Burberry Fresh Glow

Burberry Fresh Glow

4.1

Aqua (water), glycerin, isohexadecane, ethylhexyl palmitate, ethylhexyl stearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sodium acrylate/sodium acriloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, cassia angustifolia seed polysaccharide, polysorbate 80, panthenol, carbomer, sorbitan oleate, tocopheryl acetate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, lycium barbarum fruit extract, potassium sorbate, rosa canina fruit extract, sorbic acid, tocopherol, sodium hydroxide, [ ( /-(may contain): Cl 77019 (MICA) – Cl 77891 (titanium dioxide) – Cl 77491 (iron oxides) ]

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's my second bottle already :) I use it as a highlighter on top of my foundation or sometime I just mix it with foundation to have a glowy finish . The colour is really subtle and light , it looks really natural that's why I love it !

on 6/29/2016 5:29:00 PM

I use this as a highlighter, not as a primer or as a mix-in with my foundation. It is a truly beautiful SUBTLE highlight that is just beautiful on the skin. This is not a Becca or Anastasia Glow Kit highlighter, but imparts a very believable beautiful sophisticated highlight that says healthy skin that is well cared for; not a speck of glitter, no real color, just really beautiful and believable highlighted complexion.

I want my highlighter to do just that - highlight, not steal the show. This is beautiful and one bottle will last you forever because it goes on like water and the tiniest amount is just perfect on the top of your cheek bones. If you want wha-bam highlight this is not your product. But if you want a beautiful glowy look that is just subtle and perfect then this is the ticket.

Understand that I am a woman in her midlife. I love following makeup trends but many of them I can't really pull off because I would look foolish. But I feel like I can cull the best ideas and make them work for me. Highlight is tricky. I don't want to look like I'm trying to be 20 but I want to look modern. I think this is a beautiful product for highlighting in a really beautiful way and I would buy this product again.

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

I think it looks good when first applied, give you glowy skin finish, but the glow did not last long throughout the day even I set it with translucent powder, I find Becca's backlighting primer is a much better option over the Burberry one.

on 6/7/2016 11:39:00 AM

Fresh Glow is the perfect name for this product. I mix a small amount into my liquid foundation and it NEVER looks shimmery, shiny or overdone. Provides the prefect amount of natural glow to your skin. I have a small sample size that has lasted quite a while but once it's gone I will definitely be adding the full size to my collection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Why didn't I try this primer a lot sooner and saved myself money? I've tried Armani and Laura Mercier primers but the Burberry's Fresh Glow reigns supreme. As I approach the big 50, my skin needs some extra help to recapture that 'youthful' glow, hence why I've been on a highlighter/radiant primer product kick in the past year.
After reading the reviews on MUA and testing a couple of samples of the Fresh Glow, I was convinced that I had found my 'holy grail' primer.

Armani and LM primers are somewhat shimmery and can emphasize pores whereas Fresh Glow is very subtle, doesn't have alcohol (like Armani does) and doesn't emphasize my pores. Most importantly, Fresh Glow doesn't make me break out. (ahem, MAC Strobe Cream)

I'll mix a dollop of the Fresh Glow with my beloved NARS Sheer Glow for a polished, glowy look that doesn't look greasy or too dewy. I use just a dime size of the NARS foundation as I prefer light coverage.
I do think the Fresh Glow is best for normal to dry or normal to slightly oily skin types.
Oilier skin types may find this too emollient. I do have to touch up with powder a couple of times during the day. (normal/combo skin)

The price tag of $54 CAD is in line with these two primers although Burberry's packaging is somewhat bulky.

I'll be saving my pennies for a re-purchase of Fresh Glow.
A definitely game changer in my makeup routine!

on 3/22/2016 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The girl at the Burberry counter tried this product on me. In the store, I could not see much of a difference. Later in the day, I had some friends taking photos of me. It was when I saw the photos that I realized this primer had done a difference. I have fair skin with pink undertones. On the photos, I looked like I had applied an orangy self-tanning lotion, too dark for me! My suggestion: stay away from it if you have a fair skin color.

on 3/18/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

FRESH GLOW - I adore this product. My Holy Grail, desert-island product.
a) Two pumps under everything, after treatments, for either a primer, or a stand-alone fresh look.
b) One pump with a pump of foundation = perfect, even dewy skin at age 50. Ready for meetings, dinner, or gala.

MY COLORING - Fair, with olive undertones. I've always been put in peach-y colors. (Yes, I must try Armani.)

MY BACKGROUND - At age 35 I threw away all but a tiny bag of makeup the size of a sandwich. Never looked back until the other day -- at age 50 now, I need more help.

PACKAGING - Too much packaging for me. Heavy, sharp edges, but at least it won't break easily. Slick metal-y packaging shows fingerprints. I found travel sizes on Ebay and bought tons for my purse and gym bag.

