Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm- with Kokum Butter

2.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

coconut oil, olive fruit oil, sunflower seed oil, sunflower seed wax, avocado oil, vegetable oil, beeswax, sclerocarya birrea seed oil, soybean glycerides, cocoa seed butter, garcinia indica seed butter*, shea butter, shea butter unsaponifiables, cymbopogon martini oil, orange oil, clary oil, tocopherol, balsam peru oil, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, anise fruit/seed oil, cananga odorata flower oil, soybean oil, citric acid, geraniol, linalool, benzyl benzoate. *Kokum Butter

on 7/14/2016 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have chronically dry lips, and when I say "dry" I mean hard, flaky, bleeding lips. This lip balm has work wonders for me. Fragance wise is nothing amazing, but I guess that works since I'm not tempted to lick them.

on 9/3/2015 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Surprising to see this getting so many negative reviews. - I loved it. I tear at my lips, so they're usually either cracked and dead, or missing a few layers of skin. This is one of the few lip balms I've found that feels like it's actually moisturising anything. It goes on thick enough to feel like a protective coating, and keeps both my fingers and teeth away from my mouth. It also smells pretty nice. It's easier to apply than a blistex pot, more moisturising than softlips, baby lips, or lobello, and ten billion times more moisturising than eos. It's also way more moisturising than the (pretty disappointing) Burt's Bees coconut balm I bought at the same time.

I can't say it's better than Nivea, cos. I haven't used Nivea in ages and don't remember, but otherwise this stuff is pretty damn amazing.

To Read all 43 Reviews, Login or Join

I put it on and needed to reapply after less than 20 minutes. Didn't moisturize or soften the few dry patches I had on my lips. Didn't smell bad but the texture was really oily. Wasted $20 on this stuff :/ Not a good first impression of this brand

on 3/21/2015 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Everyone keeps saying how drying this product is but I think it's really moisturizing! It goes on really buttery, but dosn't last long especially if your eating, drinking, or talking. I'd say this is best to use at night before you go to bed, but now during the day

on 3/13/2015 12:07:00 AM

4 hour moisturization? More like 4 minute moisturization. I wish I read the reviews before purchasing this product today. Like the other reviews stated, this lip balm is extremely oily and doesn't absorb well. The grease sits on my lips, dries quickly and leaves my lips even drier than before. I've been only using this for a day and my lips are still chapped and more uncomfortable than before because this lip balm has left a gross grease film on top of my lips. Extremely disappointed. I'm afraid I'll have to throw this one out and buy something else tomorrow.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This one feels nice when you first apply it (very slick and silky) but it lasts for only a few minutes. It seems very drying, too. I'm not a fan.

on 12/27/2014 1:43:00 PM

I should have checked the reviews before I buy this product. It is the worst lip balm I ever purchased! It feels like a thin layer of oil on top of the lips that dries up after 20 min (and the product claims to have 4h moisturization...yeah right). It leaves my lips drier than before application. I also have the impression that it damages my lips by making the skin thinner...I'm going to throw this away.

on 9/22/2014 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Easily the worst lip balm I've tried from the Burt's Bees lip balm line. I've used the mint, honey, pomegranate, blueberry & dark chocolate, and original - all phenomenal lip moisturizers. This, however, is a huge miss. It feels like a greasy wax that just sits on top of your lips without doing anything. After applying, it is gone within 15 minutes and your lips are left feeling dry, if not drier, than they were prior to application. I love Burt's Bees lip balms, but this one just doesn't cut it with the dry Colorado air. I thought maybe I had developed a lip condition, that's how much I trust the Burt's Bees line of lip products, but when I read that other users had a similar experience, I knew it wasn't me, it was an inferior product.

on 8/11/2014 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This lip balm has a nice scent and is hydrating enough that I used it almost daily after purchasing it. It wasn't stellar but certainly wasn't terrible either. Here's the kicker, though: For about three weeks I was dealing with terrible, recurring breakouts around my mouth. Extremely sore, under the skin type acne that was hell to treat. When one would finally begin to go away, another would appear until I had several on my chin and one above my lips. I sifted through all of my makeup trying to figure out what I was using differently and then I realized... it had to be this stuff. I put it away and ever since my skin has been slowly improving. Not saying this would happen to most, but if you're acne prone, I would be leery of this one.

on 6/14/2014 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

An alright lip balm - it does actually soften up my dry bits and makes them easy to be rid of. Perhaps it would serve better as a lip exfoliator. It can leave your lips greasy, but that doesn't bother me a whole lot. This lip balm does not give off any strong smell whatsoever - just a slight citrus-y taste. I think this product over-promises and thus delivers underwhelmingly. It's also a bit pricey for my budget, and I much prefer Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm range.

Popular Lips Products