3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

This is my new favorite mascara. Just one coat,even without an eyelash curler, is very pretty.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

5 months ago

I see mixed reviews for this which I understand. But for me this mascara is great! I use my Loreal lash primer underneath and my lashes are curled and long. I really like the shape and size of the brush as well as the formula. Not too dry or wet. Its also accessible and affordable. Maybelline has some of the best mascaras on the market.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

from

8 months ago

Having used CoverGirl Super Thick Lash mascara for more than 10 years, and having been disappointed in the last couple of tubes (too dry and very clumpy), I decided to give the Maybelline Volum’ Express Colossal Cat Eyes a try. I am on the third day of wearing this, and am very impressed so far. I love the clump-free formula and the skinny, curved brush. It seems that mascara with a curved brush is hard to find these days, and yet it makes application so much easier. Don't let the skinniness of the brush fool you - it will quickly reach every last lash to give the most volume and definition possible. Not sure why cosmetic companies seem to think that the bigger the brush, the more volume it will create. I have deep-set eyes that are on the smaller side, so large brushes tend to be awkward to handle, and I can never get at all the lashes (for reference, I have relatively long lashes, but they are not very thick). Since I have oily lids, I always start with applying pressed powder on top lids and just underneath the bottom lash line with an eye shadow applicator. Regardless of this step, many mascaras will still leave raccoon eyes on me after several hours, but this particular one stays put pretty much the entire day, until I am ready to take it off. I really hope that this product will not be discontinued here in Canada, as I definitely plan to repurchase. If I had to say anything about the packaging, I would say the tube itself looks a little tacky with the bronze-coloured "cat markings", even though I love cats! :) Not a deal-breaker by any means, but it just gives the tube kind of a cheap look that discredits an otherwise excellent product.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age44-55

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

10 months ago

This is such a good drugstore option! My lashes always looked great when I wore this but sadly its been discountinued where I live. If this still exists where you're from I would try it out as its not that expensive.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

best drugstore mascara. dare I say better than expensive ones too? i tried loads and will go back to this one. mission accomplished for holy grail mascara.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

This mascara is stupid good and I think I will definitely keep it on hand. I actually have pretty long eyelashes, but they’re fairly straight and not the most voluminous (they aren’t toooo thin either tho). I prefer a thinner wand for easier application and I love the slim, “cat” shape this wand is in. It is the easiest to apply mascara I have used in my life. I’m able to get to every lash without messing up and hitting my skin. They give my eyelashes a nice, natural upward swoop and clumping is extreeemely minimal. Oh my gracious. Worth. Every. Penny. I’m always looking for the next best product but nope, my work is done here. Buy the mascara. Do it. 10/10

About reviewer (132 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Cool

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

from

3 years ago

My go-to mascara. It's great all around and does not irritate my eyes. It's quite easy to apply properly and does not budge unless it's damp. Good value.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Relaxed, Fine

3 years ago

I love this mascara! The price is great, and it does a very good job in separating my lashes and adding length. The bent wand makes coating the lower lashes a dream, and after using this for several months I still haven't experienced any flaking.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

this looks great some days, other days just doesnt work out... its a but unreliable which is weird for a mascara..

About reviewer (11 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

3 years ago

(waterproof version). I've been looking for another drug store mascara (have been using waterproof LashBlast forever), and this one didn't disappoint. Lengthens, doesn't add volume as much as LashBlast, but it holds a curl, which is the most important attribute for me. It's a good everyday mascara for a less dramatic lash look.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age30-35