Coastal Scents Winterberry Palette

No Image

3.0

on 4/18/2017 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I think the biggest pro AND con is the color selection. i.e. it is predominantly purples and mostly shimmers.

IMO I do not think this is a standalone palette. I think it needs to be supplemented with a base color (if you use one), and a neutral transition color to blend in everything. I do think this palette gives a great selection of eyelid and highlight colors. You can use the darker colors for the outer v, or you may again have to pull in another palette for a matte outer v shade if that is your preference. Considering I have so many neutral e/s floating around and that these pans are interchangeable, this is not a problem for me.

Other than that, some of the colors are a little hit and miss. The pigmentation is generally good. Some blend better than others. They're not as buttery as I would like and they feel a little stiff to use.

Just to note if you're purchasing the Fall festival palette also, that there are 2 colors (Regalia purple and Raisin berry) in both.

Overall, I do like this palette. It's not amazing, but I do like it. I found myself liking the Fall festival better just because there is a great color selection.

on 10/22/2011 9:45:00 AM

I purchased the Winterberry Palette a few months ago and at first, I was super excited to use all the fantastic colors of the palette. The palette case is super strong and very durable. The mirror is fantastic! But, after playing around with the shadows for a few days, I realized all the colors are very shimmery -- like, 70s disco shimmery! And, just a few months after using them, one of the shadows broke :'( It was my favorite one, S#09. I do not recommend this palette because you'd be much better off spending some extra money and purchasing either a large Coastal Scents Palette for more diversity OR investing in some quality shadows like MAC.