blackup cosmetics - matifying foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
 blackup cosmetics - matifying foundation

on 11/8/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I recently purchased this foundation and I in love. Truly matte and velvety coverage for deeper tones. I also purchased the powder foundation for touch ups. Great line. Either use the tool at their website to identify your colors. I actually purchased the testers to determine my colors. Intend on purchasing more now that products are carried by Sephora.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Good News! Sephora just started selling this line in their stores.

Months ago, I became aware of the great BlackUp reviews on YouTube videos. I thought that this must be an amazing product line given that people are ordering overseas via the Web without actually testing first. I was dragging my feet on using BlackUp's colormatching tools on their website and placing an actual order.

But then Sephora got the line and I'm in love! Using the Matifying Fluid Foundation now. The colors are pretty and the texture is lightweight and easy. I was matched with NFL16 with the help of a Sephora associate. Lovely red undertones given my chocolate skin! And I have a medium-weight foundation alternative now to my MAC full-coverage foundation.

This is truly make-up at its finest! Attention is paid by the makers to texture, color and overall quality.

on 7/25/2015 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Ok foundation! However, since you can only purchase online, finding your shade might be tricky. I would recommend buying their samples at $3.50 a pop. That's how I knew I was #8. Anywho, this foundation is definitely matte and will stay matte for about 6 hours without a touch up. I suspect it will last longer during the colder winter months. Coverage is medium to full yet the consistency isnt too thick. All in all a good foundation with a great color range for WOC. Pricey but ok since you don't need a lot.