Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have three of these: red velvet, berry smoothie and candy apple. It's light, just the right amount of shine and moisturizing. My only problem that it tends to be too soft that it would kinda "mush" (so you have to keep it in the ref) and the cap breaks easily.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Why is there not a "maybe" purchase again button? These are great lipstick/balms. I have cotton candy and peach parfait. I researched what colors I thought I would like quite a bit before ordering and I like both colors. BUT, my lips are more pigmented than the swatches I looked at so the peach is real dark and the cotton candy barely shows up. 😡 So I will have to do some work to get these to really look good and I was really hoping just to be able to slap these on....I will either have to conceal my lips to get good color or put down a base color. I'm annoyed by that but hey...can't complain that my face isn't all one color. I have berry pink lips.

To Read all 919 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/14/2016 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own juicy papaya, candy apple, and berry smoothie. Make sure your lips are not dry before putting these on because they will settle funny.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I own 5 shades of these lip butters. I have Berry Smoothie, Candy Apple, Cupcake, Peach Parfait and Juicy Papaya. I've been using these for a few years now and I still love them. I feel like these look good on and feel good on. They are also pretty affordable and I like how each shade is named after desserts/food. I also like the packaging on these. I feel like there is definitely a shade for everyone because they offer so many. Overall, these are really good lip butters and I would recommend them to anyone.

on 2/8/2016 12:35:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I own four of these in the shades Berry Smoothie, Peach Parfait, Pink Truffle and Cherry Tart. I used to love these and kind of forgot about them for a little while but I was searching high and low for a semi-sheer yet moisturizing lipstick and I remembered I already had some! These do not dry out my lips and are not too opaque or too sheer, some do have mild glitter but only in the Peach Parfait do I find it noticeable on the lips. They do not have a very long wear time, especially if you eat or drink, but I find that moisturizing or glossy lip products usually don't so I didn't really expect them to. My only real gripe with these is the packaging. In all four of the ones I own whenever I twist the lipstick down after use it scrapes the lipstick and leaves a glob of gooey lipstick allover the rim. Also these all eventually have stopped twisting down properly after not that many uses and then I have to push it down manually. These would be near perfect if the packaging was improved! Not bad bang for your buck though and my favourite shade is Cherry Tart.

on 1/22/2016 6:54:00 PM

These are nice lippies for your normal makeup routine whether you do full glam or just a lazy day to day. They're hydrating and not sticky.

on 1/15/2016 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a sheer "lipstick." Lip butter it definitely is! It is very creamy and the lasting power is basically like a lipgloss. I like the colors and they look semi-natural. Typically, I have to reapply about every hour or so. That's too much, in my opinion, for a lipstick type product. I'm not really sure what Revlon was aiming at with this. It preforms like a sheer gloss, but is marketed and packaged like a lipstick. It's good for a quick lip color or touch ups, but I guess I am looking for something more permanent or long lasting. Overall, these are okay and I will continue to use it for quick, every day color.

on 1/4/2016 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I just looked at the Google Trends for "Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter". This product burst on the scene in late 2011, peaking in January 2012. Now, four years later, I'm getting around to writing a review. This fits perfectly with my usual late-majority / laggard status, when it comes to any technology, or apparently, beauty product.

After reading on a couple of blogs that the "Fig Jam" shade was *maybe* like Clinique's famous "Black Honey" shade, I thought about it for a few months, and decided to buy- only to find that "Fig Jam" was discontinued. So was "Red Velvet", another shade that Indian beauty-bloggers had praised. Naturally- I'm sure other MUA ladies can relate to the feeling "this product is awesome (or, potentially awesome), so Corporate Overlords will immediately decide to stop making it. SCORE."

After some digging on Amazon- yay for Prime and free shipping- I found non-exorbitant options, and have purchased a backup for Fig Jam. Starting actual review:

- both shades feel good on the lips upon application
- lips don't feel sticky afterwards
- lips don't feel dry afterwards
- sometimes I put a thin layer of Vaseline first ... or last ... or both; haven't figured out a "best practice"
- if I can refrain from rubbing my lips (er, against each other), or, obviously, touching them with a finger, the color seems to last between 1-2 hours
- pleasant, dessert-y kind of smell, especially for "Red Velvet"
- no problem with color bleeding outside my lips altogether, or collecting unevenly on my lips
- "Red Velvet" is probably the first lip color I've EVER worn where it is immediately obvious that I have something on. Otherwise I always go for the color option that doesn't look like I have anything on.
- I use a mirror when applying these, especially the highly-pigmented "Red Velvet". It's a change from my usual Vaseline or Chapstick, which I apply with a heavy hand. These are quite colorful, so I can't just swipe the tube around (and around and around), without checking what I'm doing.
- at this point, in my 30s, I probably wear some kind of color on my lips ... 3-12 times a year. Yeah, not very frequently! So, I haven't really figured out what application frequency works for me, during the course of an evening. For New Year's Eve (2015), I wore Red Velvet, then a coat of Fig Jam, then Vaseline. Looking at photos, the color had definitely faded after a couple of hours (and, um, lots of hors d'oeuvres), but you can tell I had *something* on, since my lips look, well, shiny. Good enough for me!

I guess I'll continue to have fun with these for parties ... and maybe date nights. Husband doesn't like lipstick, associating it with aunties who insisted on cheek-kisses, so I've always been grateful at not having to bother. But, well, since everyone else wears it, maybe I can try starting off the night with some color.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Motorcycle Road Trip Worthy: Revlon Lip Butters are my favourite lipsticks for "working in the field", eg. camps in northern Alberta, Bosnia and Afghanistan. I'm more of a lip balm gal anyway, but these creamy, lipstick/lip balm hybrids are perfect for work environments where dressing up isn't the norm but you want to add a feminine touch.

Lip Butters are easy and low key - at least the colours I go for are. The colours I use most are Pink Truffle, Berry Smoothie and Sugar Plum. I'm also a big fan of Fig Jam but it's not as MLBB on me as the other shades, so I'd be less likely to wear that colour in the field. I'm a 44 year-old, green-eyed, red-head (or rather Light Amber Brown thanks to L'Oreal Paris) and all these shades suit my fair/medium skin tone and can be applied without a mirror which makes them "motorcycle road trip worthy" in my books.

The colours don't last long on my lips (I usually swipe on lip balm every hour anyway), but along with my waterproof Maybelline Full 'n Soft mascara, they're a staple when I travel or work in tough environments and want to add a touch of pretty without trying too hard.

on 12/23/2015 2:56:00 PM

I really do love these things!! These arent really lipsticks at all..I would call them lipglosses in lipstick form or solid lipglosses haha. They are super smooth and balm like on application without any sticky feel to your lips and they provide really nice color. Not super opaque like a true lipstick but more color pay off than a normal lip gloss. The packaging is super cute and there is no fragrance or taste which is a plus for me.

Im more of a lip gloss person in general. I dont like how lipstick wears off unevenly on my lips, my lips are naturally rather plump so I ALWAYS get a ring of color around my lips with lipstick after it starts to wear off and I hate that. I like lip gloss because it wears off evenly without leaving weird rings on my mouth! These lip butters are like a happy medium between the two. Love it!

Pros
-wears evenly
-moisturizing
-nonsticky
-good color pay off
-no scent/taste

cons
(none)

Video Reviews & Tutorials