L.A. COLORS JUMBO EYE PENCIL

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
L.A. COLORS JUMBO EYE PENCIL

3.8

Jumbo Eye Pencil Color - Sea Shells (white) sealed (to avoid "testers" at retail level.) Application smooth / no tugging. Don't use on waterline. Inexpensive. Note: crayon would also make nice tool to have on hand for detailed Halloween makeup. Easy to remove and convenient to draw on faces.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have this is the black color. They are great hidden dupes for NYX jumbo eye pencil. Definitely set them with powder eyeshadow or they will crease/smear. I love lining my waterline with this as well. No complaints.

I was picking up some new l a colors color craze gel like polishes when I noticed these.I recently had a dream that I was wearing bold blue eye makeup, and for only 1.50,I thought why not.I got pool party, a bright medium blue with sparkles and a sparkly taupe shade (don't Rember the color name).the taupe one broke before I could finish the first eye (maybe it was the heat),so I threw it in the trash.I then lined my bottom eye lashes with pool party. Next I used it to color my eyelid and crease.very pretty color with a small bit of glitter. It made my blue eyes look almost aqua! I did not bother with primer and it looked slightly faded after a few hours, so I added some more .even took some selfies of myself wearing it,i liked it that much. Called it a night early, so I can't be sure how long it lasts.but it's totally worth a dollar fifty!

on 8/4/2014 2:07:00 PM

I have several of these, they come in a ton of pretty colors, & I have Sea Shells (white), Cherry Blossom (metallic light neutral pink), Waves (metallic greyish blue), Tropical Bliss (metallic deep purple), & Bikini Time (duochrome metallic medium purple with blue shift). They're a great dupe for the NYX Jumbo pencils, however there are some differences. The one downside for me is that they have a scent to them, which I really don't understand why they would. I'm not a fan of smells, but since I usually use them on my eye area I'm not going to smell it so it doesn't really bother me. It's just that every once in awhile, I've actually used jumbo pencils on my lips-they can be used to change the hue of a lipcolor by making it more pastel or darker, or you can combine them with pigments or eyeshadows to make your own color. So unfortunately I can't really use them for that purpose. They have a softer, creamier texture than the jumbo pencils do, so that may be a good or bad thing depending on what your needs & wants are. I personally have never used these as actual eyeliners, so I can't really say how they work in that regard, I use them as eyeshadow bases most of the time, but I also use them by themselves. I don't think they would have very good staying power used on their own on bare skin, & I think they would definitely crease, but then so do the NYX jumbo pencils when used w/out any primers or by themselves. But I use a really great eye primer underneath, so they stay on & won't crease either by themselves or used as bases. I pay $2 each for them at a local Beauty Supply, & that seems to be about average, so they're definitely a cheaper alternative to the NYX ones. I'm going to assume that Sea Shells is probably the one most would likely to wonder about the most, as it's a non-metallic white like NYX's Milk is. And compared to Milk, I would say that Sea Shells is even a little more pigmented than Milk is.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm seriously shocked at how much L.A. Colors has been stepping it up lately. They could be the next Wet 'n' Wild!!!

I have one shade- Seashells. And ladies and gentlemen, this is really the only shade you could ever need. I saw this shade and my mind just went directly to N.Y.X's Milk. Now Milk is definitely not expensive, but literally everyone and their mother is out to buy that shade because of its crazy cult following. So this is an even more inexpensive alternative if you can't find that dumb pencil.

I was excited to find this, and it was so cheap I wouldn't have cared if it wasn't that great, but I was really hoping I'd fall in love with it. Let's just say I was NOT disappointed. This is SO opaque. I mean this looks like you painted your eyes with whiteout, it's that bold of a white.

Works great as a base for eyeshadow, but I strongly suggest using a primer, and maybe even a translucent powder before putting on eyeshadow over it. This may be too many steps for some people, but it is definitely not a deal breaker for me. I use so many different shadows, brushes, and techniques when applying my eye makeup, it's really no big deal to add this extra little step, especially since it really makes all the difference. Sometimes without the translucent powder it can start to crease after a few hours. Like I said, if adding another layer seems too tedious for you, go for another white base, but it isn't a big deal for me. Especially since this shadow stick is so inexpensive and pigmented!

I would recommend this to everyone! I hope this is just the beginning of L.A. Colors venturing out and becoming a bigger, better brand. If the rest of their products to come are this good, I see bright things in their future!!!

