Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning Lip Balm- with Kokum Butter

No Image

2.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

coconut oil, olive fruit oil, sunflower seed oil, sunflower seed wax, avocado oil, vegetable oil, beeswax, sclerocarya birrea seed oil, soybean glycerides, cocoa seed butter, garcinia indica seed butter*, shea butter, shea butter unsaponifiables, cymbopogon martini oil, orange oil, clary oil, tocopherol, balsam peru oil, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, anise fruit/seed oil, cananga odorata flower oil, soybean oil, citric acid, geraniol, linalool, benzyl benzoate. *Kokum Butter

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It is mind-boggling to me that others hate this balm so much, because I adore it. For me, it is the perfect lightweight lip balm to wear under matte or liquid lipsticks that won't affect the finish. It is very lightweight and absorbs well. I get very dry lips sometimes, but using this daily with my regular lip makeup has definitely cut back on this problem, even when I wear lipsticks that are more drying. If you like waxier lip balms (IE the regular peppermint Burt's Bees) you probably will not like this, but if you like lightweight and moisturizing balms that feel like nothing on the lips then definitely try this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wish I would have read the reviews here before I purchased this chapstick. I am a fan of Burt's Bees, my favorites are the pomegranate and regular.

This formulation is very different, it reminds me of blistex. At first it fees very moisturizing, but in a few minutes my lips are dry, flaky, and start to peel. My guess is that this formulation has more humectants than the other ones, which causes the dryness. I found this article where a dermatologist explains, "“Lip balms with humectants such as hyaluronic acid and glycerin make lips worse,” says dermatologist Leslie Baumann, MD. “These ingredients pull moisture out of the skin, especially in a dry environment, and then the water evaporates away.”

on 7/14/2016 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have chronically dry lips, and when I say "dry" I mean hard, flaky, bleeding lips. This lip balm has work wonders for me. Fragance wise is nothing amazing, but I guess that works since I'm not tempted to lick them.

on 3/21/2015 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Everyone keeps saying how drying this product is but I think it's really moisturizing! It goes on really buttery, but dosn't last long especially if your eating, drinking, or talking. I'd say this is best to use at night before you go to bed, but now during the day

I put it on and needed to reapply after less than 20 minutes. Didn't moisturize or soften the few dry patches I had on my lips. Didn't smell bad but the texture was really oily. Wasted $20 on this stuff :/ Not a good first impression of this brand

on 9/3/2015 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Surprising to see this getting so many negative reviews. - I loved it. I tear at my lips, so they're usually either cracked and dead, or missing a few layers of skin. This is one of the few lip balms I've found that feels like it's actually moisturising anything. It goes on thick enough to feel like a protective coating, and keeps both my fingers and teeth away from my mouth. It also smells pretty nice. It's easier to apply than a blistex pot, more moisturising than softlips, baby lips, or lobello, and ten billion times more moisturising than eos. It's also way more moisturising than the (pretty disappointing) Burt's Bees coconut balm I bought at the same time.

I can't say it's better than Nivea, cos. I haven't used Nivea in ages and don't remember, but otherwise this stuff is pretty damn amazing.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This one feels nice when you first apply it (very slick and silky) but it lasts for only a few minutes. It seems very drying, too. I'm not a fan.

on 12/27/2014 1:43:00 PM

I should have checked the reviews before I buy this product. It is the worst lip balm I ever purchased! It feels like a thin layer of oil on top of the lips that dries up after 20 min (and the product claims to have 4h moisturization...yeah right). It leaves my lips drier than before application. I also have the impression that it damages my lips by making the skin thinner...I'm going to throw this away.

on 9/22/2014 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Easily the worst lip balm I've tried from the Burt's Bees lip balm line. I've used the mint, honey, pomegranate, blueberry & dark chocolate, and original - all phenomenal lip moisturizers. This, however, is a huge miss. It feels like a greasy wax that just sits on top of your lips without doing anything. After applying, it is gone within 15 minutes and your lips are left feeling dry, if not drier, than they were prior to application. I love Burt's Bees lip balms, but this one just doesn't cut it with the dry Colorado air. I thought maybe I had developed a lip condition, that's how much I trust the Burt's Bees line of lip products, but when I read that other users had a similar experience, I knew it wasn't me, it was an inferior product.

on 3/13/2015 12:07:00 AM

4 hour moisturization? More like 4 minute moisturization. I wish I read the reviews before purchasing this product today. Like the other reviews stated, this lip balm is extremely oily and doesn't absorb well. The grease sits on my lips, dries quickly and leaves my lips even drier than before. I've been only using this for a day and my lips are still chapped and more uncomfortable than before because this lip balm has left a gross grease film on top of my lips. Extremely disappointed. I'm afraid I'll have to throw this one out and buy something else tomorrow.

Popular Lips Products