L.A. Colors JUMBO EYE PENCIL

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/4/2014 2:07:00 PM

I have several of these, they come in a ton of pretty colors, & I have Sea Shells (white), Cherry Blossom (metallic light neutral pink), Waves (metallic greyish blue), Tropical Bliss (metallic deep purple), & Bikini Time (duochrome metallic medium purple with blue shift). They're a great dupe for the NYX Jumbo pencils, however there are some differences. The one downside for me is that they have a scent to them, which I really don't understand why they would. I'm not a fan of smells, but since I usually use them on my eye area I'm not going to smell it so it doesn't really bother me. It's just that every once in awhile, I've actually used jumbo pencils on my lips-they can be used to change the hue of a lipcolor by making it more pastel or darker, or you can combine them with pigments or eyeshadows to make your own color. So unfortunately I can't really use them for that purpose. They have a softer, creamier texture than the jumbo pencils do, so that may be a good or bad thing depending on what your needs & wants are. I personally have never used these as actual eyeliners, so I can't really say how they work in that regard, I use them as eyeshadow bases most of the time, but I also use them by themselves. I don't think they would have very good staying power used on their own on bare skin, & I think they would definitely crease, but then so do the NYX jumbo pencils when used w/out any primers or by themselves. But I use a really great eye primer underneath, so they stay on & won't crease either by themselves or used as bases. I pay $2 each for them at a local Beauty Supply, & that seems to be about average, so they're definitely a cheaper alternative to the NYX ones. I'm going to assume that Sea Shells is probably the one most would likely to wonder about the most, as it's a non-metallic white like NYX's Milk is. And compared to Milk, I would say that Sea Shells is even a little more pigmented than Milk is.

on 11/3/2011 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I found these at CherryCulture.com and have been wanting the UD shadow pencils for some time and thought these would fill the void til I could afford the real deal. Well, these are not even quite as good as NYX Jumbo pencils unfortunately. The colors look great and swatched some below. For $1.50 a piece, I bought 5 colors just in case they were HG material. They are very creamy...too creamy apparently since they crease and rub right off. 2nd ingredient is petroleum :( So guess will try them with primer first and see what happens but pretty disappointing so far.
Vacation- Blackened cherry with glitter
Cherry Blossom- Pearly pink
Tropical Bliss- Vibrant purple
Spring- Pearly golden green
Sea Shells- Matte White (dupe for NYX Milk?)

Full Size Image