L.A. Colors JUMBO EYE PENCIL

L.A. Colors JUMBO EYE PENCIL

4.1

on 8/10/2017 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this for a 1.50 in tropical bliss (purple )I love it great price goes on my old eyes smoothly I usually use liquid eyeliner but I thought for a 1.50 why not ? Definitely repurchasing this😊

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have this is the black color. They are great hidden dupes for NYX jumbo eye pencil. Definitely set them with powder eyeshadow or they will crease/smear. I love lining my waterline with this as well. No complaints.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have these in 3 colors, which I love. "sun kissed" which is a sparkly gold, "beach resort" which is a shimmery olive green, and "tropical bliss", a deep shimmery purple. They all gon smooth and bright, stay in place (which is surprising, I have very oily eyelids) and are easy to apply! Only a $ each, and I'm in love. The purple one especially striking on me. Reccomend to the ends of the earth.

on 8/12/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

These pencils are amazing! Nice pigment and smooth as silk. I wore pool party the other day over my entire lid (like a shadow) and I never had a hint in creasing.The color stayed put all day until night when I took it off with makeup remover! Bought these at Dollar General for 1.50 each. My only gripe is they keep running out of the colors that I want to add to my collection! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm seriously shocked at how much L.A. Colors has been stepping it up lately. They could be the next Wet 'n' Wild!!!

I have one shade- Seashells. And ladies and gentlemen, this is really the only shade you could ever need. I saw this shade and my mind just went directly to N.Y.X's Milk. Now Milk is definitely not expensive, but literally everyone and their mother is out to buy that shade because of its crazy cult following. So this is an even more inexpensive alternative if you can't find that dumb pencil.

I was excited to find this, and it was so cheap I wouldn't have cared if it wasn't that great, but I was really hoping I'd fall in love with it. Let's just say I was NOT disappointed. This is SO opaque. I mean this looks like you painted your eyes with whiteout, it's that bold of a white.

Works great as a base for eyeshadow, but I strongly suggest using a primer, and maybe even a translucent powder before putting on eyeshadow over it. This may be too many steps for some people, but it is definitely not a deal breaker for me. I use so many different shadows, brushes, and techniques when applying my eye makeup, it's really no big deal to add this extra little step, especially since it really makes all the difference. Sometimes without the translucent powder it can start to crease after a few hours. Like I said, if adding another layer seems too tedious for you, go for another white base, but it isn't a big deal for me. Especially since this shadow stick is so inexpensive and pigmented!

I would recommend this to everyone! I hope this is just the beginning of L.A. Colors venturing out and becoming a bigger, better brand. If the rest of their products to come are this good, I see bright things in their future!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have seashell in my constant rotation. I like to sharpen pencils like these (also NYX JEPs) w a bigger oversized Rimmel pencil sharpener. It wastes less product. That's how I sharpen my Nars matte lip crayons, just any pencil of that size works better in the bigger sharpener than the sharpeners that have the standard & slightly-bigger-than-standard-pencil hole. Seashell is a basic matte white dupe for NYX JEP Milk; it does tend to melt after a few hours on my extremely oily lids. Cannot beat the price! I picked up a couple other colors (names are escaping me at the moment but Pool Party which is a turquoise is one, but I haven't seriously played w them much!). As somebody whom is a serious white eye shadow collector, this is most def something worth buying. LA Colors is stepping up their game. Their eyeliner pencils are pretty good, their blushes/bronzer, nailpolish, lipstick, & ESP these JEPs are all great esp for the price. I've been budgeting myself more so I am glad that more brands are making affordable ("cheaper") makeup choices so all can afford to get some plus this is a cruelty free company. Yaay!! :)

on 2/7/2014 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this in seashells( white ) instead of the NYX jumbo pencils and was not disappointed!

PROS-
Creamy, Smooth
Opaque
Easy to apply (twist to sharpen)
Good highlighter/eye shadow base to make colours pop

CONS-
Packaging is cheap looking
Moves around easily because so creamy
Doesn't last all day but fairly well.

I would recommend as an alternative to NYX jumbo pencils if you are trying to save moola :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have only Tryed the white on and I am impressed! Love the way it applys easily very well pigmented and cheap I yet need to try the other colors and it last all day long!

Omg i have four of these, seashells, tropical breeze (purple), saltwater, and sunglasses (black.)

the saltwater one is pretty much just a glitter pen, which I LOVE.

I love the black it's so thick and creamy when I feel like doing on my entire eyelid for scene eyes.

Tropical breeze isn't as thick as I wanted it to be, but purple eyeshadow fixes that.

and seashells is just like a white primer it's so awesome!!

the jumbo pencil's only fault is it crease's pretty easy, but rubbing your finger over once or twice take care of that. :)

I am only reviewing on the white (Sea Shells) ... I have hooded eyes and this color applied above my lash line makes my eyes pop! I use a primer, add the Sea Shells, then set it with some translucent powder. I then go in with the Naked/ Naked 2 palettes and do my crease, lining, etc. It stays all day! Yeah, I love it and it's cheap! I actually have UD 24/7 pencils but I always go for the Sea Shells :-) Paid 1.50 for it