3.9

price range

Reviews

from

7 years ago

Got the teal version of this on sale, woot. Love! the effect it has, it's so cool. I got lots of compliments. The polish goes on easily and very opaque, so you might even be able to get away with one thick coat. The magnet takes a bit of practice to get the hang of, but it's easy enough. You just have to be really fast! And be careful to not touch the magnet to the polish. One minus is that the design doesn't appear as nicely on my nails that are more curved, since the magnet isn't strong enough or something. Lasted about a week with minimal chipping, and a tiny bit of cracking, so it has decent lasting power. High recommended!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

7 years ago

This polish is awesome. It gives a textured look, but is smooth to the touch. The magnet cap is great and super easy to use. The lip on the end helps you balance the magnet over your nail. Other brands have a separate magnet and they don't seem to be as effective. The wave design is very beautiful. My favorite color in this series is silver. At this point, I would suggest this brand over any other magnetic polish. Great buy for yourself or as a gift!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I bought a bottle for myself and for my sister on a whim. I wasn't sure if it would really work but it definitely did! I got Houses of Parliament (the purple.) I generally held the magnet over the nail a few seconds longer than they say you need to and I got more pronounced results. I only have a reasonable steady hand yet somehow I didn't manage to screw it up! The staying power was better than I expected for a gimmick. This isn't something I'd do regularly, I normally don't even do polish on my fingers - just toes, but it was fun for a change.

About reviewer (127 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

8 years ago

Loved this product, I would say thought, count to 20-25 instead of 10-15. Creates an amazing design, and beautiful nails without much effort. Bought this in the metallic grey 'Trafalgar Square', it is gorgeous. Nothing else to say, just really nice.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I LOVE IT! i can't believe that they actually invented something like this. it's insane!

About reviewer (36 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2.0

8 years ago

I actually hate this. I tried it a couple months ago in Sephora and it didn't work at all so I passed...I tried it again last week and it looked pretty good so I bought it. I got the green, it's a rich jewel tone, but nothing special. I found the longer you held the magnet over your nail, the worse it looked. Also the thicker the coat you put on the higher the chance the nailpolish will lift right off onto the magnet. I can't really get the pattern to look right. It looks GREAT when I do it on a flat piece of paper, my hand...not so much. After a DAY every single nail is chipped, and in the weirdest places I've never seen my nails chip before, like along the cuticle. And the color and pattern look a little duller and less accurate then they did yesterday. This stuff sucks, save your money

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

I picked up at sephora after reading it on pixi2woo's blog. It sounded so interesting and nothing like I've ever seen before. I have the gray color. It is absolutely gorgeous!!!! You apply one coat first and then let it dry. Next you apply a generous 2nd coat and then you hold the magnet (its a separate cap that covers the bottle) over your nail for about 10-15 seconds. The results are so pretty. I love that each nail isn't exactly the same. It reminds me of a silver/black leopard print or something really alien-ish. Love it! I wanna check out then purple and green magnetic polishes as well! :)

About reviewer (732 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I got the purple one on a recent trip to Sephora because I was very curious about magnetic polish. I have no idea why it has taken *so* long for this type of product to come to the North American market, but I am glad that it's finally here. Nails Inc's version is pretty good. I got decent coverage with one stroke and the magnet is powerful enough to make the design quickly. The way the magnet is situated in the cap is genius. The little curve tells you exactly where to put it to get the right distance from the magnet so that the design is accurate. My only real qualm with this polish is that it isn't very long-lasting. I only used Seche Vite topcoat over the top and it was chipping and peeling after about a day and a half. However, I do love the polish so I'm going to experiment with different top coats to see if any others perform better. I am looking forward to getting the teal version since it is now back in stock on sephora.com.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

3.0

8 years ago

This is definitely a fun polish, but it's not the kind you can wear often. The result is subtle and pretty, though it does take a bit of practice to get the swirling right. I would buy again, but I don't reach for it as much as I thought I would.

About reviewer (1198 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

8 years ago

This is the coolest nail polish I have ever purchased! the designs are amazing, and it is much easier to use than say a crackle nail polish. The nail polish stays put for a very long time and it isn't raised at all, which I like. The only sad part is that it costs $16, and that is almost double the price of a regular color. but then again, some high end nail polishes cost $22 without any cool effect. I can't wait for more colors to come out. The purple looks really cool. It's so east to use too.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24