Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

3.1

on 12/11/2016 4:10:00 AM

this looks great some days, other days just doesnt work out... its a but unreliable which is weird for a mascara..

on 10/25/2016 5:39:00 PM

(waterproof version). I've been looking for another drug store mascara (have been using waterproof LashBlast forever), and this one didn't disappoint. Lengthens, doesn't add volume as much as LashBlast, but it holds a curl, which is the most important attribute for me. It's a good everyday mascara for a less dramatic lash look.

on 9/10/2016 1:10:00 AM

GURLLL. YOU NEED TO GO GET YOU A TUBE OF THIS RIGHT. NOW. BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT I HAVE TRIED EVERY DRUGSTORE MASCARA IN THE BOOKS. Loreal. TRIED IT. Maybelline. TRIED IT. Rimmel. TRIED IT. Nyc. TRIED IT. Almay. TRIED IT. Revlon. Sadly, tried it and Voluminous, literally tried all of it.. BUT THIS. I have seen this mascara and wanted to try it but FOR SOME REASON, decided to go spend my money on every other mascara in the drugstore when I could have ended my mascara search SO MANY MOONS AGO if I had just TRIED THIS STUFF. THIS STUFF IS LIKE THE SOULMATE OF MY EYELASHES. THE TRUEST LOVE THEY NEVER HAD. MY EYELASHES ARE ABOUT A 7 OUT OF 10 BUT THIS STUFF TAKES THEM UP TO A DEFINITE 10 OUT OF 10. IF YOU HAVE STUBBORN LASHES THAT NEED SEPARATION, LENGTH AND WEIGHTLESS FLUTTERY VOLUME THEN STOP LOOKING. GO BUY THIS MASCARA AND WEEP TEARS OF JOY AFTER YOU SEE WHAT WONDERS THIS LITTLE YELLOW TUBE OF MAGIC HAS WITHIN. IT GLIDES ON LIKE HOT BUTTER ON A BISCUIT AND BUILDS WITH EASE EVEN AFTER IT DRIES. I AM CURRENTLY WEARING 3 COATS AND GIRL DO MY LASHES LOOK EVER SO NATURAL WITH A KICK OF PERFECTION. HILLARY STEP ASIDE, MY LASHES ARE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. THE NEXT TIME YOU PASS THIS MASCARA IN THE DRUGSTORE I HOPE YOU DONT HESITATE A SWEAT'S SECOND TO DROP THOSE $8 CAUSE GURLLLLL YOUR EYELASHES WILL BE BOWING DOWN IN PRAISE CAN I GET AN AMEN. THE MAKEUP GODS HAVE LOOKED DOWN AND SMILED ON US. YOU BEST BELIEVE I'LL RECOMMEND TO A FRIEND.

This mascara is weird. There seems to be very little product on the brush. With other mascaras I usually wipe some of the product off when it comes out with too much but this already comes out cleaned up....but maybe too much. I have to apply a million times to build up to where it is noticeable. I am fine with the curved brush but I feel like it requires more work. All in all this product isn't bad but I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

packaging is cute otherwise it sucks. dry and flakes, I had a ring of black flakes under my eyes. Big NO

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My opinion: This is my favourite mascara - I wear it every day! As someone with quite short eyelashes, I love how this mascara makes my eyelashes seem longer, curlier, and fuller.

Application/Brush:
- When applying, 2 or more coats is necessary (WITHOUT drying time in between coats) for the best effect.
- Like with any mascara, too many coats will result in a clumpy look.
- It is interesting to note that the curved brush must be used correctly for best results. My mum doesn't like this mascara because without taking advantage of the brush shape, it doesn't perform to its full potential.

Price: In Australia, this mascara is about $20, which is well above the amount of money I am willing to spend on mascara. Thus, I have to wait until it goes on sale (usually 1/2 price) to stock up.

Overall: This is the only mascara I use and buy, and I would definitely recommend to/buy for a friend.

on 3/5/2016 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. The formula is dry and it does nothing to the lashes unless you build them up with 3 or 4 coats. Then you get darkness but zero length or volume so I don't get the appeal. It has a hyacinth scent. The wand is thin and ultra curved, which is supposed to create the cat eye effect, but it does not. I am very puzzled by this product. Maybe it works if you have naturally long lashes, but it does not work on short skimpy lashes. I bought this strictly because it was marked down so I only lost $5, but it's still disappointing when you're expecting some kind of results and you get nothing.

Update: after 2 months there is nothing in the tube. I only used it a few times and consider it a total failure. For me this is the worst mascara that Maybelline ever put out. The wand is thin and no product at all sticks to it. The tube is practically empty. Maybelline has a lot of excellent mascaras so I am still surprised at how bad this is. It does absolutely nothing for the lashes. In its favour, it didn't do any harm.

on 2/8/2016 9:55:00 PM

This is a review for the non-waterproof version.

What I look for in mascaras (in order of preference):
1. Curling
2. Doesn't flake/smudge
3. Volumizing
4. Lengthening

I was expecting more wow and oomph from this product based on its name (colossal, cat eyes) but it failed my expectations. First off, I found that not a lot of product went on the brush. I had to pump (I know, a big no-no) or wiggle the brush just to get more product on it. When applied on my eyelashes, it didn't add any volume or length. It also didn't hold a curl. It looked like I only had a little bit of mascara even if I already put on several coats. Normally I would consider this a win because i don't like heavy looking makeup but like I said with a mascara name like this I was expecting more than your everyday mascara look.

The one thing I liked about this mascara was it didn't flake or smear. Maybe it helped that I had on UD eyeshadow primer so my eyelids weren't oily. I also wore the mascara on my upper eyelash only.

If you are looking for a minimal everyday look then this mascara is for you. Otherwise, skip it.

on 11/3/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I think this mascara is good and bad at the same time. It evenly separates my sparse and short lashes but it doesn't give me volume. It lengthens and lifts. I love the packaging, but it didn't give me that cat eye affect. It made my lashes really stiff which I don't like. It works best with other mascaras that have volume to layer on top of it. My favorite combination is the Maybelline Rocket mascara layered on top. Maybe a person with fuller lashes might like it more than I did? Overall I would not repurchase.

on 10/6/2015 8:24:00 AM

my absolute favorite mascara, I've tried high end and this is still my holy grail ! I always buy two at a time

Popular Mascaras