Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking Mascara

Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking Mascara

3.3

My first thing from YSL and gotta say I love it! Really makes your lashes noticible and long, plus adds the volume. The only con I have is that when you pull the mascara brush out, it does have excess of mascara on it, at least for me it is too much, so I wipe the excess with a tissue and it is ready to use! But everyone has different lashes so maybe you wouldn't mind a little bit of more mascara on the brush. And other con is the price. But it lasts long time, for me, I bought it on December I think, now is June and I still have it. Used it every day first month, now only sometimes.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love the formula, brush, and packaging, Dont love the price. I do think it's worth it though. I have been content with different mascaras I've used, but this is definitely a HG standout product. Was recommended by a friend and I google image searched it and the before after photos you see are accurate. It is so black, and a really smooth nice formula. It is NOT clumpy at all, the brush is a great size, not tiny but not HUGE like the Better than sex wand. I find if I wipe the excess off and apply in layers it really adds length and volume, and if I apply close enough to the lash line I don't even need eyeliner. Defintely recommend this one!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this YSL mascara a while ago, and I'm not gonna lie. I bought it because of the packaging. The golden colour of the tube...it just drew me in, and "Shocking" written in this sexy, cursive font. Please. Just don't get me started.
When I first started using this mascara, I thought the formula was just too wet for my liking and my lashes just clumped together when I used it. But a few weeks later, after the formula dried out a bit, it turned out to be not THAT bad. But it still did not live up to my expectations. I don't think this mascara gives you the SHOCKING FALSE LASH effect. It's a mascara that gives you normal, natural looking lashes. I think any drugstore mascara could easily beat this one. But, honestly, the packaging is too luxurious for it not to attract me again. So, maybe, just MAYBE, when I run out of this product I'm gonna repurchase.
Oh, and I forgot to say; I paid 50 dollars for this mascara. Yes, you read right. 50 bloody dollars.

on 7/30/2015 6:17:00 AM

Amazing mascara, if you build it well, it'll be supersuper dashing!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love love love this mascara. I love big and thick lashes and this delivers 100%. The first time you use this the formula is very wet and you will find it clumps a little. I usually open mine and let it sit for a few days. Once it dries out slightly the formula is amazing and very buildable. It literally makes you look like you're wearing false lashes.

So bad I had to write a review - this expensive mascara doesn't live up to its price. I bought #8 because I'm always looking for non-black mascaras that aren't ginger-brown either, and loved the battle-ship grey with a bit of a gleam.

But it makes a terrible clumpy mess. My eyelashes stick together so, like another reviewer said, it actually looks as though I have fewer, spindlier lashes - the opposite of the aim! It's newly opened so it's not that air has got in - even scraping most of the product off before using doesn't help (and I can't find my lash comb).

It't so much effort to remove, even with Clinique Take the Day Off Balm, that it feels like a waterproof formula - which I never use, for just that reason. I reckon I must lose a few lashes each time. Life's too short to try further to make this work so I'm throwing it away, angry at the waste of money.

PS if it's true that this mascara has fibres in, as one reviewer said an SA had told her, I think YSL should make this info freely available. I go out of my way to avoid such mascaras and this could explain why I'm hating it so much.

on 12/19/2014 5:53:00 PM

It was given to me as a present, and I just love how it makes my lashes look thick and really black. I bought a new tube and I find it a bit pricey . But it's okay, i still love it.

on 12/10/2014 8:06:00 AM

This really is the worst mascara I have ever used.

I was left with clumps of mascara over my lashes and had to clean it off so I could go out. It really was bad. I took it back and got a replacement but it was just the same.

I would never buy this product again. I can't think how it ever got through Quality Control.

on 12/5/2014 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I did not like this at all. On the first day it just clumped my lashes so bad that it looked like I only had 3 lashes on my left eye and 4 on my right. I understand this is volumizing but it offered no separation so I had to use a metal lash comb. Ain't used that mess in YEARS! That is disrespectful of a masrcara that costs this much. Anyway, I continued to use this, it clumped every time, pieces of it ended up on my cheeks, the good news it it didn't smudge on me like volume effet faux cils but I just... I paid way too much for this to behave this way. I will not repurchase. UGH!

on 9/21/2014 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG mascara. It provides amazing volume and lengthens my lashes to the limit. It's what Chanel and Dior claim to be, but only YSL delivers on the promise of thick, full, and long lashes. The brush needs improvement bc it makes application more difficult than it has to be bc it picks up too much product. This can cause clumping if you're not careful. But when applied correctly and carefully, it gives you the lashes you've always wished for!

Popular Mascaras