Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Body Lotion

Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Body Lotion

3.2

on 3/7/2017 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

cant get past the smell, which is pervasive and skanky

on 10/30/2016 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was stocked along with other PTR toiletries (shampoo, mouthwash, a grooming kit, etc.) at a Hilton I stayed at and I used it post-shower. In a stunt of desperation - since I hadn't brought along facial moisturizer - I slathered some onto my cheeks and forehead.

After some rest, I woke up to the most radiant, glowing face with minimal pores!!! I wouldn't think a body lotion would give me such a lovely complexion, but I got the room service to give me a few bottles to keep. As for body lotion, it's aiiiiiiiight. Absorbs fast, feels like nothing after a few minutes (it's not very emollient). As a face moisturizer? Heck yeah!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I too was introduced to this product staying at the Hilton. I didn't think much of it at the time. It felt sticky going on. It smelled masculine. But once my skin absorbed it, it left it supple and the fragrance almost gone. My skin felt great. I used it during my entire trip. Once I got back, I missed it. So, I purchased the full size.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have dry skin, and at least for winter, this is doing nothing at all for me. I use it primarily for my hands, and in less than two hours, my hands are just as dry as they were before I applied. It's very thin, so the 2.7oz tube I've been using often dispenses too much product. I also really dislike the scent, which is hard to describe but kind of smells like warm sprite. I much prefer cheap drugstore body lotions to this.

on 11/18/2015 12:36:00 PM

I like this PTR Mega Rich better than Kiehls Creme de Corps. It moisturizes really nicely, but it also absorbs really quickly too. Doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. It has a fresh, pleasant scent but it disappears. Which is good because I'm not a fan of heavily-scented body lotions.

A little on the pricey side for a lotion ($18 for 8 ounces), but this lotion is really pretty great and I'd buy it again.

on 4/6/2015 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this product while staying at an hotel (can't really remember which one!). The smell is kind of masculine but it smells great. It's not really moisturizing but it's a great light lotion. I will not purchase but I would be ok with getting it again in an hotel room.

on 1/30/2014 10:57:00 PM

I have been using this lotion for years only because I've been collecting it from hotels. Only within the past week have I used it consistently day after day and I cannot believe how incredibly soft and smooth my skin feels. The product sinks in immediately, so I have no qualms about applying it to my dry hands even right before a business meeting. I am now convinced I have to have the full size--and I am not one to be spending so much on body lotion.... I've also grown to really like the smell.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I stayed at a couple Hilton hotels throughout my 2 week Eurotrip so I used this lotion throughout my stay. I wouldn't consider it mega-rich since it doesn't hydrate more than a standard lotion. I do like that it is a thinner consistency so it is easy to spread, but the thin consistency makes me want to use so much of it. I don't think I would buy it for the mere fact that it is too expensive for such a basic lotion. The smell is a bit masculine; but everytime I smell this lotion it will remind me of my Eurotrip.

on 3/29/2014 1:07:00 AM

This cream smells delicious but hardly moisturizes. After one hour, already my skin felt dry and tight. This cream is way to expensive to do nothing.

on 3/6/2014 3:57:00 PM

My assistant got a tube of this from a friend and we tried it at the office; upon first try, it seemed ok. I contemplated buying a tube for myself, but the price: yikes. Fast forward a few months, and I was staying at a Hilton, and they had a full complement of PTR products in the bath (shampoo, conditioner, facial bar, and lotion), so I lucked out and got to try each. I have intolerably dry hands and body (not face), I'm sure largely due to a low-fat diet, sub-zero climate, and a space heater I sit over for 10+ hours a day. This lotion felt too light to me upon touch, and proved to be upon application. I could easily have reapplied a second lotion over the top without overdoing it, that's how light this stuff was for me. I was also disappointed in the scent: yuck. Kind of masculine, kind of low-end cleaning product smelling. I am glad I held out on purchasing until I got another chance to try this. I will not be buying a full-size and would not recommend this to anyone with severly dry skin.
**UPDATE**: I am dropping my rating by one lippie. This stuff is doing absolutely nothing for my dry skin. And I am beyond sick of the fragrance.