I would recommend as an alternative to NYX jumbo pencils if you are trying to save moola :)

I am only reviewing on the white (Sea Shells) ... I have hooded eyes and this color applied above my lash line makes my eyes pop! I use a primer, add the Sea Shells, then set it with some translucent powder. I then go in with the Naked/ Naked 2 palettes and do my crease, lining, etc. It stays all day! Yeah, I love it and it's cheap! I actually have UD 24/7 pencils but I always go for the Sea Shells :-) Paid 1.50 for it

on 6/18/2013 11:22:00 PM

These are AMAZING! I was roaming the dollar store and saw the jumbo pencils. (Note: I use Maybelline cream eyeliner or loreal) I picked up a white for the inner corners of my eyes. It was $1. I got home and immediatly loved it. It is so pigmented and smooth. I lined my eyes with it to see how it would stand up. I have very oily lids, and eyeliner never stays on my waterline. IT DID! WHITE! I obviously went and got the black one. I love these. L.A colors is stepping it up! I will be buying more to pot. (: love love love.

I actually can't believe the good reviews on this...this gives me panda eyes in about an hour and also gives me itchy/irritated eyes as well as little cysts on my eyelids. Will. Not. Repurchase.

on 10/2/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Purchased Seashells (matte white) and Sunglasses (matte black) for 1.50 apiece at the Family Dollar Store. For of all, these are about 1/3 the cost of a NYX jumbo pencil and you get just as much. Second, there is a decent color selection but I just needed these 2. Third, this black DOESNT CREASE like the NYX Black Bean pencil does! I finally have a good black base for my darker looks!!! I am SUPER pleased with these!

The one con is these DO contain Petrolatum (thats what it says here on the label) and I know some people are sensetive to that. I am not one of them so I didn't dock a point for this.