A-Derma Sensifluid Cleansing Micellar Water

A-Derma Sensifluid Cleansing Micellar Water

3.0

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, PEG-6 Caprylic / Capric Triglycerides, Pentylene Glycol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Hamamelis Virginia (Witch Hazel) Water, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium EDTA.

on 10/21/2011 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

PROS:
It’s the only micellar cleanser I’ve been able to use without irritation. Others tested: Avène, Nuxe, La Roche-Posay, Bioderma (both the regular and the sensitive ones). It cleans. Doesn’t irritate. Unfragranced, though some scent from the oats and witch-hazel (contains witch-hazel water/hydrosol). Application: poured out onto a cotton-wool pad (or equivalent), then swept over face. Texture: a clear liquid, looks and feels like water. I've used this occasionally in the evenings. Can be used in the mornings too. Or whenever you clean our face, really. Cruelty-free (like all A-Derma products and those from their parent group--Pierre Fabre--and its other brands, ex. Ducray, Galénic, Avène, Klorane).

CONS:
Price? once shipping, customs/import duties, and taxes are factored in. Though it’s cheaper than the aforementioned other micellar waters. Note also that I’m only using this to remove sunscreen plus a teeny amount of finishing powder; not full makeup; and my usual face sunscreens are lightweight ones that remove easily. No promises for heavier-duty cleansing needs.

Price: (France) €10.00-13.00; (North America or c/o e-tailers) US$30.00 for 500 ml. Bought online: several French pharmacies ship to North America, and there’s a few “french cosmetics” type companies in the US that do Canada too. Much of the A-Derma range is available from Canadian drugstores (SDM, LD), though not this micellar water. I’ve seen it in a couple of pharmacies in Québec, so there’s clearly some distribution there. Have a sniff around online and in your real-life shops to see… It is, as you see, massively cheaper to get from France (or elsewhere in Continental Europe), but do bear in mind the shipping costs.

INGREDIENTS:
Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, PEG-6 Caprylic / Capric Triglycerides, Pentylene Glycol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Hamamelis Virginia (Witch Hazel) Water, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium EDTA. continued >>

on 12/28/2011 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I actually found this cleanser rather irritating on my sensitive skin. Not recommended if you have a delicate skin barrier.

on 4/9/2015 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought a 500ml bottle of this by mistake while meaning to order the SENSIPHASE A.R.
GÉLÉE MICELLAIRE so it was a bit of a surprice because I'm already content with the Bioderma micellaire.
So, it's like water and has a quite prominent sweet earthy scent that's probably not everyone's cup of tea. I'm not a fan but doesn't bother me either. I just soak a cotton pad and remove my eye and face make up. I mostly use long wearing formulas and go through the face 3 times. It removes every trace perfectly, no complains on that.
No skin reaction, no residue left.
I'd prefer a pump with the packaging and thumbs down for the scent but it's an effective product. Still I prefer Bioderma which is equally good and almost odorless.

on 10/24/2015 5:40:00 PM

I bought this by mistake since I really wanted sensiphase. The perfume is terrible! I can't stand it!!! I'm trying to finish this product but the smell annoys me a lot. I'm a big fan of other aderma products though.