L'Oreal Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Golden Balm

L'Oreal Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Golden Balm

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Isocetyl Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Shea Butter, Beeswax, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Camelina Sativa Oil/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Origanum Majorana Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Bitter Orange Flower Oil, orange Peel Oil, Corn Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Paraffin, Royal Jelly Extract, Sorbitan Tristearate, Calcium Pantetheine Sulfonate, Carnauba Wax, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Disodium Edta, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyapatite, Caprylyl Glycol, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Rice Bran Oil. Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Ci 15985/Yellow 6, Ci 47005/Yellow 10, Linalool, Geraniol, Eugenol, Coumarin, Limonene, Citral, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Regardless of the age group this is targeted for, make no mistake- this stuff is intense. I have never used a cream so thick on my face before. This might be ideal for mature skin in a dry climate, but for the rest of us I would venture to say this is just too much, and yes, it did break me out just a tiny bit after one use.

I'm 28 years old, so I might not be the best person to offer a review on this, but I'm also always interested in trying skincare products that somehow float my way. I got this in a sample pack, so I won't comment on the packaging, but everything else about this product is in fifth gear- the scent is loud and somewhat lingering (not a deal breaker for me but it will be for many of you), the texture is best compared to honey in its thickness and stickiness, and man oh man does this moisturize like your life depends on it. Yes, it will clog your pores but it will hydrate them very, very well in the process.

I have relegated this to be used as an eye cream because it does have wondrous moisturizing properties unlike any other, but I simply don't trust this on the rest of my face. I don't doubt it can prevent wrinkles or even soften them but it is very, very heavy, so there's a good chance you will either love or hate this.

on 9/26/2016 9:08:00 AM

i work in an environment with air conditioning 24/7 and noticed the damage it was doing to my skin. Not wanting to pay for an expensive over the counter face cream, I ran to my local CVS. I had read about L'oreal BALM products. Lucky me, CVS had it on sale for $13.99 with a 50% more deal. What's not to like about that !? And a great time to give this product a try. Loved this balm immediately. It did quench my dry parched skin and I'm quite thrilled with this product. I wear this at bedtime and have been wearing this under my makeup. And not to forget, the neck area !

on 9/25/2016 11:18:00 PM

This is by far the worst Loreal product i have ever tried. First, the smell is so strong it makes me sick. Its like wearing strong perfume to bed and it lingers for a long time. Second, the texture is way too sticky for me. It feels like vaseline on my face and i can feel it for hours. Because it doesn't sink in for a while, if i fall asleep too quickly, i feel it rubs into my pillow more than my skin. I used it for 2 days and I cant use it anymore.

on 3/6/2016 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This was recommended to me by a colleague. I'm glad I took her advice. It's the perfect night time moisturizer. The first few times I used it it was difficult to apply. Lots of pulling even when I tried to melt it by rubbing between my fingers. I found that applying it to very damp skin works best for me. It sinks into my skin without feeling greasy. Perfect for dry patches caused by my tretinoin cream. I haven't used it as a day time moisturizer because of the lack of sunsceeen but I think it would work well under makeup.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Having dry skin, this has become a HG item of mine to prevent aging. I use it every night and it works wonders. The consistency is definitely a balm, it is marketed as such so I don't understand the bad reviews on the product being too thick or greasy. I have noticed a decrease in my fine lines and my eyes look refreshed also this cream has totally combatted my dryness. What a great product! If you do not like perfumed scents you may not like this cream as it has a distinct fragarance. This product is economical for me as it goes on sale at my local CVS for 13.99 down from 19.99. There are often coupons for loreal products which helps out as well. I have stocked up. Fast forward to April, 2017... I am now 35 and people guess my age between 25-27. I have used this cream every night... the proof is in the pudding and this product is an anti-aging Godsend.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I did not purchase this, it was passed down to me from my mother who has oily skin thus she hated it. I inherited my father's dry skin, and my dry skin really likes it. It is especially helpful in the winter months when my skin gets super dry and tight and scaly. A little goes a long way, if you put too much on it feels like you're wearing a mask of gross. I only use this at night, I don't believe it would make a good day, under makeup moisturizer. It does have a smell, and that smell is intense but I personally do not find it unpleasant. I don't mind the jar, as I use it immediately after washing my face, thus my hands are clean. I can't say it does anything for my fine lines, but since I did not get the box and haven't really researched it's "benefits", I don't know that it's supposed to. All in all, good cream. Not HG, but good.

