Got2B Kinkier gloss 'n' define curling mousse

2.7

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

This is the first time I tracked down a product online. It's definitely for nappy hair like mine. It smoothed it down and curled it up. It will help me while transforming from relaxing my hair, to going natural, which is my goal. I went through this registration process to let you know that I've tried many mousse products, but this is the truth!

I'm actually surprised by all the bad ratings. It definitely defined my dry wavy ish hair into nicer curls. It toned down the frizz a little as well but a little bit of Moroccan oil mixed in is needed. Maybe it depends on how you apply it to your hair? I scrunch it into my hair. It does weigh my hair down and a lot of product is needed for my hair specifically but it does what it says.

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I recently started wearing my hair curly and was looking for the least expensive product that would do the best job. I've been cycling through Got 2 Be, Marc Anthony, Pantene, Herbal Essences, NoodleHead and John Frieda products to see which of them would give me volume and defined curls at a drugstore price. This product is the best by far, and even holds curls into Day 2! My hair is quite fine and just slightly more curly than wavy. This mousse has a very thick texture, but I use a lot, which I think is key. Don't be afraid to pile it on and squeeze it in! Of all the products I've tried so far, this is likely the only one I'd buy again (except maybe the John Frieda Dream Curls spray).

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this after getting my hair cut pretty short, hoping that it would help structure my curls more. It really doesn't. It makes my hair pretty sticky and changes the texture of my curls. My hair is usually pretty dry, as is my scalp; and instead of adding natural shine to my hair it just looks greasy, and also causes a lot of product buildup on my scalp(which makes it itchy as hell).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This made my hair dry, frizzy, and flat. Yuk!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product sucks. it didn't made my hair curly at all, it did add some body to my hair but no curls. and I wanted curls, this is going back to the store.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This didn't help with curling my hair at all. They just fell out as if I didn't use any product. I did provide body, but I wanted curls. Also my hair now feels drier. Going back to HE. I got this at CVS for $3.99, and it's going back.

I like this it works for me

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was deciding between picking up the Aussie or Herbal Essence mousse, but then I saw this which promised glossy curls and I picked it up instead since I have terribly poofy, frizzy hair especially when I let it air-dry. First of all, it is a pain in the a** to get the product out, unlike with other mousses. The product doesn't come out smoothly at all; it make an annoying sound, then it finally comes out. Also, I found that instead of smoothing my hair with its gloss, it made my hair frizzer! Furthermore, it didn't curl my hair well at all, and left it feeling gross (definitely not bouncy). My Suave Rave 2x works better than this, and it is MUCH cheaper. This was actually the most, I believe, expensive low-end mousse. Most mousses like the Aussie, Herbal Essence, etc are around 4$, while this was around 7$. I have very thick, poofy hair like I mentioned before, with this mousse it left my hair looking poofy, while the Suave Rave left it more calm down and overall the 'curls' it produced are much better, not frizzy like this product. I'm returning this back to the store and trying out the Suave Captivating Curls that was recommended to me to try on the hair board.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this thinking it would enhance my curls and waves and it did a mediocre job. It also did not provide the hold I was expecting.