Garnier Dark Spot Corrector

Garnier Dark Spot Corrector

3.3

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Ascorbic Acid (Pure Vitamin C), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cyclohexasiloxane, Potassium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Sodium Styrene/MA Copolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Alcohol, Benzylsalicylate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Carbomer, Citral, Retinol, Citrus Medica Limonum Extract/Lemon Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Gentiana Lutea Extract/Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Geraniol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Arbutin, Limonene, Linalool, Nylon-12, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Salicylic Acid, Sodium, Anisate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance

on 1/11/2017 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had some pretty bad acne scaring on my chin from the obvious pimple picking. I saw this product on the shelves and went online to makeup alley to see the reviews. there was a lot of mixed reviews but I eventually decided to try it. I do not regret it one bit!! although it took a while for my scars to actually lighten up, it still did exactly what it said it would do! my scars are almost invisible :) I just repurchased this today! I gave this a 4/5 because it did take quite some time for my acne scars to go away. 2/5 for the price because when I first bought this product it was around $7 and in the aluminum packaging and when I bought it today it was $21 but I got it on sale for $15.... pricey... but still a good product :)

on 2/26/2016 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I am so surprised by this product, because Paula's Choice totally ranted about it but it's worked so wonderfully for me.
I use the white-yellow tube one and have to say this really boosts the healing of dark spots and redness of my face. The AHA and Vitamin C amount in it is big enough to make a difference yet small enough not to irritate the skin.
However, I wouldn't recommend wearing this during day time unless wearing a high SPF around 30-50 since the ingredients will damage the face when in sunlight. I wear it only at night as a SERUM and put a cream on top since I'm dry.
To point out, I have sensitive-dry skin, yet the fragrance in it didn't irritate my face.

on 1/13/2015 11:58:00 PM

This is just awful. It has the worst smell ever and leaves your skin so gross feeling. I couldn't use it consistently enough to see if it even worked as a spot treatment because of the feeling and smell. I am so mad I spent money on this. The serum is just as bad. This also caused me an awful awful breakout.

on 7/4/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really love this product. It has made my skin soft and even toned. In the morning I wake up with refreshed skin and very moist. I am also noticing an improvement in my skin tone and sun damaged spots. The only complaint I have is the fragrance. It definitely could be improved! However, I probably will repurchase because this works so well.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

At first, I didn't think this product would work. I have hyperpigmentation and acne scarring, and all other correcting products have failed me. But I'm glad that I gave this a shot. I paid $14 or $15 for 1.7 oz at Target, which is good considering that it was more effective than other dark spot correctors that are high end and more expensive, but that still does seem a bit steep for a drug store brand.

I didn't like the product at first. I had expected results much sooner and was displeased by its smell, so I stopped using it and put it away. A few months later I found it and decided to give it another shot, and found that I like it. The formula is like a serum; it's thin but not too thin, and absorbs onto the skin very easily. Because of its serum qualities, a little bit goes a very long way, and using too much can make me look oily. This goes away quite quickly. It is also very hydrating, and I'll also use it as a daily moisturizer sometimes. Usually I'll use it twice a day under a sunscreen. It took me about 2 to 3 weeks to see noticeable results. My acne scarring was definitely lighter.

Unfortunately, I hate the packaging. I bought mine about a year ago, and it comes in a weird metal (alumimum?) tube that makes product somewhat difficult to squeeze out after it's about half empty. Maybe the newer ones have different or plastic packaging? Also, the product sometimes dries around and in the tip of the nozzle, into a weird, dark rubbery substance that I sometimes accidentally apply on my face. It's not a horrible con, but make sure to clean the tip after each use. Another really huge problem with this is the scent. It smells like plants, but is very chemical and artificial smelling. Almost like a bad, "nature-y" air freshener. When it dries, it has an odd metallic scent that is very offputting.

It's an okay product. I like and will continue to use it for the most part. It's nothing special, but it works. If I manage to find anything better, I probably wouldn't repurchase. But until there is an alternative, I'll probably get it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm 17, and the whole teenage spots thing didn't go great for me, I ended up picking post of the time leaving me with scarring on my cheeks that are now dark marks. The worst however, is on my chin where I used to constantly get spots, and yup, pick them so my entire chin area is literally full of dark marks.

Previous to this I've used some products - clinique products, nomarks cream and lemon. I tried lemon in the hope that it would work; I mean its a natural product with no added extra stuff and it's acidic/ a natural bleacher. All it did was sting my face everytime I applied it for two weeks and nothing else.

So I came across this online, and realised my mum has had it for a while in her draw. I've been using it for a few days now, around 4 days and I'm not impressed nor disappointed. It says four weeks for results on the tube and I know these things take time to work so I'm willing to wait it out. The moisturizing quality is fantastic though, for me, as my face is dry in areas such as my forehead and chin but this has really hydrated me and given a glow. Nothing's happened for dark marks yet, but here's hoping...

Update:

Used this for nine days an whilst one side of my face was calm and slowly getting better, I began breaking out on the other and the creams oily texture didnt help. Now using vicco turmeric cream so hopefully I find results with that.

on 9/14/2014 5:45:00 PM

I've been using this for about 45 days now....twice daily and no noticeable lightening on spots. I apply it first and follow with 75 SPF. Too bad, wished it worked!

on 9/24/2014 7:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love this!!! After 3 weeks my face is 75% better than it was--it really works if you keep using it. I use it just before bedtime-- love it--the discoloration is almost all gone on my face--in the morning I use the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Sun-Damage Moisture Lotion SPF 28 -- this really works--just give it time~~

on 10/5/2014 8:53:00 AM

I had been using this consistently for 3 months without results and swapped to a high end moisturiser (Dior - for moisturising needs) then went back when that ran out and still nothing.

In terms of consistency, it's like a thin gel like and goes on light which I prefer since I'm on the oiler side. But it does leave a slight sticky feeling and does not moisturise at all. Packaging is ok since its in a tube so you can control the amount to disperse but I don't like anything in aluminium type tubes generally. Overall, I wouldn't mind all this if it did work as it claimed. It was a waste of time and money.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely love this product. I bought this in hopes of getting rid of my hyper pigmentation/acne scars, and it does so very well. It really lightens them up which is great! I would say if you are a person who is not big on scents not to try this as the scent is quite strong. I use this by applying it on the areas I need them at night.