3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this ! I have been using it for less than a week and my hormonal acne as well as white heads are almost all gone! Packaging is simple, the smell is like medicated treatments but I don't mind at all because at least I know that I am paying for the quality of the product, and not for the packaging :)

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I think some users of this product have misconceived it! This should not be your moisturizer! Yes it's slightly hydrating but it's to be used as a treatment on areas where there are clogged and dialated pores as well as pimples. It is also incredible for nose blackheads. This is my new go to treatment for my small clogged pores on my forehead and chin as well as dialated pores and blackheads on my nose. I use it on these areas ONLY, let the lotion dry then apply my regular hydrating cream! It is literally AMAZING. I only use it at night as I feel it may be too many layers for under my makeup. I had a clogged pore (white bump) on my chin for months and used this lotion on it for two nights and it's almost gone! I also heard from a Neostrata representative that a customer with extreme blackheads on her nose had amazing success and went from lifelong large blackheads to absolutely none! The packaging is über plain and the texture reminds me of glue kindergarteners use but I don't care as it works better than anything and doesn't tighten, dehydrate, or burn my semi sensitive skin. Worth the price as it does more than many products I've tried without being irritating at all whatsoever! Tonight I'm trying it on my boyfriends skin which shall be the ultimate test as men have thicker oilier skin with larger pores! Will update 😀

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I feel bad writing a bad review, but this lotion was terrible. When something does not work for me I try to find another use for it or give it away, I would not feel comfortable giving to anyone. It smells awful, the texture feels like slime and it feels like your face gets really hot then starts sweating! I read another review that had the same reaction as me. These are the active ingredients which is why I purchased: 5% sodium ascorbyl phosphate and 2% niacinamide. This is going in the garbage, not returning because I bought online and too much of a pain.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

6 years ago

I used at night and I love how my face feels in the morning soft and hydrated. It does not over dry my combination skin.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Tan

HairBrown

EyesBrown

6 years ago

I thought this might be an interesting change of pace from benzoyl peroxide and other nefarious but effective acne fixes, particularly since I had read a few journal articles discussing the use of 2-4% niacinamide for sebum excretion reduction. And it was, but only in a terrible way. The first week was comprised of equal parts insane itching, insane dryness, and a delightful flourish of miniature whiteheads all over my cheeks and chin and all along my mouth. Now since I cannot seem to find any negative press on niacinamide cream, perhaps I am an outlier and this product is just not for me. Based on my experience and how I needed to put polysporin on my face to assist me in a return to baseline, I wouldn't throw this product at my worst enemy. But that is my unique experience and we all have different genes and environments and tolerances so take my opinion for what it's worth.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

7 years ago

Lemme start out with the tiny negatives, which are the texture it quite thick at first Espically for acne lotions and it smells a lil funky. But overall I've seen a huggggge improvement in my skin after going off birth control my skin freaked out in a way it never had before like 4-5 deep zits at a times at its worst around chin/mouth area! I havent had any bad zits since! I've been using it almost 2 months now very happy with it! I also use the matching face wash! Fantastic !

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

7 years ago

This is one of my go-to products when my acne flares up and I need a reliable product that will guaranteed calm it down and won't break me out further. It comes in a little 30 ml tube, however you only need a thin layer for it to be effective. It soaks in completely after about 10 - 15 minutes. I find that it can be used in the morning if I have a good amount of time to put my make-up on, but I prefer to use it at night. I paid $30 at Shopper's Drug Mart, however if you really need a product that will help calm your acne down I highly recommend it! If you have hormonal acne, it won't clear your face completely, but you will see a good improvement.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

8 years ago

I wish it would say for what skin type it's really for, because it only says it's for acne skin..that doesn't help much. It should say weather it's for oily or dry skin etc. I have very oily skin, I purchased this 30mL moisturizer for $30 because I wanted a daytime moisturizer that would help with acne/keep my skin clear but also moisturize well. This really disappointed me. This moisturizer is very slippery, a little dot of this product goes a very long way, then after, my face feels moisturized heavily, then a minute later I start feeling greasy, then I start sweating.I look into the mirror and my face get's very greasy..the moisturizer is running down my face. no idea what's happening...I think it does something to my pores, because it looked like warning gross: this moisturizer was coming out of my pores.. I don't get how this is supposed to help with sebaceous filaments because to me it does the opposite, or maybe this moisturizer isn't what it claims to be, it made me 20x oilier than I really am, I'm oily skinned but I don't have oil running down my face, I literally had to wipe off this moisturizer off my face because it was so greasy and oily it felt like it was melting, I can't explain it any other way because I have no idea what was happening. I also found it clogged my skin, I see blackheads where I have never seen before, all over my chin area, on the sides of my cheeks. I will not repurchase this, highly disappointed.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

8 years ago

An amazing moisturiser for acne-prone skin! Super hydrating, easily absorbed, and a really nice texture. I use this lotion in the morning after my 10% glycolic lotion and the result have been wonderfully. I'm breaking out less, and in the event I do (which is now a rare occurrence), my blemishes are so small and minute they disappear over night with a small application of BP. I also love how this lotion has a stabilized form of vitamin c and niacinamide! I think both elements have contributed to my good skin as of late. Love this and will continue to use!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairOther

EyesOther

8 years ago

I bought this product on sale without much hope. I have tried every acne product and they all dry my skin out and make my acne look worse. This product, however, was amazing!! It dried out all the oil in my skin and balanced moisture where it needed to. I have very fair, very sensitive skin that can be very dry and oily in the tzone. I am starting to get fine lines and acne, and this treated both. This is the only product that I have had success using to treat cystic acne pimples (the really big ones under the skin). It shrinks them considerably.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35