on 11/29/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This used to be my favorite night cream, but I've recently realized that I don't actually love it. I have very dry skin and the thick texture was originally very appealing. But it's so thick it's difficult to apply, which led to me getting very frustrated with all the skin pulling I was doing trying to get it to absorb. It also leaves a weird yellow cast on the skin, which didn't really bother me because it was a night cream but now just makes me feel like I'm putting an awful lot of coloring on my face. The perfume is very strong, too, so if you are sensitive to that make sure you steer clear.
I'm on my sixth or seventh jar now and I just don't want it anymore. I will keep it around for winter nights when my skin feels terrible, but for daily use it's too much. It does work as a moisturizer, but the color, smell and texture just feel so unnatural.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Whoa. Alright, a few disclaimers up front. This "balm" is designed for mature skin. To me means 50+. I am 35, so maybe I picked the wrong product. Also, I tried this cream only twice before I gave up on it. Now that that's out of the way, this one of the worst, if not the worst, cream I have ever used.
This is also the first L'Oreal skincare product I have ever used. I normally use Olay, Aveeno, and Neutrogena in that order. I thought I would try this because it was on sale from about $19 down to $13, and the jar I got just happened to be 50% more, so I thought I was getting a great deal.
The reason I chose this cream is that I specifically wanted the richest, thickest, stiffest cream I could find in the drugstore. I figured that a mature skin cream would be my best shot. The reason I wanted this is because I am on a steady regimen to combat acne. In the daytime I use Clindamycin, a topical anti-biotic, plus Olay daily defense moisturizer with SPF 30. At night, I use a 0.5% benzoyl peroxide gel-cream. This treatment was prescribed to me by my doctor. If I do not use a moisturizer at night, my skin will be incredibly dry, irritated, and red both day and night. Hence the desire for an ultra-rich, moisturizing heavy cream.
The minute I opened this cream for the first time, I was absolutely dumbstruck by its overwhelmingly powerful fragrance. This is the most perfumed cream I have ever had the displeasure of smelling. The scent of this stuff can only be described as "old lady perfume." It smelled like Poison or Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds.
So, I dove into the stuff. I liked that it had an incredibly thick and stiff texture. I slathered it on my face and upon first application it was a greasy, oily mask. My face shone like an oil slick in the ocean. Within about 5 minutes of putting it on my face began to mildly burn. I didn't wash it off because I thought maybe it was just interacting with the benzoyl peroxide and I needed to give it a chance to settle and sink in. It never did.
As I lay down to sleep I just felt this heavy mask-like feeling on my face and it just felt so gross as I tried to fall asleep. I also didn't want to wash my face again and re-apply my benzoyl peroxide because I knew that that would even further dry out my face.
I tried this cream again the next night and had the same result. Both times I used it I could really smell the perfume of it on my face for a long time after I applied it.
I'm actually going to return it tonight and am in the process of trying to find another drugstore moisturizer or night cream that will fulfill my purpose of moisturizing my skin without cancelling out the effects of my benzoyl peroxide. So far after reading many reviews on MUA the prospects look slim. Looks like many DS moisturizers have a rating at or below 3 lippies. But I must soldier on. At this point I am not ready to bite the bullet and aim for a high-end moisturizer. Certain sources (The Beauty Brains) have convinced me that it is never necessary to spend more that $25 on a skincare product of any kind.
In any case, I found Golden Balm quite literally disgusting. It seems to have an okay rating here on MUA, but, I hate to say it, I am willing to bet that most of those reviews were written by women with mature skin, because I can't find any reason why women my age or younger would want to have anything to do with this sludge.

Run, ladies! While you still can....

on 10/7/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Love this cream! Verry hydrating! My skin the day after feels moisturized and plumped! Love the smell,verry soothing amd calming Love that the texture is velvety and thick. It's got 10 precious oils and pro-calcium. (Shea butter and bea wax too). I pair it with collagen ellastine st ives cream. Love it!

on 10/1/2015 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have tried many, many night creams for my dry and sensitive skin, and although Golden Balm is marketed for an older age group than me this is the one I keep going back to as my default night moisturiser.
When I apply moisturiser before bed I usually wake up with my skin feeling dry and tight no matter what cream I apply, or I have the opposite where a rich cream causes my face to break out from a cream that doesn't penetrate the skin and lays as an oil slick on the surface. Golden Balm doesn't do any of this, it's rich creamy and once applied melts into the skin where it gives me the right amount of moisture. My skin feel immediately smooth and hydrated.

My skin is dry to very dry (especially in the winter months with the heating on) and I love to apply cream on my face that makes it instantly feel hydrated and supple and gets absorbed by my skin without that it losses its effect. Golden Balm does all that just fine.

Pros:
*It's a very rich cream and you don't need much to get a creamy, smooth feel on your face that last al night.
*Its filled with precious oils and smells really nice - I like the aroma therapy effect it has, to my nose its like a faint orange blossom smell that - miraculously! - doesn't bother my sensitive skin at all.
*My skin feels and looks smooth after I use it. I won't say it's a miracle cream but it does make my skin feel more hydrated and thus look more plump.

Cons:
*Although the smell evaporates rather quickly, it might bother some people. If you like creams that are unscented or neutral smelling, you might not like this one at all.
*The constancy is rather thick and hard, I solve this by taking a small amount out of the jar and warm it gently between my fingers and apply it when its melted.
*It's not the cheapest cream but to me the benefits outlasts the price.