Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base

Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base

4.1

Aqua (water), glycerin, isohexadecane, ethylhexyl palmitate, ethylhexyl stearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sodium acrylate/sodium acriloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, cassia angustifolia seed polysaccharide, polysorbate 80, panthenol, carbomer, sorbitan oleate, tocopheryl acetate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, lycium barbarum fruit extract, potassium sorbate, rosa canina fruit extract, sorbic acid, tocopherol, sodium hydroxide, [ ( /-(may contain): Cl 77019 (MICA) Cl 77891 (titanium dioxide) Cl 77491 (iron oxides) ]

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have received a deluxe sample from sephora and i am so glad that i got it! If it wasnt for the sample, i would have missed out on this amazing face base!
I have the color no.1 and it gives me the glow within, angelic, luminous glow. It does have tiny sparkles but its not visible when applied to the face. I dont have the biggest pores but they are visible when i dont apply foundation the right way. This base does not emphasize my pores, it actually blurs them beautifully.
Even though i am on the oily side, i do like to look dewy sometimes. This does not make me looks greasy at all.
My favorite way to use this product is mixing with my GA Lasting Silk foundation and appying with a beauty blender. It is just soooooo freaking beautiful. I am so glad to have found this product and i will keep purchasing!

on 12/28/2016 8:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really adore this product. It's a primer I guess, with a beautiful sheen to it that adds a wonderful glow to your skin without making it too shimmery or sparkly. It takes about 1 pump to cover my entire face and have a bit of extra to pack on my cheekbones for a little added glow. It applies smoothly and evenly and feels very light on. I apply my tinted moisturizer or BB cream overtop and it leaves my skin looking healthy and glowy all day. While I don't use this product alone my mom does, she doesn't wear makeup but likes the glow this product gives her. It still looks pretty natural even without any product overtop so you could certainly use this just to even out your skin and give it a little glow/even out skin tone on a no makeup day. I love the packaging, the price $52CAD seems high but when you compare it to similar products it's actually not a bad price. Would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Got this as a sample from Sephora. I received Nude Radiance No. 01 and the shade works nicely. It's similar to Cover FX Illuminating Primer for me--gives an overall healthy, glow-y look to skin. Your makeup sits nicely on top of it. Wouldn't purchase on my own simply because it is hella expensive.

on 12/11/2016 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got this as part of a special edition Glossybox. I mix a pump of this with my foundation and have received many compliments and asked 'what are you doing differently....whatever it is, is works'.

The packaging is the worst - the lid is the same size as the dispenser and it's a rectangle. For this price, Burberry could have designed a better container for this product.

For the price, I would not buy it again, but if you have money to burn, go for it.

on 11/27/2016 12:30:00 PM

Very expensive product FAIL. I prefer Sonia Kashuk's Perfecting Translucent Illuminator or good ol' MAC Strobe Cream. Burberry Fresh Glow does not measure up IMO.

I bought this in 02 Golden Radiance because I am warm-toned, but I was surprised at how dark the product was. It goes on extremely sheer but still noticeably dark. I was looking for something to use as a foundation base that would add some glow. I like a semi-dewy look, but I don't want to be all shiny either. Well this product pushes you over into shiny territory.

And it's a little too much to wear on its own. Good for wearing either under foundation or mixed with foundation. It's glowy but not glittery (which is a plus), but it's super-shiny on the skin. Worn by itself, it makes you look like a crazy person.

But strictly as a foundation primer, it also falls short. It made my foundation pill up when I blended it and it did NOT help my foundation last all day either. And I experienced a lot of eye irritation when I wore this. I also had the same problem with a Becca highlighter which I attributed to the product's fragrance, but Burberry Fresh Glow has no fragrance so I can't pinpoint what it is that triggered it, but this product is NOT FOR ME.

Wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Got a deluxe sample size of this in a holiday kit. I like using this mixed in with my foundation and it gives a soft dewy glow/finish. Not glittery nor sparkly or anything like that, not oily or greasy looking, just a nice sheer lit from within glow. It makes my skin just 'look better' and the tone more evened out. I can see this will be nice for the upcoming Winter months in particular, where no matter how OCD I am with my skin care regimen, my skin sometimes looks dull and ruddy in the Winter months. I am suspecting this will help combat that for me (will update later on that, if my theory proves to be true). I do even just mix this in with my moisturizer on days I am not wearing makeup and it just evens out my skin tone nicely. Makes my skin look better than it actually is. This is flesh-toned, a pale tone. Not sure if they have this in deeper tones?

The only thing about this that I do not care for is the scent. This has a bit of a floral scent to me, and I just do not like floral scented face products. But it did not irritate my skin and did not bother my nose too terribly. But that is just a preference. I guess some like their face products to smell floral and pretty, but to me it can be annoying, and luckily this does not irritate my skin, as many floral scented face products seem to do.

All in all a very nice product. Is it absolutely necessary? No, but then I guess what makeup is? But this imho is definitely one of those things that makes you feel more confident in how you look. I just wish it were not scented, it is quite a heavy scent for me that lingers rather long after applying. I thought I had read somewhere that this is fragrance-free, and for me it definitely has a rose or a floral type of a scent. But then, my nose is super-sensitive to picking up scents. On the fence about purchasing a full size. Will see how this fares in the Winter months. If this takes care of my skin's dull appearance in the Winter, I will definitely scarf this up. I know that seems odd, but for me if it does that, then this will be a miracle product for me. As it is now, it is a very nice product. A confidence-booster type of product, imo. Not a disco ball look, just a nice dewy fresh well-cared-for-skin kind of glow.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Absolutely love this primer. Although I have super oily skin due to Peri-menopause, this leaves me with a gentle glow rather than a shine when used under EL DW. Just wish it weren't so expensive!

on 9/4/2016 5:52:00 AM

I generally don`t bother with primers, as I use a sunscreen or mattifying moisturizer under my foundation, but after getting a sample of this from the Burberry counter, I was hooked. I mean, it imparts such a beautiful dewy luminosity to the skin that looks natural. I`ve used it as a highlighter on top of foundation, as a primer, and also mixed in with my foundation, and I love the result for all three methods. This is the perfect primer for dreary winter days. Before I was using It Shiny! from Banilla Co., but that one is much more in your face, so safer for night time wear. I love the concept of Burberry`s make up: simple, every day natural looks to enhance your personal beauty.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's my second bottle already :) I use it as a highlighter on top of my foundation or sometime I just mix it with foundation to have a glowy finish . The colour is really subtle and light , it looks really natural that's why I love it !

on 6/29/2016 5:29:00 PM

I use this as a highlighter, not as a primer or as a mix-in with my foundation. It is a truly beautiful SUBTLE highlight that is just beautiful on the skin. This is not a Becca or Anastasia Glow Kit highlighter, but imparts a very believable beautiful sophisticated highlight that says healthy skin that is well cared for; not a speck of glitter, no real color, just really beautiful and believable highlighted complexion.

I want my highlighter to do just that - highlight, not steal the show. This is beautiful and one bottle will last you forever because it goes on like water and the tiniest amount is just perfect on the top of your cheek bones. If you want wha-bam highlight this is not your product. But if you want a beautiful glowy look that is just subtle and perfect then this is the ticket.

Understand that I am a woman in her midlife. I love following makeup trends but many of them I can't really pull off because I would look foolish. But I feel like I can cull the best ideas and make them work for me. Highlight is tricky. I don't want to look like I'm trying to be 20 but I want to look modern. I think this is a beautiful product for highlighting in a really beautiful way and I would buy this product again.