Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Conditioner

No Image

3.0

on 7/14/2017 9:45:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I bought a small tube of this at a yard sale (a great way to try unfamiliar products) but then almost didn't use it after reading all the terrible reviews here. I'm glad I changed my mind. I first used a hair mask (another yard sale purchase that I don't like too well) because the conditioner had been described as drying. I then shampooed twice, rinsed well and left this conditioner on for about 20 minutes. I have fine, rather dry grey hair and it came out beautiful. It even had shine (something very difficult to achieve with grey hair). This is a light conditioner which left my hair silky and smooth for four days. The name Mega-Rich is misleading. It isn't particularly rich or heavy but, for my particular hair, it was great.

on 12/28/2015 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is not a good conditioner in my opinion. It's not really hydrating, and the shampoo and conditioner combo left my strand brittle and tangled. I'm also not really a fan of the masculine scent either. I would not purchase a whole bottle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I completely agree with alina08's review. I have straight, fine hair in very good condition, and this conditioner (& matching shampoo) was terrible on m hair. I feel like it left my hair drier and less manageable than before use. Not good at all! I would never buy this line or recommend it. The smell is unpleasant as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Discovered this at the hotel I stayed at this weekend. I love the light texture and the herbal citrus fragrance. It conditioned my normal to dry hair and rinsed completely clean. Can't believe I was able to comb through it without using my Tangle Teazer. Once dry, my hair was soft, with lots of volume and body. I ended up purchasing the full size after using up two hotel sized tubes.

on 3/29/2014 1:12:00 AM

Worst conditioner EVER for fine and easily tangled hair. This is not rich in the least. By the time I got out of the shower, my hair was already knotty and impossible to brush. I also had to use a ridiculous quantity of this stuff just to get my hair to a semi-tangled state. P for pass.

on 5/23/2013 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I bought this conditioner and used it with the matching shampoo. I agree that the name of this line is misleading - neither the shampoo nor conditioner are "mega-rich". On a moisturizing scale of 1-10, this is probably a 6 or 7. The shampoo made my hair squeaky clean (in a bad way) and dry, and this conditioner wasn't moisturizing enough so I had some frizz after blowdrying. This has the same unisex, almost cologne-like scent as the shampoo. For $18/tube, I expected more so I can't say I'd recommend or repurchase.

on 12/1/2012 6:09:00 AM

I got a small tube in a hotel I was staying. This conditioner is not "mega rich", it's just average, light-weight conditioner. it was fine, left my fine wavy hair soft, but nothing special. I like my Garnier triple condition much better and I can imagine that this would be expensive, too. Possibly PTR should stick to skin care, which they do well.

on 10/16/2011 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A decent light to mid weight yellow lotion-weight conditioner suitable for all except oily hair types. Provided a decent amount of condtioning (not deep) but also did build up quickly on fine hair. I used this for a week as it was provided (in sample sizes) at the hotel where we stayed. Very nice for a freebie, but I like my Kerstase better.

Popular Conditioners