EXPERIENCE - The makeup artist at Burberry took me from a make-up hater to a devoted fan.

AFTER USING IT FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS -- I'm noticing that under Burberry foundations, it's great. And blended with my Shisedo SPF foundation, it also works. But it gets rolly-grainy particles when used over certain skin treatments.

on 3/1/2016 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm not a primer fan at all, but I can't do without this stuff. My skin is normal to slightly dry, easily irritated, sensitive, and doesn't tolerate heavy products well. But Burberry products have been my favorite for foundation and natural blush looks, so I tried this a year ago and have been using it ever since. It's simply lovely in every way, and gives the perfect natural, enhanced version of my own skin. The glow is beautiful, subtle, and sophisticated. I wear this nearly everyday, even when not wearing foundation. It looks just as great over sunscreen and a bare face as it does over tinted moisturizer or foundation.

I love the texture, which is fluid but not watery, and spreads easily. It feels lightweight and almost gel-like, and a little goes a very long way. Best of all, it feels like it adds some moisture, which is perfect for my skin, which gets dried out easily from allergies. It sets quickly but doesn't feel like it leaves a film or coating on my skin. It blurs any small dry areas without sitting on top of them too.

The finish isn't shimmery or obvious like the Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow primer (which I also like but not nearly as much as this Burberry primer), and it doesn't leave a white cast like the Chanel Le Blanc primer. This is like lighted skin, with a very fine, fleshy champagne-peach/pink pearl that never looks frosty or over the top. As others have mentioned, it's incredibly subtle and really just works as a way to add some life back into skin.

I prefer a very minimal base, with a sheer to moderate finish in foundations, and love using this with Laura Mercer TM or Burberry Powder Foundation for just an effortlessly natural look that doesn't cover my own skin. It looks fresh and radiant without that "wet" skin look or highlighter effect.

No fragrance, thankfully. And the packaging is plastic but sturdy so I don't have to worry about traveling with it or dropping it.

I wouldn't have ever thought I'd be crazy about a primer, but this is truly an HG product and a staple for me. It's one of those products that I would recommend to anyone and can see myself using for a long time.

on 2/2/2016 4:17:00 PM

I really love this product. It's the perfect consistency with just the right amount of highlight for my skin. Light, feels water based and goes well with my Dr. Jart bb cream which I use as a concealer on spots. I don't need foundation with it and since I began using it three people have asked on separate occasions what I use for skin care because my skin glows. I'm 49 with well cared for sun screened skin this is a lovely enhancement for my fair pink rose complexion. I will always have one in use and one for back up.

on 12/23/2015 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Here we go again with yet another love/hate relationship! Ok, so let me explain...

The glow this gives when used all over the face is fabulous. By glow I mean the dewy freshness it imparts; it is really lovely either without any foundation as under foundation (where it shines through healthily). My skin also felt wonderfully moisturized... Now when I tried to use this as an illuminator mixed in with foundation, nothing really happened. And when I tried this out as an illuminator over makeup, I got nada. So while I just love the dewy look it creates (and I can honestly say no other product out there "gives dew" on this type of level), its marketed as a multi-purpose product which really it isn't.

So given all above, here's my real - or rather - my main issue... this works pretty much the same as Strobe Cream by MAC. Sure, SC is pearly white while this is pearly beige/dirty pink, but that's only right out of the bottle. Once on, both give pretty much the same effect. Now I can say that SC is slightly less dewy than Burberry's illuminator, BUT only by a hair. AND most importantly, SC has way better ingredients in it. SC also does work as a very subtle illuminator over makeup. Last but not least, SC is $15 bux cheaper and you get way more. While this is a really nice product, it's not doing anything miraculous or innovative. This was a nice treat for me but I think I will stick with Strobe Cream, which really is not different, plus it has a few additional benefits.

UPDATE 1/26/16: I have changed my original rating of 3 stars to 4 [NOTE: I can't give 5 stars bc it still doesn't work that well/as advertised for cheekbone highlighting]... I have been using this under my foundation as a "glow primer", maybe 3-4 times a week since I purchased it. Everytime I use this I get complements galore (keep in mind I have uneven tone and acne scars). More importantly though, my skin is not as dry as it used to be. I do not understand how that is considering I have a plethora of $$$ other creams and serums but its working some kind of magic because my face is even softer and moisturized when I wash my face/remove it. I am also growing more and more impressed by this formulation in that it mixes so nicely with foundations I own that were just kind of "meh" and gives them a pop or glow, and it works beautifully with CFX color drops too. Now I realize this may not be the result for everybody, so I suggest/highly recommend you get a sample at Sephora and see if your skin loves this stuff as much as mine does.