Aveeno Active Naturals Smart Essentials Daily Nourishing Moisturizer SPF 30

Aveeno Active Naturals Smart Essentials Daily Nourishing Moisturizer SPF 30
Active Naturals Smart Essentials Daily Nourishing Moisturizer SPF 30

3.3

Avobenzone (3% Sunscreen), Homosalate (12% Sunscreen), Octisalate (5% Sunscreen), Octocrylene (1.7% Sunscreen), Oxybenzone (3% Sunscreen) Water, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Candelilla/Jojoba/Rice Bran Polyglyceryl 3 Esters, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Fragrance, Chlorphenesin, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cellulose Gum, Sodium PCA, Urea, Cetyl Hydoxyethylcellulose, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Stearyl Lactylate, Artemisia Abrotanum Extract (Flower/Leaf/Stem), Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Polyquaternium 51, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid

on 3/8/2017 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love how this makes my skin look. It looks dewy and I feel like it has improved my skin over time. I have gotten compliments that I looked fresh faced and flawless on more than one occasion while only wearing this, which is crazy! The SPF is good, it's moisturizing, but not greasy. I have combo skin. I use a pump and a half, because dermatologists say people don't wear enough sunscreen, so better safe than sorry IMO. The bottle lasts a long time, the price is good, it smells nice, makes a good base for foundation, doesn't clog pores, and makes my skin soft and radiant. If you find it takes awhile to absorb, try patting it into your skin after you rub it in. That helps. Overall, it's a really good product that I plan to repurchase and would recommend highly for anyone looking for a good daytime moisturizer with effective SPF.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So lightweight, leaves my skin super soft with a matte finish. Provides a good SPF for daily use when you're not at the pool or spending too much time outside. Doesn't cause any breakouts. It does take a while to absorb but once it does there are no issues at all. Perfect day time moisturizer.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was needing a good dailyface moisturizer with SPF. I really wanted to try cetaphil, but it was too darn expensive. I was at Kmart getting some things, and saw this on clearance for $7. I grabbed it. After 2 weeks of use, I do see a vast improvement in my skin, no greasy after feel, great balance of moisture for my combo-sensitive skin.. The scent doesn't bug me, plus it's so faint, and once I put my makeup on...it's giving me a great smooth face. The SPF really is a great bonus on my porcelain, sensitive skin. I already went back & took the remaining 4 bottles on the clearance rack. I'm stocked for a while!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This might become my HG 'everyday' sunscreen. I took away one lippy because the UVA protection could be a bit better (it only protects against one type of UVA but not the other). Other than that, it's a 5-star product for me. Sunscreen and moisturizer are very individual things, and this one just works for me. It provides the right amount of moisturization, the right SPF, and the right "finish." I love the texture, which I can't say about most other sunscreens I've tried. It feels amazing when I apply it. It doesn't roll up or look too greasy, it just leaves a nice glow. My skin itself has improved since I switched from a Cetaphil SPF to this one. It has a faint scent, which I normally avoid, but it hasn't caused any problems so far (and I do kinda like the smell). I like the packaging, too, because it's a 2oz since (can be carried on in your liquids bag when traveling) and it keeps the product sanitary. The only downside is the price - unless I have a coupon or something, this is actually more expensive ounce for ounce than DermaDoctor's Ain't Miss Behavin' SPF 30. I actually think this particular Aveeno product is better, so I will keep stocking up when there's an Ulta coupon going around. I'm hoping other stores will start to stock this, too...I'm very nervous that they might discontinue it, as it's not widely available where I live.

on 7/11/2015 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I personally really liked this product.I have oily and acne- prone skin, and this doesn't break me out and it is oil free. It does have a bit of a dewy finish, but then again i don't like to go super matte since it looks unnatural. The stuff smells really nice and i like how the packaging had a pump which makes it easier for me to get the product. I got the product for about 12 bucks at Walmart which i think is definitely overpriced, so that is a downside. But all in all its a really great product.

on 4/30/2015 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Good sun protection but I can't get over the fragrance in it, it's way too much for me. I found it felt really greasy as well and the feeling didn't really subside until I rinsed it off at night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love it. It really sinks into my skin, leaving it well moisturized without feeling sticky, greasy, or leaving a film-like texture behind. It also doesn't break me out which is always an issue for me.

on 10/15/2014 8:43:00 PM

This is a really great moisturizer for a fair price. You pay about ten dollars or more for 2.5 fl. oz. and the moisturizer comes in a cylindrical bottle with a yellow cap. Aveeno is known for their "natural" aim, so it does look earthy. This product claims to be oil-free, hypoallergenic, and noncomedogenic. I do not have particularly sensitive skin, so I do not react to it. It is think and creamy and smells nice. It has never caused any acne problems and I appreciate that it is SPF 30 because a lot of daily moisturizers have low SPFs. Aveeno has other daily SPF moisturizers, but those are more expensive. I've used the other one in the beige bottle with the green cap, but it didn't smell very good. I prefer this one because the smell is bearable, but it is a rather sweet scent. It reminds me of a flower.I do not like that you don't know when the bottle will be out. I can't tell if it's heavy because of the weight of the packaging or the actual product inside the bottle. I bought this months and months ago, use it everyday, and I don't think I am even close to being done with it. You really don't need much to cover your entire face. I think that the SPF causes it to sometimes not work as well because I do have dry patches some days that cannot be fixed with this. I have to just add a mega moisturizer on top. Before applying makeup or primer, make sure that this feels dry on your face. If not, it might cause pilling, which is really annoying. All in all, this is a great moisturizer for the price.

on 8/16/2014 10:34:00 PM

My skin gets rather sensative and dry, so I ALWAYS have to use some sort of moisturizer before I put on makeup. My daily routine is to wash my face, pat it dry with a towel and within a few minutes put this moisturizer on. I understand that in order for sunscreen to be the most effective, a decent amount needs to be applied. However, when using this lotion, I make sure to use about half a pump otherwise it's overwhelming. I can see why some people said it was greasy, they may have been using too much.

After applying, I make sure I wait a few minutes before applying makeup. I'll usually get dressed or pluck my eyebrows, waiting for it to sink in.

Pros: Smell isn't overpowering
Very moisturizering
Travels nicely (i.e. doesn't explode everywhere)
Lasts for months
SPF 30

Cons:
A full pump provides too much product
A little pricey

I haven't had this product long enough to say if it's my holy grail. But I can give you the bad and good of this product.
PROS:
great moisturizer
it has an amazing smell that isn't overpowering
sunscreen SPF 30
gentle
CONS:
maybe a little too greasy
you have to wait awhile for it sink into your skin
not meant really for oily skin

I do like this lotion and it is apart of my skin routine. I've only had it for a week or two but I'm sure when the month is over I'll either love it or come to hate it. I probably will repurchase. Not sure yet. But it is a great product and I do recommend.