Sisley Skinleÿa

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

What a disappointment!
I never felt the need to write a review on a beauty product, until now.

I bought this Foundation on sale - I was so happy to find the right tone for my skin AND it was 50% off. When I tried it, I used the flat (very hard) brush it comes with. I had thin lines all over my face and the foundation was sitting on my pores. Then I tried another flat brush... and then a dual fiber brush: no lines anymore, but very little coverage and it was sitting on my pores. Maybe the technique was poor... so I tried with my fingers, and it was a bit better, but still a no go.
Maybe my skin is soooo dehidrated (never thought this before but...you know: Sisley is such a good brand...). So I put a hidrating mask the night before, doubled my daily moisturing cream in the morning, tried the Foundation again and...and again... and then with diferent moisturizers, with or without serums... with or without sunscreen... with dry or damp weather... you name it!
It sat on my pores. Period.
I feel frustrated about the fact that non of the techniques seem to work WELL. The best way to layer it may be with a wet sponge, but still this Foundation does not give me sufficient coverage, sits on my pores, does not wear long and you still can see my sensitive-over-40-fair-with-rosacea skin underneath...
Then I had an idea: I went to a Sisley makeup consultant, who - herselp - tried the Foundation on my face.
Guess what: it sat on my pores etc etc.

It smells good though and I DO hope some good may be doing to my skin, with all the renowned ingredients and high end quality Sisley is supposed to offer for such an ambicious price!... I DO hope...

Excellent product, well worth the cost.

To Read all 13 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is really nice but, ouch, the price isn't. I am 50 and it makes my skin look great and goes on smoothly and you don't need much. They only had two colours in at Heathrow Terminal 5 and so the colour I got is a little dark for me (soft rose) but nothing I can't work with (I am NC20, I think, in MAC). I think it was £100 or thereabouts. I will repurchase when it runs out, but in a lighter colour.

This foundation gives a beautiful, dewy sheer to medium coverage IF it is applied correctly. I agree with the other reviewers, a wet sponge is the best way to go. A thin layer on top of my favorite winter primer (Ettusais Amino CC cream) was all I needed, and it covered minor imperfections fairly well, but then I don`t ever use too much concealer in the daytime. I think this foundation would be great for someone with really pale skin, as usually I would be the lowest shade in the color range of most foundation brands, but for this I am a 10, the third color in the range. The foundation lasted all day on me with powder on top. It is moisturizing, but it did not turn me into an oil slick. Now for the bad news: It needs serious blending, and it cannot be layered, as it cakes too much and sits on top of pores. For a sheer foundation it`s WAY TOO EXPENSIVE! Obscenely so. I mean, I can get the same results with my Koh Gen Do Aqua at a fraction of the price. And my KGD is far more user friendly (you can apply with brush, sponge, fingers) and has some nice ingredients. I am willing to shell out cash for expensive foundations from Suqqu, because with the Frame Fix N foundations (liquid and creme) I can truly see a major difference in coverage and appearance that justifies that price tag, but I can`t quite say the same for Skinleya.

When i first put this on, i absolutely hated it. I thought how on earth could this foundation be so expensive when it looks so horrible on my skin? it didn't sink into my skin, i could see it sitting on top of my pores - not a good finish! but after i completed the rest of my makeup routine (except for face powder) the foundation sunk in and i was left with an absolutley beautiful, natural, radiant finish. It wasn't heavy either - much like the fluid foundation in the sisley line. The difference between the two other than the obvious (one is a cream, one is liquid, one comes in a pump, one is in a jar) is that Skinleya has antiaging benifits in it. It's also more moisturizing. it made my skin look fantastic. The coverage is light to medium. NEVER CAKEY - i had a blemish and layerd this on it and it covered it well!

very simular to By Terry VIP expert foundation brush in terms of price and preformance

I was anxious to try this insanely expensive makeup. I got a bit of a deal on ebay but it was still very pricey. After some experimenting I finally got this to work. It comes with a very nice foundation brush but I wasn't crazy about how the makeup looked.even with careful blending. I could see the makeup on my face and didn't like how it settled in pores. I also tried applying it with my fingers. Not happy with that either. Finally I used a damp beauty blender sponge and that worked best. I also used a primer - Clarins instant touch. Those 2 things produced the best result. If I were to buy another Sisley makeup it would be the oil free phyto-teint eclat. It is a far superior makeup and it is perfection which also happens to be about $70 cheaper.

I agree that the Capture Totale foundation is much much much better than this one. I don't have bad skin, enlarged pores , etc, but this foundation sits in the pores and looks absolutely awful ! I like and use a lot of sisley skincare products and love them, I thought this foundation will be better for people after 40. Unfortunately it does nothing, for me it looks like bad quality tinted moisturiser. It's a waste of money.

I haven't wrote any reviews in the last years, but this foundation is so wonderfull that I can't understand why all the bad reviews?In the last five or six years I've used La Prairie's Caviar foundation wich is perfect.But Skinleya is more than perfect! It is more than a simple foundation and it's very different than everything I have ever tried! At first it was a little difficult to apply it and I belive that this is the reason for all the negative reviews.But if you'll take time to gently apply it ,with light and short strokes using the provided brush ,you will find that this foundation is amazing! It has a beautifull coverage ,sheer but somehow perfect that I don't need any concealer.The skin looks rested , perfectly natural, flawless and glowy, and you only need a very small amount to cover your entire face.Try it and you will find this foundation amazing!(sorry for my bad English)
Update:I'm at my second jar and I can now understand the bad reviews.IT'S ALL IN THE APPLICATION METHOD!The result can be horrible or wonderfull,it all depends on how you apply it! It can look horrible if you:apply it with the fingers,overapply it(it will settle on top and peel off),blend it in all directions,use to much product(it will look thick and a bit cakey).And it will look wonderfull if you:apply it gently with a brush,use little by little product,apply it in only one direction,apply only one thin layer(maximum two!),use light downwards strokes starting in the middle and blending outwards.This foundation is not buildable,it can't be layered !If you do that and overapply it will settle into pores and look awfull! You need to apply a thin and continous layer of foundation.I know that it sounds hard to do ,but once you get it it's in fact very eassy!You just need to forget the way that you used to apply your foundation and learn a new way,because this great product is not like anything I've tryed before. If you will take your time to apply this carefully you will be amazed by the result!
I hope that my review will be helpful because I find it very unfair that such a great product gets bad reviews from people that just tryed a sample and applyed it in a wrong way!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Very good for my dry skin and especially for the winter, a very similar consistency as a toning balm from Bobi Brown, coverage is very mild.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Very disappointed with this foundation. Was on Christian Dior Capture Totale foundation which is an exceptional product for those looking for anti aging products. What initally swayed me to buy Sisley was because when I initially applied the tester on the back of one hand (the other I applied with Capture Totale again just to be sure), texture felt lighter with Sisley and coverage was comparable to Dior's foundation. Great I thought, plus colour was more accurate to my skin shade than Dior's foundation. Decision made, or so I thought.

Unfortunately, the effects of the foundation is not lasting. It does dry on the skin after an hour and with my dry skin in winter, laugh lines from eyes to cheeks get enhanced...not happy. With Dior's foundation, the moisturising element in it does not dry and the skin still feels moist and dewy after a good day's wear. Powder is not an issue because I have not used powder for a long time - it justs absorbs what precious moisture I need left on my skin (summer or winter). Also, the scent of the Sisley foundation is somewhat herb-ey and some may find it disagreeable.

All in all, the only one good thing about this unfortunate decision is that I know for sure Dior is back on my shelf - good coverage, consistent wear, highly reliable product.