L.A. COLORS JUMBO EYE PENCIL

L.A. COLORS JUMBO EYE PENCIL

4.1

on 11/3/2011 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I found these at CherryCulture.com and have been wanting the UD shadow pencils for some time and thought these would fill the void til I could afford the real deal. Well, these are not even quite as good as NYX Jumbo pencils unfortunately. The colors look great and swatched some below. For $1.50 a piece, I bought 5 colors just in case they were HG material. They are very creamy...too creamy apparently since they crease and rub right off. 2nd ingredient is petroleum :( So guess will try them with primer first and see what happens but pretty disappointing so far.
Vacation- Blackened cherry with glitter
Cherry Blossom- Pearly pink
Tropical Bliss- Vibrant purple
Spring- Pearly golden green
Sea Shells- Matte White (dupe for NYX Milk?)

Full Size Image
continued >>

on 3/5/2012 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I hauled this on cherryculture.com and got 10 at $1.50 a piece - bargain! They are super creamy and do crease unfortunately but the colors and pigmentation more than make up for it in my opinion. I think with a bit of eyeshadow base underneath and they'll stay nicely or set with a matching color eyeshadow. Despite the creasing I still like these especially for the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really do have this peencil stick in a sky blue- irredscent, and lucid and limpid tint light colour reflection eith a mirror finish, I just apply 4 times on each lid and I'm out to go, better than the powder and pallettes with the wand-like arrow shaped applcator, pros cheap and long lasting, cons, it appears lightere than the pencil stick shows

These just appeared at my local Family Dollar. I picked up the black & purple ones. I find them to be every bit as creamy, pigmented & blendable as NYX JP. Why is everyone complaining about them creasing? NYX creases, too...like crazy, but both are great as an e/s base. I actually find them less "greasy" than NYX, despite the fact they have petroleum (and so does NYX!) For $2, I will review them for what they are, not what they are not. They are smudgy, creamy shadow pencils which are perfect to apply and blend out on the lid, to enhance and intensify the powder shadow you place on top of them, which will help them set and last for hours. Oh, I also picked up the Sandcastles pencil. It is a gorgeous, rather complex color. It's a silvery taupe color with an old gold/greenish tinge. Very pretty under taupe, brown, or smoky green eyeshadows.

on 8/3/2012 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

AMAZING pigmetation, Do not crease as much as nyx eye pencils and half the price what more could i ask for :))

on 9/1/2012 7:52:00 PM

I find these jumbo pencils an unsung hero of the makeup world. I hauled these from cherry culture and got almost every color for the price of a paint pot. For an eyeshadow base these cannot be beat for slip, color saturation, and price. Even on my semi-oily lids, the work just as good as the nars, urban decay, and nyx pencils. Love these...definitely worth a try.

on 10/2/2012 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Purchased Seashells (matte white) and Sunglasses (matte black) for 1.50 apiece at the Family Dollar Store. For of all, these are about 1/3 the cost of a NYX jumbo pencil and you get just as much. Second, there is a decent color selection but I just needed these 2. Third, this black DOESNT CREASE like the NYX Black Bean pencil does! I finally have a good black base for my darker looks!!! I am SUPER pleased with these!

The one con is these DO contain Petrolatum (thats what it says here on the label) and I know some people are sensetive to that. I am not one of them so I didn't dock a point for this.

I picked up the black one and the white one (sea shells), and I absolutely love them! I use the black and the white one as eyeshadow bases and eyeliners for my bottom lids. I also use the white one in the corner of my eye. These pencils are versatile, cheap, and good quality! For a cheap brand of Make-up, these are amazing<3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I recently got one of these in Sunglasses (the black one) to see if they worked on my waterline. It was great!! I've been looking for another pencil for my waterline as the one I used was almost gone. I tried covergirl but it didn't stick at all which was very dissapointing for the price (around $6-$7), so when i saw this at 5 Below for only $2 i figured it was worth a try. I'm so glad i found this and will be purchasing more for sure!!

I actually can't believe the good reviews on this...this gives me panda eyes in about an hour and also gives me itchy/irritated eyes as well as little cysts on my eyelids. Will. Not. Repurchase.