Joico Smooth Cure Sulfate-Free Shampoo

2.8

Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide Mea, Glycol Disterate Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Gluconolastone, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityltetrastearate, Polyquaternium-7 Silicone Quarternium-16, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric, Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Butyl Methoxydibenzolmethane, Benzophenone-4, CirticAcid, Undeceth-11, Butyloctanol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, PPG-12-Buteth-16, Undeceth-5, Laureth-9, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Triethanolamine, Limonene, Fragrance/Parfum 2012

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have thick, coarse, wavy hair and it's very dry, but also can become greasy really easily. I understand that sulfate-free shampoos don't lather, but this doesn't clean my hair at all. It's greasy and disgusting. The smell is lovely, but I feel like it makes my hair even more dirty than when it was unwashed. I bought this on sale, so it was very cheap for a litre. If you have the same type of hair as me and you want something to smooth and tame frizz, I'd reccomend Creme De Coco from Bumble and bumble.

This shampoo really works for me. Smooths the frizz and doesn't dry it out. I've been using it regularly for a couple of years. Hair type is lots of medium/fine curly hair, colour treated and frizzy. This shampoo really smooths it out.

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

I have very coarse, dry, frizzy, thick, color-treated hair. Product was recommended by my stylist for my hair type. Love that it's sulfate free and safe on color. After rinsing it out, my hair felt a little oily and not clean, but remember it's sulfate free, it won't lather up, so I don't use allot anyway. Once I started to blow-dry, I can tell the frizz is tamed and my hair feels really soft. Purchased at Ulta during their liter sale, so it's a good deal. Really like the shampoo so far.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

2.5 ?! I got this from my hairstylist after a keratin treatment and this is really the best. She selected this one knowing my hair and asking a specialist to pick for you really does make a difference. I have fine curly hair that frizz A LOT. This reduces frizz and my hair really, really doesn't feel dry afterwards. It's so gentle and just enough to get a good clean. I don't use a lot of hair products though, just a little bit of coconut oil. When I do hair masks and put a lot of coconut oil, I have to use my pureology detox shampoo. It's also free of bad stuff and basically like this one but stronger =dry out the hair more. Those two are perfect together.

SO it wouldn't work if :
- you have oily hair
- you use tons of hair products

Amazing if :
- you have fine, curly, frizzy hair.
- you have dry hair. This isn't drying, use with good conditioner& no more dry hair.
- you just had a Keratin treatment and want it to last as long as it can!

++ The smell is really nice and fresh!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first product I tried to help relax my frizz and fluff. It was recommended by the hairstylist and said that a good hair style starts with a good shampoo. At first I didn't believe him, but after trying different products I tend to agree with him.
The new formula of this shampoo is SLS free and it has silicone, which, as far as I noticed it is a key ingredient in fighting the frizz.

My scalp is oily and since I wash my hair every other day I really need something that cleans the scalp. Unfortunately a SLS free shampoo is not it. I tried washing my hair twice and still not the desired result. Because I can't use a conditioner, I use this shampoo as one, after I give a first good clean with a regular shampoo. It seems to work better and helps with the buildup of silicone in the hair.

I am planning to buy a second bottle because I don't have a better choice so far, but I am still searching. I bet there are.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Meh. I decided to take a big risk and try it. I got this free when I bought two other Joico products at Ulta. It smells very nice and the scent is light. The things that bothered me the most about this is that my hair didn't feel clean, even after washing a second time as directed on the back of the bottle. When my hair dried, it felt greasy as if it had a film. My scalp was also itchy in some areas which rarely happens since I made sure to rinse well. I have used better smoothing shampoos than this and am a bit disappointed. It does smooth out some of the surface frizz I get but not entirely. It does give my hair some weight, so those with finer textures might want to avoid this. Luckily it doesn't flatten out my curls too much. Those with coarse hair may like this better. For now, I think I will pass it on to my mom to see if she likes it since she straightens her hair every now and then, but I will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Ickkkk!! I bought the shampoo as I'm always on the hunt for a sulphate free shampoo...well this one is just gross. My hair rarely gets greasy, it's naturally straight and somewhat thick. The shampoo makes me feel like I have to wash my hair every day, though I usually wash my hair every other day. It makes my roots greasy and my scalp itchy. It also doesn't lather well, but sulphate free shampoos rarely lather well any how. I'm super bummed that I have this crappy shampoo that was about $16. Avoid this one, there are better out there!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Drying and frizzing. Does exactly what it says it won't

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I desperately wanted this to work for me, as I have bad frizz from an old colour treatment, despite babying my hair...and I have tried so many sulfate-free shampoos to no avail. Oddly enough, this shampoo and the accompanying conditioner made my dry, curly hair frizz even worse. :(
As with all things, your mileage may vary with this product - but for me, all it did was grease my roots, poof my ends, and left fine little new baby frizzies on top of my existing frizz. Too bad, because otherwise nice scent and great, easy packaging. That's why I gave it two lippies. A tad expensive, though. I will never repurchase, obviously.

HG for when I want to flat iron my hair.
I use the whole system - shampoo, conditioner, leave-in and heat protectant spray, and it majorly reduced the damage I get from heat styling, and it helps a lot with keeping my hair sleek and preventing the frizzies.
I wrote a more detailed review for the conditioner, if interested you can read more there.

Popular Shampoos