Ego QV wash

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
 Ego QV wash

3.8

Aqua (water), sodium lauryl sulfate, glycerin, lauryl betaine, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, sodium cocoyl isethionate, peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate, glycol stearate, methylparaben, citric acid, propylparaben.

on 10/28/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I thought this and the gentle wash from QV were one and the same so I got this by mistake. The scent is a little different but still mild. I was worried it would not react well with my eczema but so far the outcome is similar to the gentle wash. It does not leave skin feeling too tight and dry. It gives a nice clean feel as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

AMAZE! My HG shower product. I will not use shower gel or soap bars anymore!
Great for acne prone skin, sensitive skin and dry skin. Just amazing all up.
Also great for the face aswell.

on 2/11/2014 10:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product performs reasonably well, I'm a bit disappointed by the QV wash, because despite being soap-free and containing 10% glycerin, the second ingredient is sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) which is a known irritant! It's a positive control used in scientific studies. When they want to see if an ingredient is problematic for skin, they compare its propensity of adverse reactions to that of SLS.

SLS is mentioned in major journals like the European Journal of Dermatology and the American Journal of Contact Dermatitis as causing sensitising reactions in relatively large numbers of people.

So given that Ego Pharmaceuticals created the QV range specifically for the Dermatology department of Queen Victoria Hospital (hence the name) to use for their patients, why on earth would they include SLS, let alone as the second ingredient? Perhaps this is why they also make a QV Gentle Wash which is SLS-free.

Ego has this to say about their Gentle Wash: "Recommended for cleansing drier skin as it contains a higher concentration of moisturiser than QV Wash." Really? AFAIK, all they did is replace the SLS with sodium lauroyl sarcosinate.

This could have been a great product without the SLS. Next time I'll be buying the Gentle Wash instead, which is unfortunately harder to find.

on 10/10/2011 9:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have extremely dry and sensitive skin that tends to react to most body washes. I would get really itchy on my chest right after my shower. Been using this for the past few years and loved it. Sometimes i even use this for my face in the morning and it works great. It cleans well and doesn't dry out my skin. I've tried QV's gentle wash, I find its too gentle for me and doesn't clean well enough ie. areas where my skin is oily, like my upper back and chest.

This product is fragrance free and lathers very well.

Product description:
Ego QV Wash is a mild, effective cleansing treatment specially formulated for dry or sensitive skin. For the treatment of dry skin, scaly skin, winter itch, ichthyosis, xerosis, dermatitis and other dry dermatological conditions. For the relief of symptoms of atopic eczema and psoriasis. Particularly suitable for infants and the elderly.

QV Wash is free from lanolin, perfume, colour and propylene glycol to suit the most sensitive skin types. QV Wash moisturises as it cleanses. pH 6.