I am only reviewing on the white (Sea Shells) ... I have hooded eyes and this color applied above my lash line makes my eyes pop! I use a primer, add the Sea Shells, then set it with some translucent powder. I then go in with the Naked/ Naked 2 palettes and do my crease, lining, etc. It stays all day! Yeah, I love it and it's cheap! I actually have UD 24/7 pencils but I always go for the Sea Shells :-) Paid 1.50 for it

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Wowie!! If you haven't tried these yet, def give them a shot! If you are a fan of the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils, then you will love these! I quickly feel in love and here's why...
~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LA Colors Jumbo Eye Pencils can be found in a few places. Luckily for me I can purchase mine at local Dollar General, Family Dollar & Five Below stores. Also can find these online on the LA Colors website & cherry culture websites. I use to have a hard time finding these but luckily my local stores are carrying many of these pencils. Whats amazing is the price. Super affordable & cheap! These only cost $1 but less than $2 purchasing online. So for a $1 these are a better deal than NYX since I can only buy those online.
~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
LA Colors Jumbo Pencils are a dead on dupe ot NYX. The formula is a thick cream shadow that works good alone or as a base for powder shadows to grab to that allows it to last & shadows to be more pigmented. These can also be used as a liner. These glide on easily & blend out w/out wiping away. Formula dries to an almost cream to powder finish. I use an eye primer first then these. Alone on days I am looking for a quick look & as a base for my d/s shadows that are less pigmented. They also can make different colors. These will last for 6-7 hrs before fading alone or as a base, my shadows stay over 8 hrs. They wear great. Those w/ more oily lids will have different wear time since its a cream product, the oils will break down the product quicker. My lids are normal to almost dry. Setting w/ a light dusting of powder will help as well. These do have a slight sweet scent to them on application but disappears. I can only smell it when close to nose. It doesn't bother me but it should be noted for those who are sensitive to scents. Does contain wax & parabens to those interested. Now onto my favorite part, the COLORS! LA Colors offers many colors to pick from. They don't have as many as NYX but enough for my liking that I saved some money. These are great basic colors but also some fun bright ones too. I've yet to collect them all but may someday. The colors I own so far are:
Seashells- basic matte flat white. This is probably my favorite. Great for any eye look, brightens eye area & cancels veins or discoloration. Can also be used on waterline. I also like to use this as a highlighter on brow bone, cupids bow & a little on top of cheekbones. Dupe of "Milk"
Saltwater- metallic silver w/ a silver shimmer throughout. Add demision to looks. Makes a great liner on lower lash line for those w/ brown or hazel eyes. Very unique color
Sandcastles- midtone brown cool taupe gray. Its not matte or metallic. Its gorgeous alone or as a base for browns, purples, & gray shadows. other than seashells, this is my favorite. Compared to "Iced Mocha" its more of a purple gray taupe then a bronze silver taupe.
Summerlove- deep bright cool hunter green w/ green shimmer throughout. Great as liner for a color pop!
Bikini time- mid tone duo chrome of purple violet blue w/ slight duo chrome reflective shimmer. Add dimension to looks or purple shadows & also a great lower lash line liner.
Tropical Bliss- a darkened violet purple w/ blue undertone. It has a sheen to it. A touch darker than Tropical bliss. Not matte or metallic. Its great to add under purples, pinks, blues & even browns or grays to make a taupe. This is great for my brown eyes. It makes them pop.
Sunglasses- flat matte true dark black. Very pigmented. Great for darkening looks or adding depth in outer v areas. Also can be smudged for runway looks. Also a great pigmented black liner! Dupe for "Black Bean"
~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~
LA Colors Jumbo Pencils come in a very similar pencil like NYX. Its made of a hard plastic that can be sharpened w/ the LA Colors sharpener that can also be bought for a $1 (a double sharpener, a standard & jumbo size) These can also be depotted if desired the same ways the NYX can. I haven't tried either yet since I like the convenience of the pencil but Ill update once I do, regarding which way is best for me. The chubby pencil is easy to handle & use. The pencil is black in color w/ a bottom piece colored like the pencil color. Easy to decipher which pencil is which. There is a clear plastic lid that fits onto pencil. W/ the lid, it fits w/out sipping off. White lettering w/ LA colors logo & product name. The ingredients are located on pencil. 0.13 oz or 3.8 grams of product compared to .18 oz/5 grams to NYX so you get a little less. The shade name is located on the pencil as well. Simple & sleek packaging. I like it. Its less messy than a white pencil. Will update once I have to sharpen/depot.
Overall, these are AMAZING cream shadow pencils. These are great dupes for NYX Jumbo pencils. The colors are different than NYX. I have been reaching for one of these daily. I can't wait to try out more colors. I have always been LA Colors biggest fan. The customer service is amazing! Super cheap & CRUELTY FREE makeup, i can't ask for more!!!

I actually can't believe the good reviews on this...this gives me panda eyes in about an hour and also gives me itchy/irritated eyes as well as little cysts on my eyelids. Will. Not. Repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I recently got one of these in Sunglasses (the black one) to see if they worked on my waterline. It was great!! I've been looking for another pencil for my waterline as the one I used was almost gone. I tried covergirl but it didn't stick at all which was very dissapointing for the price (around $6-$7), so when i saw this at 5 Below for only $2 i figured it was worth a try. I'm so glad i found this and will be purchasing more for sure!!

I picked up the black one and the white one (sea shells), and I absolutely love them! I use the black and the white one as eyeshadow bases and eyeliners for my bottom lids. I also use the white one in the corner of my eye. These pencils are versatile, cheap, and good quality! For a cheap brand of Make-up, these are amazing<3