Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water

Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water

4.5

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Lactic Acid, Arginine, Butylene Glycol, Artemisia Princeps Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Betula Alba Juice, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Glycerin.

on 7/20/2017 10:19:00 AM

Oh how I wish I didn't love this.... the cost is ridiculous.. but I love this.... I bought the large bottle with the pump from the Koh Gen Do website and I really wish I had not. Because I absolutely love this stuff. My very sensitive skin loves it. Due to the cost, I only use it as my morning cleanser and don't remove makeup with it. I also love Bioderma and will likely use that instead. If this were slightly more affordable, this would be my HG. It is the best cleansing water I have tried.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Let see... I used this for about 6+ months when it first hit Sephora stores in America. Since then, I have tried MANY cleansing waters. This is my 3rd favorite, right after Bioderma Sensibio, and Simple Micellar Cleansing Water at #1.

It *does* do a good job at removing traces of make up that my cleansing oil (mineral or jojoba oil) left behind. Koh Gen Do's formula never broke me out or caused any clogged pores nor irritation. I also liked that this didn't leave a sticky film of residue on my skin.

So why did I stop purchasing? Honestly, KGD did nothing wrong. It's more so the fact I found products that did a *little* bit more for my skin - at a lower price.

I'd repurchase this in a heartbeat if my other 2 favorites were unavailable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I tried the 3.38 oz bottle to see whether this product would be worth the price tag. It lasted about a week, using it at night and on mornings I didn't shower (every other day). This allowed for a basic assessment of its performance compared to other micellar waters I've tried, but not for a good sense of how the botanical extracts would influence my skin over time. Overall I concluded I wouldn't buy this again, because of the sticky sensation left behind on my skin and because of the cost.

PROS
- The squeeze bottle and controlled opening help dispense this water less wastefully than Simple's, although I still prefer Marcelle's pump.
- Cleans gently and removes makeup effectively, without drying out the skin. My sensitive, acne-prone skin responded positively.

CONS
- My skin felt tacky or slightly sticky after using this product. Perhaps this was from the botanical extracts, which include white birch sap. Whatever the cause, I didn't care for this result.
- A light herbal/medicinal scent from the extracts - not strong, but definitely noticeable while wiping it across your face.
- Expensive.

on 7/2/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I tried the Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water in two travel sized bottles, which lasted me about a month for each one. It was the first micellar water I've tried and since, I've gone onto using Bioderma.

The Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water is efficient and does remove makeup, however, I noticed that it tended to burn my eyes when using it to remove eye makeup. If you will be using this, based on my experience alone, I'd probably not recommend it as an eye makeup remover, though it did a pretty decent job at removing face makeup. If you are sensitive to smells, you may also want to avoid this as it has a floral/citrus-y kind of smell. I liked it, others may not.

I find it works just as well as the Bioderma Sensibio H2O, and considering that is a cheaper option in larger quantities, at that, I can't justify using this when there's another alternative that works just as well.

Pros:

- Effective at removing makeup
- Pleasant smell (for those that enjoy it)

Cons:

- Expensive at $39/10.15 fl oz (compared to Bioderma Sensibio H2O at $19.95/16.90 fl oz)
- Gives a burning sensation when removing eye makeup
- Scented (for those sensitive to smells)

on 6/13/2015 1:30:00 PM

I like this water. Mind you, I don't use it to remove MU. I am perfectly obsessed with going to bed with a squeaky clean face, come hell or high water, so I always use my beloved DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. Then I wash my face with whichever cleanser I'm using at the moment, and end up with a toner.

I use this as a toner because since it says it cleans, it will remove whatever grime there's left; and also because it is very mild as a toner and leaves my skin ultra clean without drying it.

I also use it first thing in the shower, on those days when my skin is a bit sensitive and I need to use a gentler cleanser. In this case, I do not use a cotton square. I just splash some on my hands and apply to dry face and then rinse it. Works super well.

It is expensive, though. So I don't buy it frequently.

on 5/7/2015 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've used a few different cleansing waters or micellar waters in the past and have never been particularly impressed with any of them. I seem to have the exact same problems with all of them. First, I have to use a LOT of product to clean all of my makeup off and I don't even wear much. I can't imagine how much you would have to use if you wore a lot! The best method of using, I've found, is to soak a pad in the cleanser and then press it against the skin, letting it dissolve the makeup a bit and then wiping away. After cleansing all the makeup off, my face feels sticky and a bit irritated from the wiping. I always have to follow up with cleanser because my face just doesn't feel clean afterwards. All in all, I don't think these are worth the expensive price tag when it performs the exact same way as a box of $5 wipes at the drugstore. I will not repurchase.

on 2/10/2015 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first micellar water. I use it to take off my eye makeup and concealer when I get home from work, and I can't get over how great it is. It removes mascara so much better than what I was using previously (Almay eye makeup remover pads), and it doesn't irritate my eyes or leave an oily residue. I normally don't like to waste things, but I threw out my old makeup remover after seeing how good a makeup remover can be. It really feels like water but it removes makeup so well, and it isn't fragranced. It's gentle and hasn't irritated my skin - my skin feels good after I use it (neither too dry nor too oily) - and I like that there's a tiny bit of lactic acid in there. I can see why micellar waters are so popular. If you wear a lot of makeup you would need quite a few pads to take everything off - you'd probably be better off with a face wipe and then rinsing afterwards. For my purposes it's excellent.

I'm going to try the Simple micellar water after this to see if that works as well as this does, since I'd love a cheaper option.

on 1/25/2015 3:02:00 PM

I love it, but it's expensive and I'm not certain it is better enough than others to be worth its price. I use other waters which are cheaper and seem to do the same (reversa micellar solution, bottle is 3 times bigger and I paid like 10% more for it, and it pretty much does the same thing so...) Like I said, nice stuff, but I'm sure this is just overpriced and I will be restocking on cheaper stuff when I'm out of my supply even though I love this.

on 1/8/2015 9:40:00 AM

I loved this product so much, I bought it for the toughest critic, my mom. When I didn't hear anything from her about it, I was surprised, but forgot about it. Turns out, she was finishing up something else. She called me yesterday and said, did you give me this little red bottle? I said yes, I was wondering what happened with it. I love it. I need more. It removes my eye makeup like a dream and doesn't irritate my eyes (which says a lot. She has the MOST sensitive eyes of anyone I know). I personally love it because other products designed to remove eye makeup (such as Mary Kay and Lancme Bifacil) leave an oily residue that ruins my contact lenses.

BEST MAKEUP REMOVER EVER.
I don't fully comprehend how something so light and gentle can destroy even the toughest bits of makeup. No stinging, no discomfort (even in the eye area) whatsoever. It's so good that after thorough usage of this, you don't even have to wash your face afterwards (hallelujah for us lazy girls!). Also, it doesn't stop working at makeup removal-- the morning after, you will notice that your skin looks so much better, and yes, the wonderful cleansing water is to thank for it.
Seriously, forsake all your old makeup removers and defect to this gem. It is a tad expensive but it is SO worth it.