Garnier Dark Spot Corrector

Garnier Dark Spot Corrector

3.2

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Ascorbic Acid (Pure Vitamin C), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cyclohexasiloxane, Potassium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Sodium Styrene/MA Copolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Alcohol, Benzylsalicylate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Carbomer, Citral, Retinol, Citrus Medica Limonum Extract/Lemon Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Gentiana Lutea Extract/Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Geraniol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Arbutin, Limonene, Linalool, Nylon-12, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Salicylic Acid, Sodium, Anisate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance

on 1/23/2018 9:49:00 PM

This moisturizer has legit tanning cream in it, that's why it looks like it's erasing dark spots because it's tanning your whole face.
I left it in my cupboard for ages and opened it some of the cream had come out and was starting to dry in the lid. It was like chocolate colour, just like what tanning cream does when out in the open.
If you smell it you can smell a hint of the tanning moisturizer smell that they can't seem to get rid of.

I just got this product around 2 weeks ago. I was a bit desperate for a product that would brighten my acne scars. At the time I was looking for rose hip oil because I heard many positive claims that, it would brighten the skin . Sadly though the store didn't sale the product so I ended up with this product instead. Some of the previous reviews on this website claim that it heals ur acne scars, but in a slow process. Within those reviews I completely agree with them. I've notice the product does does heal your acne scars, but mind you it really is a slow process. Which in my opinion is a down side, but at least it works. Also when I first opened the tube, I noticed the substance of the product had some glitters which confused me. It gave me the impression that this product was makeup and not a corrector, but I gave it a try anyways and it didn't break me out. Now for the appearance of the product, it seems rather alrighty and acceptable. The scent though seems a bit to strong. If your a person who's sensitive with strong scents then I don't think this product is for you. Overall the summary of this product is.... Pros: - heals acne scars - didn't break me out -the packing was decent Cons: -the healing process for acne scars take awhile - glittery within the substance was off putting, but can be ignorable -strong scent perfume scent ( don't try this if ur sensitive to scents ) Overall I will update this post if anything good or bad happens. Thank you for taking the time to read this long review...here's a cookie 🍪

on 12/14/2017 4:41:00 PM

My husband read a tweet regarding this product and since I have a noticeable dark spot on my cheek, he thought I should try it. I was of course skeptical. I have used Murad in the past and even that one didn't do anything so needless to say, it didn't do anything.
It is not very expensive so I can't really complain. And it absorbe (I think is dries up) quickly. You would need to use a moisturizer on top since it is not very moisturizing.
I think at this point only medical grade or laser will cure my dark spot.

I had to edit my packaging. At some point it seemed like the tube is empty almost. Very hard to get stuff out. But I was skeptic. I cut it open and really half of the product was sitting in there which I empties in a pot. These tubes are great but if the product is not watery enough it just doesn't flow.

on 1/11/2017 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had some pretty bad acne scaring on my chin from the obvious pimple picking. I saw this product on the shelves and went online to makeup alley to see the reviews. there was a lot of mixed reviews but I eventually decided to try it. I do not regret it one bit!! although it took a while for my scars to actually lighten up, it still did exactly what it said it would do! my scars are almost invisible :) I just repurchased this today! I gave this a 4/5 because it did take quite some time for my acne scars to go away. 2/5 for the price because when I first bought this product it was around $7 and in the aluminum packaging and when I bought it today it was $21 but I got it on sale for $15.... pricey... but still a good product :)

on 2/26/2016 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I am so surprised by this product, because Paula's Choice totally ranted about it but it's worked so wonderfully for me.
I use the white-yellow tube one and have to say this really boosts the healing of dark spots and redness of my face. The AHA and Vitamin C amount in it is big enough to make a difference yet small enough not to irritate the skin.
However, I wouldn't recommend wearing this during day time unless wearing a high SPF around 30-50 since the ingredients will damage the face when in sunlight. I wear it only at night as a SERUM and put a cream on top since I'm dry.
To point out, I have sensitive-dry skin, yet the fragrance in it didn't irritate my face.

