4.2

price range

Reviews

3.0

13 years ago

I first checked this out at the recommendation of a Sephora SA when finding out that my HG lip and cheek stain, Eyeko's Strawberry Fat Balm, was no longer available there. I have this in Cupid's Breath (a lovely warm soft red) & Liquid Kiss (more of a berry). First, the positives - this lasts all day as a soft blush. And it makes a great base to lip glosses, leaving a pretty stain when the gloss fades. But used alone on less-than-perfect and/or prone-to-dryness lips, & this will not only emphasize dryness, but will make them drier. Plus this is a bit pricy AND the packaging is a bit fragile...one drop on the floor cracked it open, making it useless. I'd buy this in Cupid's Breath again, just because the color works so well on me (I'm a GGG/MMM) but as much as I like this product, I don't think it's awesome enough to become a new HG product for me. UPDATE - Docking a lippie - in the same way as this emphasizes lip flaws, it also emphasizes cheek flaws. Unless your lips/cheeks are perfect.

About reviewer (417 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBlack

13 years ago

I use the lip and cheek gel stain every day. I have tried several different colors and found each to be nice. I use this mostly on my cheeks as a blush and it has great staying power. Just be sure to apply moisturizer/primer before applying to cheeks and it goes on smooth and natural and stays on, which is more than I can say for many of the other "stains" out there. Though I like the colors of Tarte stains and benetint, they do not stay on even half of the day! Great product, great colors, great staying power.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0
from

13 years ago

For a stain, this is a good product. I had several clients come running in and raving about it so I had to try it. I got "liquid kiss" which is a better-than-your-lips bitten brick color. It lasts about half a day on me, but I guess stains really aren't my thing so its going back to the store.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

13 years ago

These really do STAIN - it's not just a hint of tint...they are opaque enough to change the color of my lips. I find them superior to other stain cosmetics - same runny liquid consistency like Benefit's Benetint - stronger/bold pigments, longer lasting (won't melt off in the hottest weather), and more even color overall. It's very important to exfoliate the lips/skin prior to applying...and make sure the surface is dry to the touch. I swipe or dot the product on and quickly blend with my fingers or with a Q-tip. I have two colors: "Cupid's Breath" - a deep peachy red, and "Baby Boo" - a deep pink (almost fuschia). Both look great against my skintone on their own. For my lips, I like to layer on some gloss or bronzey lipcolors on top for extra shine/warmth. NOTE: The tube tends to leak from time to time...if toting this in your purse/pocket, wrap it in a small plastic bag to avoid accidental stains. UPDATE (08/02/08) -- I just tried the shade "My Sunshine" -- it's in the red family like Cupid's Breath, but I would recommend it for cool toned skin.

About reviewer (1072 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

13 years ago

This stuff is fantastic! It smells and tastes a bit like vanilla too. Everyone's already said how it's great, I agree, so buy it!! : )

About reviewer (305 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

13 years ago

I just bought this product today, but i already LOVE it. I purchased baby boo, and it is the EXACT color of my very pigmented lips. Anyway, the application can be a bit difficult, but as long as you blend, you will end up with a gorgeous, glowy flush. The color is almost a dark pink bordering on rosy...but i wouldnt quite call it red. More like the perfect mix of dark pink and red. It's not overwhelming at all, and it will compliment my light skin tone this winter! I think i have found my perfect cheek/lip stain. It beats tartes by a mile.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

HairBlond

EyesGreen

14 years ago

I LOVE this lip stain!! I purchased it in Cupid's Breath, which is not as orangey as it looks on some website pictures. It's the perfect color to go with my auburn hair & hazel eyes. It also goes on very smoothly and is easy to blend without streaking, unlike BeneTint. I don't like using stains as blushes so I only use it on my lips, but I'll always have this stuff with me!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

HairRed

EyesHazel

14 years ago

I am a lip stain junkie, and this is my HG for now. Use it in Baby Boo and simply adore it. The color is perfect and the coverage is EXTREMELY buildable! It dries fast but not TOO fast, so you have time to blend it in. It smells like whipped cream - A+++ in my book! I have a feeling one tube is going to last me ages, which is great because it's a little expensive. The packaging is wonderful - the tube actually FEELS nice, the applicator is perfect, and you can actually see how much is left in the tube.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

from

14 years ago

Love Longo and love these cheek stains. If I use cheek stains I like to keep the cheeks almost makeup free, and these dry nice and matte, almost blending into your skin like a real flush from a workout or suntan. Last very well, colors are impeccable.

About reviewer (862 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

14 years ago

Wow, after Benetint, Tarte, etc etc I finally found my HG gel stain. let me say first, that the word gel put me off, as I tend to find liquid stains longer lasting than gel stains. Tarte was sticky, and only lasted 6 hours. This lasts alllllll day, and only a dot is needed, easy to blend, natural looking, etc etc. Almost like my other HG but discontinued L'oreal Pinch of Color. I have this in Baby Boo (too much like benetint and fuschia colored for me) and Liquid Kiss and Cupid's Breath. Honestly, on my yellow undertoned light skin, I don't notice much of a difference between Liquid Kiss and Cupid's Breath...both are reddish tints. Love love love.

About reviewer (108 reviews)

Age19-24