Maybelline New York Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

3.1

AQUA/WATER/EAU, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX/CIRE DABEILLE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ACACIA SENEGAL/ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENYLETHYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SILICA, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, PANTHENOL, SOLUBLE COLLAGEN. [ /- MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/IRON OXIDES, CI, 77007/ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 77288/CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289/CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742/MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510/FERRIC FERROCYANIDE.]

on 12/2/2018 1:28:00 PM

best drugstore mascara. dare I say better than expensive ones too? i tried loads and will go back to this one. mission accomplished for holy grail mascara.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This mascara is stupid good and I think I will definitely keep it on hand.

I actually have pretty long eyelashes, but they’re fairly straight and not the most voluminous (they aren’t toooo thin either tho). I prefer a thinner wand for easier application and I love the slim, “cat” shape this wand is in. It is the easiest to apply mascara I have used in my life. I’m able to get to every lash without messing up and hitting my skin. They give my eyelashes a nice, natural upward swoop and clumping is extreeemely minimal.

Oh my gracious. Worth. Every. Penny. I’m always looking for the next best product but nope, my work is done here. Buy the mascara. Do it.

10/10

on 8/25/2017 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

My go-to mascara. It's great all around and does not irritate my eyes. It's quite easy to apply properly and does not budge unless it's damp. Good value.

on 6/9/2017 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this mascara! The price is great, and it does a very good job in separating my lashes and adding length. The bent wand makes coating the lower lashes a dream, and after using this for several months I still haven't experienced any flaking.

on 12/11/2016 4:10:00 AM

this looks great some days, other days just doesnt work out... its a but unreliable which is weird for a mascara..

on 10/25/2016 5:39:00 PM

(waterproof version). I've been looking for another drug store mascara (have been using waterproof LashBlast forever), and this one didn't disappoint. Lengthens, doesn't add volume as much as LashBlast, but it holds a curl, which is the most important attribute for me. It's a good everyday mascara for a less dramatic lash look.

on 9/10/2016 1:10:00 AM

GURLLL. YOU NEED TO GO GET YOU A TUBE OF THIS RIGHT. NOW. BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT I HAVE TRIED EVERY DRUGSTORE MASCARA IN THE BOOKS. Loreal. TRIED IT. Maybelline. TRIED IT. Rimmel. TRIED IT. Nyc. TRIED IT. Almay. TRIED IT. Revlon. Sadly, tried it and Voluminous, literally tried all of it.. BUT THIS. I have seen this mascara and wanted to try it but FOR SOME REASON, decided to go spend my money on every other mascara in the drugstore when I could have ended my mascara search SO MANY MOONS AGO if I had just TRIED THIS STUFF. THIS STUFF IS LIKE THE SOULMATE OF MY EYELASHES. THE TRUEST LOVE THEY NEVER HAD. MY EYELASHES ARE ABOUT A 7 OUT OF 10 BUT THIS STUFF TAKES THEM UP TO A DEFINITE 10 OUT OF 10. IF YOU HAVE STUBBORN LASHES THAT NEED SEPARATION, LENGTH AND WEIGHTLESS FLUTTERY VOLUME THEN STOP LOOKING. GO BUY THIS MASCARA AND WEEP TEARS OF JOY AFTER YOU SEE WHAT WONDERS THIS LITTLE YELLOW TUBE OF MAGIC HAS WITHIN. IT GLIDES ON LIKE HOT BUTTER ON A BISCUIT AND BUILDS WITH EASE EVEN AFTER IT DRIES. I AM CURRENTLY WEARING 3 COATS AND GIRL DO MY LASHES LOOK EVER SO NATURAL WITH A KICK OF PERFECTION. HILLARY STEP ASIDE, MY LASHES ARE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. THE NEXT TIME YOU PASS THIS MASCARA IN THE DRUGSTORE I HOPE YOU DONT HESITATE A SWEAT'S SECOND TO DROP THOSE $8 CAUSE GURLLLLL YOUR EYELASHES WILL BE BOWING DOWN IN PRAISE CAN I GET AN AMEN. THE MAKEUP GODS HAVE LOOKED DOWN AND SMILED ON US. YOU BEST BELIEVE I'LL RECOMMEND TO A FRIEND.

This mascara is weird. There seems to be very little product on the brush. With other mascaras I usually wipe some of the product off when it comes out with too much but this already comes out cleaned up....but maybe too much. I have to apply a million times to build up to where it is noticeable. I am fine with the curved brush but I feel like it requires more work. All in all this product isn't bad but I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

packaging is cute otherwise it sucks. dry and flakes, I had a ring of black flakes under my eyes. Big NO

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My opinion: This is my favourite mascara - I wear it every day! As someone with quite short eyelashes, I love how this mascara makes my eyelashes seem longer, curlier, and fuller.

Application/Brush:
- When applying, 2 or more coats is necessary (WITHOUT drying time in between coats) for the best effect.
- Like with any mascara, too many coats will result in a clumpy look.
- It is interesting to note that the curved brush must be used correctly for best results. My mum doesn't like this mascara because without taking advantage of the brush shape, it doesn't perform to its full potential.

Price: In Australia, this mascara is about $20, which is well above the amount of money I am willing to spend on mascara. Thus, I have to wait until it goes on sale (usually 1/2 price) to stock up.

Overall: This is the only mascara I use and buy, and I would definitely recommend to/buy for a friend.