Essie Carry On

Essie Carry On

4.1

on 2/2/2017 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Essie Carry On is a beautiful dusty brown-plum cream polish perfect for the colder months. It applied smoothly in one easy coat, but applying a second coat added to the depth of the colour.

Love the colour, and if you have a lot of patience, it looks really nice.
I found the formula watery, and streaky, I had three layers and there were parts where you could see through it, maybe four or five layers would give a better result, but for me that's too long. The brush is also thinner with my bottle, meaning you need four strokes to cover the nail, not great combined with a watery and streaky polish.

I love the colour but to be honest, once this bottle is finished I wouldn't repurchase. I'd try a different brand that offers a similar shade.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My review seems consistent with the other reviews here. Great concept for color, but because of the streaky formula, and requiring too many coats, which means much darker color pay off when it dries. Womp womp.

on 11/29/2014 1:49:00 PM

Love this brownish plum color but wish it applied more like OPI. This is a bit runny and yes I agree it needs a wider brush!!! However, I would buy it again just because I love the color. Nice to have a super dark color that that does not look black. To get the color in the bottle you do only 2 coats because if you do a third it turns very very dark but still pretty.

on 5/9/2016 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the colour of this polish, and unlike others here found it nice to apply. My problem is that the polish is chipping on only day 2, and that's with my Sally Hansen miracle gel top coat, which usually buys me at least 5 days. Bit disappointing considering the price of the polish. It's a shame because the colour is the perfect mix of ladylike and edgy.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My friend let me borrow this polish, I had never used an Essie nail polish in my life. I used 2 layers for this polish but I noticed it would still need one more later but decided against it since I didn't want to wait a long time. The first layer dried pretty quickly, I was quite impressed and in the end my nails look very shiny and I didn't use a top coat. I'm on day 3 and there in minimal chipping. I really like it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

One of the polishes I have been complimented on (from a guy too)!

I really like the colour of this, dark maroony purple colour with no shimmer.
Perfect for the cooler times of the year (Fall/Winter). The consistency is a bit thin for my liking but that's just seems to be Essie in general, it doesn't pose a problem. Wear time/chipping is pretty good with this one.

on 3/12/2013 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Essie: Carry On #388

Amazing shade. It's a nice rich plum (almost black). It is a very sultry colour, it's a little too dark for spring (however, it's not quite spring yet!). This colour goes on excellent (as do all Essie polishes). To get the full intensity of this colour, two coats are definitely needed (sometimes for some shades, I can get away with one).

on 9/12/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is a gorgeous, quite nuanced brownish plum shade that's perfect for Autumn/Winter. However, the formula and the brush are quite thin which can make the application difficult: a fair few coats are needed to get an opaque colour. Like every Essie polish I've tried, it's got a chipping problem (sigh), even with my best top coats. It's got a 4 mainly because the shade is just so lovely and in the time before it chips it looks wonderful.

I found this difficult to apply, its a thin brush and a thin formula, I need three coats, two would have done but brush strokes were visible. This is the only Essie polish that Ive not been happy with and I have about 5/6. I wouldnt repurchase this colour again because I like my polish application to be as simple as possible, but I do like the colour and will continue to use this.

Popular Polishes