Tom Ford Santal Blush

Tom Ford Santal Blush
Santal Blush

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is really nice. Comforting, warm, invokes a relaxing feeling. Great for Fall, and what I like is this is also perfect for day or night, and I feel is safe for the workplace or anywhere you may be amongst a crowd or group of people, provided nobody has allergies to fragrances or asthma or that sort of thing (which I say of all perfumes). I like all of the notes listed in this, from sandalwood, to cedar, to musk, to spices, to jasmine and rose in the very background. The notes just all blend together very complemtary and very well, not clashing with each other.

I have read that Adam Levine for Women perfume is a dupe for this, and I disagree. Adam Levine's fragrance is all over the place and to me the notes in that clash with each other and just put off a strong chemical and very alcohol smell. Santal Blush is delicate and pleasant and delightful. The only thing preventing me from giving this a full 5-star/5 lippie rating is that this does not last very long for me. I spray in the morning and by mid-day I have to get up close to my skin to smell it. I thought maybe it was my nose had just gotten 'used' to the scent, but when I ask others, they cannot detect it, either. I just feel a good fragrance should last more than a few hours (let alone one of this price point). Also, the bottle. I do like and can totally appreciate simple and classi bottles, but to me, this bottle is very boring and even generic. Again, I feel a fragrance of this price point (and this lovely of a fragrance) should have a prettier bottle. I am not one to fuss over a bottle, but I feel like this one should have a nicer bottle. To me, this bottle looks like those fragrances or oils that people sell on etsy, and it is a 'your name here' kind of thing. Just very cheap-looking, not classy looking. I realize a lot of higher-end fragrances are doing this, but really. I think it is just cheap-looking. And I know some dislike taking price into consideration, but when the price is up there, I feel like a prettier bottle should be included, as well.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Thankful that I got to try a free sample of this, as it is uber-pricey, but...

It is divine and wears on my skin beautifully.

Most undoubtedly this is a VERY sandalwood fragrance. And this sandalwood perfectly blends the creamy aspects of the note with the peppery spicy ones (ala Burberry Brit for example).

But even though one note truly sings out and sings well in this composition, it is not at all boring or one dimensional. Other spices such as pink peppercorn and cumin, I believe, jazz it up while the cumin also, as it dries, gives the scent a subtle "skin: quality (note: this is not an overly sweet, overpowering, or sweaty cumin by any means) that relaxes the whole thing into a keen alert sensuality. Think of woman on the prowl, but not wearing plunging necklines or overly stacked stilettos. A more tailored, well-owned sexiness takes place here. A soapier rose lightly splays out on top, just to give a feminine (or if your a man, a cleaner soft touch) Either gender wears this. Although I see it as maybe slightly more feminine, but it is a close call between feminine and unisex leaning feminine.

In short, this smells Heavenly and seems to play out superbly on my skin. This projects well without screaming out the way some Tom Ford's (Black Orchid, at least on me, for example) can and do, but lasts a long time and stays full out for a long while.

Would repurchase if I save many pennies. :) LOVE

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/1/2016 8:39:00 AM

Invest in this! It's a neck-turner and it's such a romantic/edgy scent. My fiancée was in love with it as soon as he smelled it on me. It reminded me of Versace Crystal Noir but it's more oriental and a little of it lasts throughout the day. This is now my signature scent and the packaging is adorable. I highly recommend it.

on 10/23/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love at first sniff. Out of every fragrance I've ever smelled, it is my favorite. In some odd way it's an olfactory addiction for me. Like a perfume drug.
I get pencil shavings, rose and sandalwood predominantly. And it's a beautiful thing. Cumin and cinnamon make this just a tad spicy, but it's completely organic, creamy and refined. It doesn't come off stinky, as it's polished by the florals. I think it's simple, beautiful, and perfect. It smells like a natural, secret human scent, like what a person is meant to smell like when you're close enough to steal a hot, intimate whiff. I'm one of those people that love the being buffeted by the smell of people as we pass by, and this smells beautifully human, slightly dirty and sensual. Yes innocent enough, thanks to the rose, to be suitable for day wear.

Removed one lipstick because the price of his private blends is just too high.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff smells great, it's definitely gonna be my signature scent for a while. I get tired of smells pretty quickly but this one I think will take a while.

on 7/10/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have no clue what happened here. I had received a very generous sample of this last fall. I wore this many, many times and loved how I was enveloped and caressed by sandalwood, vanilla and exotics beyond my worldly travels.
July in New York.
I revisited this last night at Saks. OMFG! I nearly had a coronary this was simply wretched on me. Was it the hot humid weather? My chemistry? An old store tester? No clue. I ended up smelling old cedar wood, lipstick circa 1965 that my late mother would wear, cumin and armpit.
Crest fallen.
I loved this last fall and winter. Why such a reversal of fortune. If this can only be worn during cold weather it is still worth the absurd price. If I can't wear this in the summer in NY then so be it. I still love you Tom, just a little less.
Glad I didn't buy this full size bottle.
My fragrance search continues.

on 1/5/2014 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Beautiful rendition of sandalwood, in fact it is the best sandalwood scent that I have come across to date. There is some spice in the mix as well, which keeps Santal Blush interesting. Cumin is usually a "no go" note for me, but surprisingly enough, in Santal Blush the cumin is so superbly well blended and it does not come across at all as sweaty. This is a soft, gentle fragrance and I find it a good scent to be layered with Tom Ford's White Suede. Sillage and staying power are medium, and it stays rather close to my skin which I like. Expensive as all Tom Ford products, but a well-crafted fragrance in beautiful packaging. I really like the apothecary inspired Private Collection bottles, and Santal Blush comes in a pretty rose tinted glass bottle. $220 for 1.7oz/50ml spray.

on 12/16/2013 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is sandalwood in its most beautiful and elegant form. I love the woody floral scent of this. I never smelled a sandalwood like this.

but there is also a strong spice note about this that im not so crazy about. Indian food spices.

sandalwood dominates and last and even till the next day. And i would not be surprised if it lasted longer! The staying power is a dream, staying for almost for forever. The bottle is elegant, perfect for on top of a vanity or bathroom.

Expensive.....very expensive, 260+ swiss franks. Im debating wether to buy it or not.

on 5/9/2013 11:43:00 AM

Boudoir Santal... it has that creamy, sweet and spicy exoticity that is associated with sexy fragrances. I find it heady and forceful. On my skin, it's slightly sweaty and foody-spicy at first. Then it becomes very balmy, creamy, figgy and a bit cloying. Actually, it immediately rings the bells for Vivienne Westwood's Boudoir which was heavy on me whereas it smellt angelic on some others. I get a similar rose,cardamom and sandalwood feeling here. Still, kudos to Tom Ford for creating something different. I'm sure it smells better on many other people and an extra point for that. Also, the bottle is really beautiful.

Tenacious lasting power.

on 12/30/2012 12:02:00 PM

One of my favorite sandalwood fragrances. The sandalwood is creamy and soft, but made a bit bold with spices. It has a fenugreek note that threatens to bring it into curry territory, but not as much as Serge Lutens Santal Blanc. It is also less sweet and generally more subtle than Santal Blanc. Instead, the emphasis is on the gorgeous milky sandalwood, powdery musks, and the smell of skin. It feels exotic but comfortable.

Popular Fragrances