First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy

3.8

Ingredients: Diisostearyl Malate, Microcrystalline Wax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Glyceryl Diisostearate, Dimethicone, Flavor (Aroma), Glycerin, Triisostearin, Colloidal Oat Flour, Tocopherol, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Water, Allantoin, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Hyaluronic Acid

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really like this lip balm! It has small exfoliating beads that make your lips feel smooth. I got mine for $12, which I think is a fair price for a high-end brand. It has a similar applicator as the squeeze tube lip glosses you can buy for $3. For the price, I think this is an awesome product!

I have become obsessed with FAB products. I bought the kit that contained this at Ulta because this was full size along with the moisturizer and radiance pads with 2 sample sizes of the skin peel and facial cleanser, what a steal!!!! This is an amazing lip balm. I'm completely hooked. I use the Burt's Bees lip scrub and intensive night therapy lip balm at night and this during the day. My lips, which had been so dry this winter to the point of cracked and bleeding at times, are so soft and nice now. This stuff is a miracle worker.

on 1/17/2018 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

One of my least favorite FAB products, and one of my least favorite lip balms. The spearmint was refreshing and enjoyable to smell but seemed to irritate my lips, and I found that the product separated, with the oils squirting out of the tube, so application was uneven. Since it irritated my lips it was counterproductive, so I stopped using it. If you do like it, it's a pretty generous size tube and would likely last quite a while. It does have a glossier finish than some balms.

I use this several times a day and it's the only thing that saves me in the cold Canadian winters. I like how I can apply it all I want and it doesn't impact my lips negatively. I recommend this to all of my friends. The only thing is it really expensive... I lost mine last year and was pretty upset I needed to repurchase. If you can get it in a holiday gift set or on sale with a coupon or something I'd do that instead, and hold on tight to it!

on 10/24/2017 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, I do not have the clear version of this, but the tinted one (Rosy Red). I also didn't pay the full $12 for this, but got it on sale for $9 as some clearance offer that coupled this with a small container of the Ultra Repair Cream. So for $9 I got a really nice moisturizer and a decent lip product. I'm happy with that.

For $12 alone, however, no. I have other lip balms that feel nicer -- though this is a nice product -- and for $12 I can get a couple fancier Chapsticks or a couple lipsticks at the drugstore.

What I do like about this: The texture is nice. It's not super waxy and it's not greasy, but a happy medium. It feels nice on my lips, and it's not drying. I really like the Rosy Red color because it's a bit warmer, like a muted red and not really that pink. I happen to like pink, but I prefer it to be muted by a hint of brown, so that this is warmer sheer that doesn't scream pure pink is something I really like. It's also not so sheer as to be nonexistent, but it's easy enough to apply without need for a mirror. I also like the squeeze tube. It screws shut securely and I can carry this in pocket and touch up as needed without the cap coming off and making a mess in a purse or pocket.

What I don't like: It's got a slightly medicinal scent. It's mildly minty and it's mildly suggestive of eucalyptus. It has a slightly medicinal flavor, too. It leaves a tiny bit of a tingle on my lips, which is a bit distracting for me, but it's not bad. After a few seconds I really don't notice it.

If it didn't have that slight tinge of Vicks Vap-o-Rub to it, it would be well worth $12, but I don't know if this stands out enough for me to become a makeup bag staple for me. I should note, however, that I do have more than 100 lipsticks and tinted lip balms, so most things I own rarely get used up in short order.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

My search is over, finally found my holy grail lip balm! It smells good, keeps my lips healthy and most importantly doesn't break me out!! Love this lip therapy from first aid beauty, so glad to have discovered this wonderful brand.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have the pot version of this lip treatment.

The lip treatment smells very medicinal, kind of like Vicks VapoRub or some headache balm/ointment. It also tastes ridiculous if any gets in your mouth. I feel they chose this scent to convince us it's very medicinal and is actually working to repair our lips, but I don't see many "medicinal" ingredients in there, just a bunch of basic lip balm ingredients like shea butter, etc. The scent is added on and not of any miracle healing ingredient. The scent and taste irk me.

The balm itself is very gritty, and has many tiny solid bits which you really have to rub on to melt. When it's on, it doesn't feel too bad, just waxy. It does have a minty feel which makes you think it's soothing, but it's just mint flavour. Nothing special.

The balm does heal up cuts and scrapes on the lips. If I've bitten my lips and use this, the cuts heal, but it takes a whole day or so of continual use. My Melvita Apicosma Repairing Lip Balm does the same in less time and costs less, plus it doesn't have an unpleasant scent or taste.

It's not a terrible lip balm, but for the price I was expecting much more, or atleast less of the negatives (smell, taste, grittiness). I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have used this balm here and there over the past couple of months. Yesterday, I took it to work and used it all day during my 10 hour shift. This destroyed my lips! Peeling and flaking off and so much pain. It feels like I got sunburned. This is the only product I used all day, and it just progressively worsened the condition of my lips. It wasn't an immediate reaction (unfortunately). I never noticed it irritated my lips before because I was only using it intermittently, and never more than once or twice in a day. It went in the trash when I realized it was what was causing the "rash". Other than the reaction, I wasn't actually that impressed. The formula is thinner than I like in a healing balm, and the consistency of the product is, well, not consistent. Like it needs to mixed back into itself occasionally. I don't recommend this one for those reasons alone.

Been using this for a month and didn't expect to like it so much! You do need to squeeze the tube a bit before using because the jelly and oil separates a bit but once you do, it's works great! Really refreshing and cooling on the lips with a minty smell and very moisturizing. It's been a staple in my purse in the dry winter weather. Would highly recommend!

I suffer with chronic chapped lips and it peels so often. NO LIP BALM HAS EVER WORKED as a solution, lipbalm (even medicated) was only temporary relief until it wiped off. This however gave me a solution and i love it! I use it as a lip primer at the very beginning of my makeup routine then at the end i would wipe it off before i apply lipstick. If i've been wearing a super dry matte lip the whole day, after removal i would apply this again. However this does not work if your lips are already peeling, you need to remove the dead skin first then apply this (i suggest a sugar scrub). I will say tho it does separate with time. You need to shake it up before use bcs the petroleum jelly separates with the oil and the oil does not work when applied alone, what you want is the petroleum jelly. Other than that this is absolutely perfect.

Top Rated Lip Treatments