Essie Carry On

Essie Carry On

4.2

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My friend let me borrow this polish, I had never used an Essie nail polish in my life. I used 2 layers for this polish but I noticed it would still need one more later but decided against it since I didn't want to wait a long time. The first layer dried pretty quickly, I was quite impressed and in the end my nails look very shiny and I didn't use a top coat. I'm on day 3 and there in minimal chipping. I really like it.

on 5/9/2016 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the colour of this polish, and unlike others here found it nice to apply. My problem is that the polish is chipping on only day 2, and that's with my Sally Hansen miracle gel top coat, which usually buys me at least 5 days. Bit disappointing considering the price of the polish. It's a shame because the colour is the perfect mix of ladylike and edgy.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/29/2014 1:49:00 PM

Love this brownish plum color but wish it applied more like OPI. This is a bit runny and yes I agree it needs a wider brush!!! However, I would buy it again just because I love the color. Nice to have a super dark color that that does not look black. To get the color in the bottle you do only 2 coats because if you do a third it turns very very dark but still pretty.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My review seems consistent with the other reviews here. Great concept for color, but because of the streaky formula, and requiring too many coats, which means much darker color pay off when it dries. Womp womp.

on 9/12/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

This is a gorgeous, quite nuanced brownish plum shade that's perfect for Autumn/Winter. However, the formula and the brush are quite thin which can make the application difficult: a fair few coats are needed to get an opaque colour. Like every Essie polish I've tried, it's got a chipping problem (sigh), even with my best top coats. It's got a 4 mainly because the shade is just so lovely and in the time before it chips it looks wonderful.

on 3/12/2013 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Essie: Carry On #388

Amazing shade. It's a nice rich plum (almost black). It is a very sultry colour, it's a little too dark for spring (however, it's not quite spring yet!). This colour goes on excellent (as do all Essie polishes). To get the full intensity of this colour, two coats are definitely needed (sometimes for some shades, I can get away with one).

I found this difficult to apply, its a thin brush and a thin formula, I need three coats, two would have done but brush strokes were visible. This is the only Essie polish that Ive not been happy with and I have about 5/6. I wouldnt repurchase this colour again because I like my polish application to be as simple as possible, but I do like the colour and will continue to use this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

One of the polishes I have been complimented on (from a guy too)!

I really like the colour of this, dark maroony purple colour with no shimmer.
Perfect for the cooler times of the year (Fall/Winter). The consistency is a bit thin for my liking but that's just seems to be Essie in general, it doesn't pose a problem. Wear time/chipping is pretty good with this one.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE the color, dark plummy brown color, perfect for fall but w/two coats and SV, only lasted few days on my nails.

on 11/22/2011 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Love this color. It's a plum/raisin dusty color. Very dark and in dim light it can be mistaken for more of a black color but in any light it is amazing. I have a warm skintone and some purples are too cool. This one is an easy wear for me. It is vampy with a capital V. I had no issue with formula in bottle I purchased. In fact, one coat was fine for coverage. I only wear a mani for about 3 days anyway and then I change out.

Popular Polishes