MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish in Sun Power

No Image

4.8

on 8/10/2018 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this! My best friend gifted this to me and even though it's a skinfinish powder, Sun Power makes a terrific "sun-kissed" blush.

MAC products are pigmented and this is no exception. The shade reads as a natural, bronze-y red-orange with a finish inbetween matte and satin. What I like to do is swirl my blush in the pan and then swirl the excess onto my arm before applying it to my face. Even though I use this as a blush, the powder is lightweight and finely milled, avoiding cakeface and has a second-skin finish. Really natural, and inimitable with other products.

on 5/12/2016 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this bronzer. It provides thee right amount of warmth when used appropriately! Put too much on and you could end up orange. I use it as a contour/blush primer then I put a sheer dusting of blush on top. It can most definitely be worn alone too. A little pricey, but I love it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

NC42 MAC/honey in Bobbi Brown/ 60 mat velvet Makeup Forever
Indian oily skin

A little dab on the cheeks and it gives a healthy orangeish glow. You need very little product really so i see this making itself useful for years to come. Contour with MAC deep bronzer and stick to nudes/browns in makeup. I wouldnt go pink with the rest of my makeup when wearing this.

on 10/17/2014 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The powder is way too orange for me to use as a setting powder on my skin.

I bought this solely to use to adjust my foundations that lack the warmth my skin requires for a natural, non-ashy look. This does the job without caking up my foundation with a tonne of extra product.

I think it is a must for women of deeper skin who have this issue sometimes.

It of course has all the unique characteristics of msf natural powders. Does what I want but a bit pricey.. Seldom used so will last a long time. All in all its worth it.

on 10/17/2014 1:41:00 PM

love this product. ..i have yellowish south east asian skin..and this bronzer just work properly on my skin tone

on 2/24/2014 12:55:00 AM

Ah...Sun Power. Let me start by saying I am NC30/40 ~ NW25/30...yes, pretty much neutral. I love Sun Power for days I want a heavier contour or rather when I want my contour to show purposely. I also have Give Me Sun, which is nice but sometimes I find it too subtle for contouring on me. I'll wear that when I'm going to the grocery store or lounging at home.

Sun Power may be scary looking in the pan as it's almost orange/red. Do not let that fool you, as once on the skin it's a beautiful bold terracotta shade. It completely adds warmth to the face. I use my MAC 109 contour brush and buff it into the areas I want contoured. I will depending on my mood/ outing add a highlighter on the cheeks as well as a blush on my apples. Prism goes very well with this bronzer as the 2 together give me a super bronzed look.

I've never had any problems with this wearing all day, it doesn't have any noticeable glitter as it has more of a sheen. So therefore, it's not a "flat" bronzer but rather gives dimension to the skin.

I also love to use it as my transition color when doing my eye shadow. It looks beautiful with saddle or brown script or embark on top blended into it for your darker outer crease color. Some Orb on the lid or Naked pigment and you have a nice neutral eye with pop to it.

I don't think it would suit very fair gals out there, as it may pull more orange, but try Give Me Sun instead.

Overall, love this bronzer, will repurchase. Costs $30 @ MAC and worth every cent :)

on 8/21/2012 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This bronzer is amazing. I'm NW45 but I still needed a little color during the summer. I always shied away from bronzers because as a woman of color I was always told that I didn't need more 'color'. I've finally seen the light. I used my girlfriends MSF in Give Me Sun and it did ok...I had to really build it up to get the full effect. I decided to go a bit darker and picked this bronzer up. Sun Power is a deep rich terracotta color. Not a lot of sparkle and not overly orange or to brown. Just perfect. It doesn't take a lot to get a beautiful rich application. I'm so used to sparkly bronzers and assumed that this wouldn't give me the pop I wanted. But it did and man what a difference. It gives my face depth and color instead of flat sparkly glitter. This works perfect in the morning when I'm rushing and just need to some color and don't have time to do a full face. I apply using the 3 method with my MAC167SH for a soft application and blend. This is what a bronzer is supposed to do!

Update: Even though I love the rich color of this bronzer my friends told me I had heavy face orangyness going on. I still wear this but buff it out a lot and then use setting/finishing pwder to tone it down. Not happy about it. I think I will check out Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer in #08 next

on 7/9/2012 7:06:00 AM

This is such a wonderful bronzer, im surprised there are less reviews on this. im actually a nc35, and im fair MEDUIM skin, not to dark nor too light, and this bronzer is so pigmented, if your looking for bronzer this is the one, it has terrecotta brownish colour,its a very warm bronzer.
id say darker complextions wear this all over, but some people use this as contour. at first i was going to get rimmel natural bronzer which everyone was raving about on youtube, but as soon as swotched it, it had no colour, a bronzer is meant to be pigmented and warm toned, and sun power ticks all the boxes. i use this to contour and it warms up my face. you do not have to be dark skintone to have this, if you love warm bronzers and love contouring you'll love this.

[indian skintones, asian, ebony, will pull this off very nicely, also if you have a tan in summer.]

i don't reccomend this for very pale skintones/ , and if you are of light complextion this will look red brown on you. however it depends what you like, but thats my opinion.

on 2/22/2012 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

AMMMMMMMMMMAZING! Saw it on the MAC MA at Nordstroms and she just looked so flawless, she raved about this product,and here I am doing the same, it really is that good. I like it to add a bit of contour or warmth to the skin its just gorgeous especially for women with warmer complexions. I am really cannot stop gushing about it, I have nothing in my makeup stash like it! Give it a try

Love using this as a bronzer, or as a blush. You get a lot of product, and I can't see myself ever running out!