on 7/4/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really love this product. It has made my skin soft and even toned. In the morning I wake up with refreshed skin and very moist. I am also noticing an improvement in my skin tone and sun damaged spots. The only complaint I have is the fragrance. It definitely could be improved! However, I probably will repurchase because this works so well.

on 1/13/2015 11:58:00 PM

This is just awful. It has the worst smell ever and leaves your skin so gross feeling. I couldn't use it consistently enough to see if it even worked as a spot treatment because of the feeling and smell. I am so mad I spent money on this. The serum is just as bad. This also caused me an awful awful breakout.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm 17, and the whole teenage spots thing didn't go great for me, I ended up picking post of the time leaving me with scarring on my cheeks that are now dark marks. The worst however, is on my chin where I used to constantly get spots, and yup, pick them so my entire chin area is literally full of dark marks.

Previous to this I've used some products - clinique products, nomarks cream and lemon. I tried lemon in the hope that it would work; I mean its a natural product with no added extra stuff and it's acidic/ a natural bleacher. All it did was sting my face everytime I applied it for two weeks and nothing else.

So I came across this online, and realised my mum has had it for a while in her draw. I've been using it for a few days now, around 4 days and I'm not impressed nor disappointed. It says four weeks for results on the tube and I know these things take time to work so I'm willing to wait it out. The moisturizing quality is fantastic though, for me, as my face is dry in areas such as my forehead and chin but this has really hydrated me and given a glow. Nothing's happened for dark marks yet, but here's hoping...

Update:

Used this for nine days an whilst one side of my face was calm and slowly getting better, I began breaking out on the other and the creams oily texture didnt help. Now using vicco turmeric cream so hopefully I find results with that.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

At first, I didn't think this product would work. I have hyperpigmentation and acne scarring, and all other correcting products have failed me. But I'm glad that I gave this a shot. I paid $14 or $15 for 1.7 oz at Target, which is good considering that it was more effective than other dark spot correctors that are high end and more expensive, but that still does seem a bit steep for a drug store brand.

I didn't like the product at first. I had expected results much sooner and was displeased by its smell, so I stopped using it and put it away. A few months later I found it and decided to give it another shot, and found that I like it. The formula is like a serum; it's thin but not too thin, and absorbs onto the skin very easily. Because of its serum qualities, a little bit goes a very long way, and using too much can make me look oily. This goes away quite quickly. It is also very hydrating, and I'll also use it as a daily moisturizer sometimes. Usually I'll use it twice a day under a sunscreen. It took me about 2 to 3 weeks to see noticeable results. My acne scarring was definitely lighter.

Unfortunately, I hate the packaging. I bought mine about a year ago, and it comes in a weird metal (alumimum?) tube that makes product somewhat difficult to squeeze out after it's about half empty. Maybe the newer ones have different or plastic packaging? Also, the product sometimes dries around and in the tip of the nozzle, into a weird, dark rubbery substance that I sometimes accidentally apply on my face. It's not a horrible con, but make sure to clean the tip after each use. Another really huge problem with this is the scent. It smells like plants, but is very chemical and artificial smelling. Almost like a bad, "nature-y" air freshener. When it dries, it has an odd metallic scent that is very offputting.

It's an okay product. I like and will continue to use it for the most part. It's nothing special, but it works. If I manage to find anything better, I probably wouldn't repurchase. But until there is an alternative, I'll probably get it again.

on 10/5/2014 8:53:00 AM

I had been using this consistently for 3 months without results and swapped to a high end moisturiser (Dior - for moisturising needs) then went back when that ran out and still nothing.

In terms of consistency, it's like a thin gel like and goes on light which I prefer since I'm on the oiler side. But it does leave a slight sticky feeling and does not moisturise at all. Packaging is ok since its in a tube so you can control the amount to disperse but I don't like anything in aluminium type tubes generally. Overall, I wouldn't mind all this if it did work as it claimed. It was a waste of time and money.